What's on the menu tonight 02/07/09, Bams and ALL?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's not monkfish, although you certainly could use monkfish. I used cod fillets. I just posted the recipe on my site but I'll copy and paste it in the fish forum for anyone who's interested.

chowhound

Cod? Good deal! I'm sure cod is a lot more readily available around here than monkfish (which is know as poor man's lobster) ;^)
They looked seasoned perfectly. I'm going to look for that recipe and print it. Thanks!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I just posted in on both my website and on the fish and seafood forum.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Skiline Chili, & Garlic Bread.

(Sure could use a good homemade Garlic bread recipe, hint hint. ;D

I start with a French stick. Crush at least 3 garlic cloves (up to your taste) into about 50g butter. Mash together with with a tsp of mixed herbs (optional). Slice the French Stick (not cutting all the way through), about 2cm apart. Insert the garlic mix into each division. Wrap the the bread in tin foil and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes to melt the butter and let the flavour permeate.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I start with a French stick. Crush at least 3 garlic cloves (up to your taste) into about 50g butter. Mash together with with a tsp of mixed herbs (optional). Slice the French Stick (not cutting all the way through), about 2cm apart. Insert the garlic mix into each division. Wrap the the bread in tin foil and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes to melt the butter and let the flavour permeate.
Sounds good. We'll have to try that. :thumb:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
bacon cheeseburgers and poutine

24l6cg5.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
bacon cheeseburgers and poutine

24l6cg5.jpg

Well now that's interesting. I'd never heard of poutine before so I just looked it up and I understand that's beef gravy and cheese on top of those fries? That's gotta be good!

chowhound

Someone needs to start a garlic bread thread :^)

Another one; is to brush some EVOO on some cut bread of your choice, broil them for a bit until they are a little toasted, then rub a raw garlic clove on the top of the toasted part.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Someone needs to start a garlic bread thread :^)

Another one; is to brush some EVOO on some cut bread of your choice, broil them for a bit until they are a little toasted, then rub a raw garlic clove on the top of the toasted part.

Where's JoeV?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I have family who live just south of Buffalo and stopped in to see me on their way back from Florida and was asking me about where they could get cheese curds. I had no idea what they were talking about. What exactly are cheese curds?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I have family who live just south of Buffalo and stopped in to see me on their way back from Florida and was asking me about where they could get cheese curds. I had no idea what they were talking about. What exactly are cheese curds?

cheese curds are what u get when you make cheese b4 you form it into bricks... and redeye gravy is awesome but not on the traditional poutine..changes the flavor to a smokey flavor

more like a mushroom gravy,mixed with beef stock,red wine simmered down until it is almost so thick you could stand a spoon upright in the pot.lol

trader-joes-wisconsin-cheddar-cheese-curds-up-close.jpg

Calicolady

Mama, tell 'em to come back. It's just starting to warm up now. We could use their currency!
(I had a great aunt and uncle who lived on Grand Island. He ran Maselin/Maslin? Trucking up there. Retired in the 80s) I loved the canadian side of Niagara.

I've heard of cheese curds before too. Now I know. thanks.

babe

ended up with a disgusting flat bread sandwich, frozen, awful. but had a nice hot cinnamon roll, home made, that was yummy

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Sorry about your sammie babe!!!

Had a pan seared delmonico steak, red taters with rosemary and garlic, and kidney beans.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Spareribs, collard greens, and French bread. I tried a new 12 spice rub that I threw together with some help from the fine folks here. I also got to tease DW with the ham hock that I used to season the greens. Good times...