Dinner Friday 2/6/09

lilylove

I have some of Mav's cabbage soup simmering on the stove. Minus the beef but added celery and corn.

chowhound

I'm thinking fried fish fillets tomorrow, Babe. QSis reccomended some McCormick's Fish & Chips batter that is fantastic. How do you bread/batter yours?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
now thats a shitty job..lol :yum:

sorry couldnt resist..lol

and chances are you will be changing the toilet flange anyways... but i would just buy one just in case anyways

this is the one we just replaced ours with

http://www.oatey.com/apps/catalog/instance_assets/assets/Photo/48472.jpg

Actually, I woke up this morning to the DW yelling "There's water in the coat closet! My jacket is SOAKED!" Said closet is just below one of my 2nd floor bathrooms. After 5 minutes of looking, I found a leak in the tank of the toilet which soaked the floor and the ceiling in the closet.

I had nothing to do tomorrow...was even thinking about getting in the kitchen playing with a new recipe. Nope. I'll be at Lowes buying a new terlit. Then spending probobly a better part of the day installing it. I'm factoring in at least one extra trip to Lowes to buy a replacement flange.

babe

I'm thinking fried fish fillets tomorrow, Babe. QSis reccomended some McCormick's Fish & Chips batter that is fantastic. How do you bread/batter yours?

i sometimes just flash cook them, no coating at all. sometimes i panko crumb them or i us a dry rub called "dixie fry. i love the taste of fish so try not having coating over power it. :thumb:

chowhound

i sometimes just flash cook them, no coating at all. sometimes i panko crumb them or i us a dry rub called "dixie fry. i love the taste of fish so try not having coating over power it. :thumb:

Ditto. The less breading the better, but I usually grill or bake mine. This was a very nice, crispy, but light batter. Just right for me, since I don't usually eat fried fish and when I do, gotta have breading. And I went high and low looking for panko around here before..... probably have to buy it online if I want to try it.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
We ended up at Macaroni's Bar and Grill.... it was more 'on the way' to our other errands we were doing. I had the shrimp portifino and DH had some sort of trio where you get a salad, entree, and dessert. Got chocolate cake for later!

Calicolady

Ditto. The less breading the better, but I usually grill or bake mine. This was a very nice, crispy, but light batter. Just right for me, since I don't usually eat fried fish and when I do, gotta have breading. And I went high and low looking for panko around here before..... probably have to buy it online if I want to try it.

Chow, panko is readily available now. If you don't find it near your breadcrumb section, check the oriental section. No way you need to by online.
Even I can get it here.

buckytom

Grill Master
dw ended up making turkey meataballs and thin sketties, so i picked up a still hot loaf of semolina bread from the italian bakery up the other block to have with it.

also, i browned the hot italian sausage and a head of halved garlic cloves, and tossed them in the crock pot with a can o' hand crushed tomatoes, some basil, parsley, and a small container of leftover pork and peppers flavored sauce.

we had the meatballs, pasta, and bread for dinner, and the sausages, some bocconcini, and more bread for a late snack.

and i'm not sure if i'm ok with all of this toilet humour.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
So what that I'm posting a day late....:glare: I was busy!

The whole evening got off to an exceptionally early start. We were cocktailing by 5pm. Had some pretty neat 15 year old scotch came in a tiny box with a hemp handle....like I remember what it was called.

Then we had a platter of sliced mangoes, kiwis, grapes and sugar dipped strawberries.
Endive leaves stuffed with stilton, candied walnuts and drizzled with honey.
Slices of gouda, swiss and cheshire cheese.
Tomato artichoke tapenade and oil cured black olives.
Grilled lamb chops (sans knife and fork, naturally)
Philly pretzels

After a couple of rounds of the scotch we moved on to a very nice cabernet; which we proceeded to take into the hot tub. The discarded bottle is lying unceremoniously in the snow drift in the yard now, next to the forlorn yuletide tree.

Some time later we had slices of key lime pie in bed.:whistling: