Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
honey-glazed-carrots.jpg

2 pounds of fresh baby carrots
1/2 cup of butter
1/3 cup of sugar, or 1/2 cup of honey
1/2 teaspoon of salt

In a small pot add the carrots and cover with water.
Bring to a boil reduce heat, cover and simmer over medium heat
for about 10 minutes. Drain. Set aside.

In a saucepan, melt the butter and the sugar.
Add the carrots and salt.
Saute over medium-low heat until carrots are fork tender.
This could take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes depending
upon the size of your baby carrots.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i love making and eating these.. i just made then the other night for a fussy 5 year old that didnt like cooked carrots...she likes cooked carrots now..lol

very good recipe

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Love the glazed carrots and peas together myself. We make them all the time too. Very popular around here but then anything with sugar is with all the grand kids. :D

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Love the glazed carrots and peas together myself. We make them all the time too. Very popular around here but then anything with sugar is with all the grand kids. :D

Peas?:shock:

When we were kids, and mom and dad served carrots & peas, my brother would pick out the carrots and give em to me while I would pick out the peas and give em to him!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well in my house you ate what was put on your plate or you got it for breakfast the next morning. If you didn't finish it then don't ask but you wound up getting it one way or the other. I did live in a different time than you Mav as I have kids close if not older than you in age. :wink:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Well in my house you ate what was put on your plate or you got it for breakfast the next morning. If you didn't finish it then don't ask but you wound up getting it one way or the other. I did live in a different time than you Mav as I have kids close if not older than you in age. :wink:

WOW I feel young again!!:lol:

chowhound

Thanks for the post, Mama. I love cooked carrots, but don't make them nearly enough. I think I'll put a little orange on my plate this weekend using turbinado sugar. Nice pic.