TGIFriday 3/9/2012 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Fried Chicken Breasts (if they thaw in time), mashed taters (or stuffing), brussels sprouts, gravy and maybe biscuits.

Any plans?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've got a whole bone-in turkey breast. I'll probably just bake it. Not sure on the sides yet. Right now I'm thinking hashbrown casserole and green beans. It's raining this morning so, if it washes some of the pollen out of the air, I may make some bread later if I feel better.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Cooking at the fish fry today. I'll pick from the steam table. Week 3 of 6.

Leni

I'm thinking of making nachos as the main dish. Haven't had that for a long time. Sides would be an avocado salad and ?

Embryodad

No cooking today...

DW went to Pennsylvania.. and did some shopping for St. Paddy's Day stuff.

She went to eat...In the Church that we got married in. Yes...I'm saying that right.

The diocese sold the church, ( St. Anthony's) and two brothers I know bought it, and turned it into a catering and restaurant. Really Weird. Tina said she felt so bad sitting there and eating, and to think...46 years ago, she walked down the Isle in a wedding gown. L O L

She got Cabbage for 9 cents a pound...two 5 lb. bags of carrots for 99 cents a bag.
Nabisco Saltines $1.29 . I don't know how she finds those bargains..but she said she got two bags of groceries for $20.00..

She is bringing me back some ravioli's and a salad and bread.

Here is the Transformation from a Church...to a Restaurant banquet hall!.. What a shame!!..

http://www.stanthonyscenter.com/

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No cooking here either. Red Lobster night for us. Lobsterfest is still going on. Oh my. I had planned to have Salmon and brocholli, ya know, heathly stuff. But once seated and looking at that lobsterfest menu I could not help myself. Lobster and shrimp for me tonight. Mmmmm good. :D

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Fried chicken breast, microwave steamed fresh Brussels sprouts, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy.

030912_fried_chicken_P1090399.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
pizza, many-cheese

Attachments

• IMG_35481230.jpg
    IMG_35481230.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 299
Tonight was steamed green beans tossed with butter & crushed dried marjoram, buttered whole-grain egg noodles, & thick turkey ham steaks. Easy, healthy, & delicious.

Embryodad

Jimmy, I would drive all night to get to that new restaurant...they have THREE items on the menu with my favorite food in whole world...TRIPE!!!!:hotdog: Wooo-hooo!!!!
I know...hahaha.. That caught my eye right away!

My wife just called, and is on her way home. Its only a 1 hr. 20 minutes from me here. She has my Ravioli's with her.
Tripe was my fathers favorite!

My Grandmother lived right across the street from the church. She's probably turning over in her grave knowing people are eating in her church. L O L

When my wife was in the butcher shops...the one thing she hated, was breaking down the load of tripe, and cutting it for packages. She said the smell was like baby burp up. She has a weak stomach for smells.
Nothing bothers me. A ex-plumber!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looks delicious Peeps!

I ended up making a mini Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey breast, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, creamed spinach, green beans, sweet potato casserole, mac and cheese and biscuits. Now I won't have to cook the rest of the weekend :lol: I didn't take any pics....I'll try to take some of the leftovers tomorrow.

Embryodad

Looks delicious Peeps!

I ended up making a mini Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey breast, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, creamed spinach, green beans, sweet potato casserole, mac and cheese and biscuits. Now I won't have to cook the rest of the weekend :lol: I didn't take any pics....I'll try to take some of the leftovers tomorrow.
Wow! Kid...you went all out; fer sure!

My Tina loves those mini turkey meals like that.

Only one thing wrong! She Has To Have Candied Sweet Taters with it!
I can't blame her, because I Love them too!...
And when she candies....hohoho..she candies them!
A stick of butta... brown sugar..and Karo...plus pancake syrup all boiled and then lays the sweet taters in that to cook and absorm all the delicious sweetness.

Ooooo! I'm getting Hungry thinking of them, and that meal you cooked!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks delicious Peeps!

Thank you mama.

Your dinner sounds fantastic!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks y'all....we like the sweet potato casserole with the crunchy brown sugar/butter/pecan topping. I was out of mini marshmallows though.

Embryodad

Thanks y'all....we like the sweet potato casserole with the crunchy brown sugar/butter/pecan topping. I was out of mini marshmallows though.
Thanks for the mention of the marshmallows...

I was looking for something today, and found Three Boxes of Rice Krispies.
I know where a bag of marshmallows are too...UMmmmm!
Marshmallows + Krispies + a stick and a half of butter = Rice Krispy Treats.. for snacks and picking at every time we pass it by!

Newnork1978

No cooking tonight, since we had a late lunch...but we've got home-made hummus in the fridge & some corn chips calling our names. Yum! :)

Embryodad

:wow:Mommy even brought a Doz of KK's ( Krispy Kremes) for me / us!

I devoured two glazed, and one glazed jelly doughnut (s)!

Then I ate the ravioli..... 3 --3" squares of Rice Krispy Treats that I just made.. oHhhhhh!!!! I'm sickkkkk!!

2083e732.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I love seeing the "Hot Donuts Now" sign when it's lit up....if i pass it by, I gotta turn around. The plain glazed are my all time favorite.

I remember when DD was young and in Brownie Scouts we took them for a tour of the Krispy Kreme store and they not only got to go in the kitchen and see the donuts being made close up but they let them decorate their own donuts. They had the best time!

hot-doughnuts-now.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
I know...hahaha.. That caught my eye right away!

My wife just called, and is on her way home. Its only a 1 hr. 20 minutes from me here. She has my Ravioli's with her.
Tripe was my fathers favorite!

My Grandmother lived right across the street from the church. She's probably turning over in her grave knowing people are eating in her church. L O L

When my wife was in the butcher shops...the one thing she hated, was breaking down the load of tripe, and cutting it for packages. She said the smell was like baby burp up. She has a weak stomach for smells.
Nothing bothers me. A ex-plumber!

someone said tripe~ i luv the stuff!