I guess we know how much Red Bull it takes...

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Red Bull 'may have triggered heart condition that killed student'

A student who died on a nightclub dancefloor in front of friends suffered a heart condition that may have been triggered by caffeine in the Red Bull she had been drinking, an inquest heard.

Last Updated: 9:14AM GMT 03 Feb 2009

Chloe Leach, 21, had drank around four cans of the energy drink and several VKs - a vodka based drink which also contains caffeine - when she suddenly fell to the floor in the Sugarmill club in Hull, East Yorks., on September 30 last year.
Miss Leach, a third-year social work student, of Cottingham, East Yorks., died at the scene despite efforts from staff and paramedics to revive her.
A doctor told the inquest into her death on Monday that it may have been caused by the caffeine triggering a rare heart condition.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ered-heart-condition-that-killed-student.html

PanchoHambre

those alcoholic energy drinks are scary and really gross... at least otherwise when people get super drunk they eventually get tired

Wart

Banned
those alcoholic energy drinks are scary and really gross...

Yes, I had one once over at the sister in laws (who also likes the herb, fill in the blank?)

My heart was hammering so fast I thought it was going to explode or burn out.

Nope, not me, not again.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Yes, I had one once over at the sister in laws (who also likes the herb, fill in the blank?)

My heart was hammering so fast I thought it was going to explode or burn out.

Nope, not me, not again.

Agreed! I had one last month and thought I waas going to pass out because mt heart was beating so much! :ermm:

PanchoHambre

I think they should have a disclaimer.... "if you are over 30 and either smoke or regulaly eat bacon this product may cause acute coronary distress"

smoke king

Banned
I drink sugar free energy drinks daily, and have no ill-effects. The only one that ever scared me was "Red-Line", and you have to be 18 to buy it.

That being said, I do enjoy the occasional "Jager-bomb".......

heb1976

my cousin always tries to get me to drink those shots with the energy drinks in them ... have no idea what they are called. i refuse to drink those ... not only because of the energy but because they taste nasty as well.

i really think they should take those off the market. young kids in their early teens are drinking those like crazy. too much caffeine for a child in my eyes.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
my cousin always tries to get me to drink those shots with the energy drinks in them ... have no idea what they are called. i refuse to drink those ... not only because of the energy but because they taste nasty as well.

i really think they should take those off the market. young kids in their early teens are drinking those like crazy. too much caffeine for a child in my eyes.

Yeah, the most popular ones are called Jaeger Bombs and Cherry Bombs... Some company even created a special shot glass for them.

280GS1000.jpg

To this day I've never had one of them, or even tasted Red Bull. I'll stick with my Bourbon and beer...