Take Out - Fries

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
#1 - McDonald's - MUST be fresh and hot - To ensure this ask for them without salt and add your own

#2 - Checker's nicely spiced

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
If they are right out of the fryer, I like Chick-fil-a Waffle Fries and dip them in their Polynesian sauce. Second would be Zaxby's crinkle cut fries but you have to ask for extra seasoning.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'm in new jersey and most of the actual Nathan's I knew of are gone. There are still some inside stores like Target I think and in the rest stops on the turnpike. When I want a hot dog on the go there are a million of those hot dog trucks.

I used to love Nathan's Manhattan clam chowder.

Yes We used to have Nathan's in NJ. But they are almost gone and I'm not driving to Brooklyn LOL

You have to take the subway for an hour each way to really appreciate it. lol

We had a Nathan's here, but it wasn't the same. It's like buying a wolfgang puck frozen pizza from Trader Joe's, & comparing it to spago.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

We had a Nathan's here, but it wasn't the same. It's like buying a wolfgang puck frozen pizza from Trader Joe's, & comparing it to spago.
YIKES!! :yum: We do buy the packages of Nathan's skinless franks in the supermarket.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>We do buy the packages of Nathan's skinless franks in the supermarket.

gaping in wonderment . . . one of the first, lasting and/or famous points to Nathan's was the natural casings that snapped when you bit them.... did I lose track of something?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
>>We do buy the packages of Nathan's skinless franks in the supermarket.

gaping in wonderment . . . one of the first, lasting and/or famous points to Nathan's was the natural casings that snapped when you bit them.... did I lose track of something?
I use hot dogs in other ways than in a bun. LOL After they are cut into coins the snap is gone anyway!!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
You can now buy Nathan's either way - with or without the snap - in our grocery stores.

I also see Nathan's Hot Dog Stands in the food courts of a lot of the shopping malls these days. They seem to be everywhere!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

Oh!!! Such a wonderful way to spend a day!! That was how Lou was introduced to Nathans and Coney Island on the same day!! Coco and I got to the Mermaid Parade the same way!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I like Mcdonald's fries, but I'm a fry whore, so I'll eat almost any fry. My favourite cut, however, is krinkle..and most fast food places only do shoestring.
I do love a Nathan Fry!

YIKES!! :yum: We do buy the packages of Nathan's skinless franks in the supermarket.

I buy the pkgs too (not skinless).

LQQK. They even have recipes. lol.

http://nathansfamous.com/PageFetch/getpage.php?pgid=60

How about some...
Hot Dog Corn Chowder

4 Hot Dogs
1 onion Minced
2 ribs celery, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup of butter or margarine
2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cups of water
1 teaspoon salt
1 bay leaf, crumpled
1/2 teaspoon thyme
3 cups cut fresh corn
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup cold milk
1-1/2 cups hot milk

Sauté the onion, celery and green pepper in the butter. Add potatoes, water, salt, bay leaf, thyme and hot dogs, cut into 1/2-inch slices. Cover and simmer until potatoes are almost tender. Add corn and simmer another 5 minutes. Blend flour and cold milk into a smooth paste. Add -a little at a time- to the vegetable mixture, stirring constantly. Simmer another 5 minutes, and blend in the hot milk. Remove bay leaf prior to serving.
Serves 4.

Deelady

Steak Escape.....In/out....5 Guys...and boarwalk Fries....I also remeber some fair fries from when I was a kid called Piggly Wiggly fries, they were spiral cut fries that would be the length of how tall I was!! They must have made one fry from each potato!! And the seasoning was sooo good some sort of seasoning salt but not Lawry's... ahhh memories!! lol

I've never tried them, but hate to think of the fat/calorie count on In & Out's Animal Fries
Animal Style Fries

Animal_Style_Fries.jpg
All the same great stuff that’s on an Animal Style Burger, dumped on an order of fries instead.
http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/

OUCH!!!!!! :lol:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I love Checker’s battered fries, and for regular, Burger King’s latest rendition of crunchy fries is awesome.

We also have a local Mom & Pop store with a Deli here, and they make a mean Loaded Chili Cheese Fry platter that DW adores.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Steak Escape.....In/out....5 Guys...and boarwalk Fries....I also remeber some fair fries from when I was a kid called Piggly Wiggly fries, they were spiral cut fries that would be the length of how tall I was!! They must have made one fry from each potato!! And the seasoning was sooo good some sort of seasoning salt but not Lawry's... ahhh memories!! lol
Boardwalk fries extra crispy with malt vinegar!!

Sonic tots