TGIFriday 1/6/2012 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have boneless pork loin chops thawing. I think I will bread them or just season and pan fry them not sure yet. Sides are still undetermined but will probably be stuffing and either frozen mixed veggies or fresh steamed carrots. Unsure about gravy at the moment. LOL

Any plans?

I have boneless pork loin chops thawing. I think I will bread them or just season and pan fry them not sure yet. Sides are still undetermined but will probably be stuffing and either frozen mixed veggies or fresh steamed carrots. Unsure about gravy at the moment. LOL

Any plans?

Here's a "Real Simple" idea for Pork Scaloppine w/ white wine, butter & parsley, I received today.

Pork Scaloppine

pork-scaloppine_300.jpg
Grant Cornett

Serves 4
Hands-on Time: 20m
Total Time: 20m
Ingredients
  • 8 ounces egg noodles
  • 1 1 1/4-pound pork tenderloin, sliced 3/4 inch thick, pounded 1/4 inch thick
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2/3 cup white wine
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Cook the noodles according to the package directions.

2. Meanwhile, season the pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Coat it in the flour.

3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In batches, brown the pork, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.

4. Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add the wine and butter and cook for 1 minute.

5. Add the pork back to the skillet and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve the pork and sauce over the noodles.

http://www.realsimple.com/food-reci...049834/index.html?xid=dailyrecnews-01-06-2012

lilylove

I bought some ribs from Trader Joe's the other day. They are thawing as I type. I've never bought pre-marinated meat before so we'll see how they are. :)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Burgers - pickles, lettuce, onion, ketchup, on a toasted (no sesame seed) bun

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
DH was off today so I made a big brunch late this morning...spinach, mushroom, chicken and mozzarella omelets with hash browns, sliced tomatoes and toast. DH is taking a nap so when he gets up, dinner will just be soup and sandwiches.

Attachments

• breakfast01062012 (750x563).jpg
    breakfast01062012 (750x563).jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 132

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Pan-fried boneless pork loin chops, stuffing, mixed veggies and gravy

010612_pork_chop_stuffing_P1090271.jpg

Leni

We just got back from Jims Market. Tonight I am grilling stuffed London Broil with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. We also bought stuffed meatballs, a tri-tip, bulk sausage, and I was starving so I bought a couple of their fried chicken thighs. Better that KC's. Of course I was starving.

Nancy-MD

Yum, Mama! What a fantastic brunch!

Your pork looks real good, Peep.

We had leftover pork and sauerkraut, but I did make sloppy joes for my daughter and son-in-law since there wasn't enough leftovers for all of us. They had french fries and a cucumber salad to go with their sloppy joes.