Early Spring?

chowhound

Just to say.... Last week I got.... errrr, saw my first groundhog :biggrin:. Today I saw several robins in the yard. I'm not sayin' the snow and cold is going to stop anytime soon, but I'm hoping this is a sign it won't be snowing into April this year.

suziquzie

I'll pay for an early one!
2 years ago it was 82 degrees on March 26th.... I got a lovely sunburn! I'll take that again anytime!

lilylove

lol... naw... it'll turn brown and I'll go again tomorrow and turn red! I have a plan!! heheheheheh!

homecook

I'll be the pessimist here...we had snow today and more is expected this week. I don't see an early spring here!

Barb

chowhound

The geese have been going crazy here. I must have had thousands fly over in the last couple weeks, some high, some low. I must be on their route.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Spring started for me two weeks ago in Tennessee...70 degrees! Fish...have lunch...take nap.

IMGP0095-1.jpg

I have noticed that some of the migratory birds are returning. I can hear them around 0500 when I'm getting up. The mourning doves have also started cooing.

AllenOK

I've seen robins, bluebirds, but all the waterfowl has been resident ducks and geese. I did see a turtle sunbathing Saturday on my way to work.

PeppA saw a crawfish crawling across the road a couple weeks ago. It had babies under it's tail. The ditches are definitely warming up.

I've seen some folks catching crappie at the lake I live by.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
The ground hog saw its shadow. Where I live, we have seen snow in June. It has been so bitter cold, I don't believe that winter is over.

It would be nice though. ;-)

chowhound

Wasn't it just 3 years ago we got dumped on in May? Close to two feet in one day?

I still remember my neighbor and I trudging out back at the same time Sunday morning to get our plows hooked back up.

AllenOK

I've seen 4" of snow in one hour here in OK. Up in MI, I got snowed on once while I was mowing my yard in April.