Wednesday 11/9/11 What's on the menu?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It the moment it is flank steak, salad and maybe mushroom and onion mixed rice pilaf or mushroom saffron risotto.

Any plans?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
dinner wednesday, 11/9/11

i hafta use the burger i defrosted 4 the stuffed cabbage. i'm thinking of making them w/ barley as rice isn't my thing. althogh i'm s'possed to get to 'iggle this afternoon to re-stock my kitch, so i may prep/freeze them, then cook a different dinner for tonite

on your dinner table tonite shall be~

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Re: dinner wednesday, 11/9/11

oops, me & peepz posted the same thing, could a mod merge them. thx!

Done! Peeps beat you by about an hour luvs so the software automatically put her post first.

I never did get to the vegetable beef soup last night so it will be on the menu tonight.

lilylove

Pork chops are thawing... I have no idea what will be done with them. Kind of in the mood for chops in mushroom gravy but... don't have any potatoes for mashed taters and don't feel like pasta.

Leni

I'll do something with the leftover roasted chicken. The lettuce growing in the backyard looks great so a salad is in order.

Market had lovely wild Alaskan salmon filets on sale, so am thinking along the lines of Teriyaki-style salmon with braised baby bok choi & shitake mushrooms (since I bought a few bunches of baby bok choi at the farmers market Saturday).

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beef Bourguignon (in the slow cooker) over broad egg noodles.
I love beef with burgundy wine and egg noodles are wonderful. I wish they would make the egg noodles the old way. They were wider and not curly but for some reason I liked them better.

YUMMY Enjoy

I love beef with burgundy wine and egg noodles are wonderful. I wish they would make the egg noodles the old way. They were wider and not curly but for some reason I liked them better.

YUMMY Enjoy

It's funny that you mentioned it. I placed my order online, & thought they made a mistake. Also, the pkg is only 12 oz. Next time I'm buying Pappardelle.

Embryodad

Lunch was a cheeseburger for me at the Andover Diner on the way home from the eye Dr. in Newton.
It was tough meat, and dry...

"T" had meatloaf / mashed taters and gravy.. Good & I tried it and it was plain, but good.

I found out why I can't see good. Cataracts. Grrrrrrr!
I just told him to fix me up some stronger glasses for now. I'm not getting anything done till I see if they will maybe go away if I eat a lot of carroteen. L O L ...

Supper will be a grilled cheese later. I don't feel like cooking because my eye's feel heavy and sandy from those stupid drops the Dr. put in my eye's to dialate them.

cookingirl

Jimmy---soooo funny--esp anyone? I went to my 2 eye docs today also!!!!!!
wow...
I absolutely hate to have my eyes dilated!!!!! It really effects me!! I am 'out to lunch' all day!! have to wear shades over my transitions eyeglasses!!! and still come home to rest and listen to music for hours! I look like an addict!
found out I have 'dry eye, but not really...!!!!!!!!
I have enough tears but the oil (?) gland--who knew there was one?---is not working correctly!! warm compresses--eye massages!!! and special vitamins with fish oil and flaxseed oil to see if it works!!! YIKES>>>>>
:hotdog:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Flank steak done on the cast iron stovetop grill pan and salad.

110911_flank_steak.jpg

Nancy-MD

Peep, your flank steak looks perfect! Yum!

Jimmy, cataracts will never go away and never clear up, not even a little bit. They will only get worse in time. So, my friend, just resign yourself that you will have to get them removed when your eye doc says the time is right.

I made stuffed peppers with mac and cheese, and steamed green beans.

Attachments

• 11.9.11.jpg
    11.9.11.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 91

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Jimmy, cataracts will never go away and never clear up, not even a little bit. They will only get worse in time. So, my friend, just resign yourself that you will have to get them removed when your eye doc says the time is right.

Thank you Nan.

Your meal looks fantastic and I want some!!

Embryodad

Jimmy---soooo funny--esp anyone? I went to my 2 eye docs today also!!!!!!
wow...
I absolutely hate to have my eyes dilated!!!!! It really effects me!! I am 'out to lunch' all day!! have to wear shades over my transitions eyeglasses!!! and still come home to rest and listen to music for hours! I look like an addict!
found out I have 'dry eye, but not really...!!!!!!!!
I have enough tears but the oil (?) gland--who knew there was one?---is not working correctly!! warm compresses--eye massages!!! and special vitamins with fish oil and flaxseed oil to see if it works!!! YIKES>>>>>
:hotdog:
OMG.... I usually don't have problems with anything...but my eye's are very sensitive. That is why I could never wear contact lenses. Even the soft gel ones. My eyes are all burned from welding arcs from when I did pipe fitting / welding and brazing.

I had a feeling of closed in and couldn't find my way out...

I'm just feeling better now, and T and me are H U N G R Y .....
We are heating Hungry Man TV dinners ... Tina = turkey and jimmy = salisbury steak..

I'm sure that Hungry man must weigh 110 lbs. Where are the dinners for the over 260 lb men?....... Tina said...at the Zoo in the Lions Den.

I guess I will eat with a baby fork to make it look like a big meal.
Tina said,"Yeah, don't shove the whole piece of meat in your mouth all at once!" hahahahahaha

Embryodad

Flank steak done on the cast iron stovetop grill pan and salad.

110911_flank_steak.jpg

Peep...as usual..the dinner looks awesome. Beats the swanson hungry man salisbury steak dinner I just got sick on. Yuuk No taste / bland.

Pepper looks good Nancy. Yeah! I know they won't go away (cataracts) but I just hate all the BS waiting and ditzing around waiting and waiting while they make a big monstrous deal out of it.

It's like when I go to get my teeth done, I tell them do all at once. I hate coming back next week, and this day and that day. Such a pain in the @**.\ Like today...I get to the Dr.s and she puts me in a exam room, and I'm sitting there for 25 minutes. I was ready to walk out ...and the girl comes in and says,"Oh, You are waiting?"...I said Naw,"I'm just sitting her cause the room was empty, and I was tired!"
she said,"did the Dr see you or come in yet?... I said,Noooooooo.
10 minutes later...He comes in, and starts rushing me.

He said, I'm not guaranteeing perfect sight, just so you know!

I told Him,"As soon as I saw you, I knew that I would not even expect anything better than fair!" I wouldn't ask you to wave your magic wand on my account!" I'll take what ever the heck I can get. It's hopefully a far cry from what I can see now!"

I told him, you were recommended by an opthomologist that tried two times to correct my vision within two visits in one year...and he was a MD too! Sorry to say! ...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
tonite i was drowsy, so dinner was simple- i made a burger, put it on an english muffin slathered in garlic & herb goat cheese & fried an egg for it in pan drippings & layered that on w/ paper-thin sliced tomato & onion. (last tomato i'll be buying for awhile- the other ones i have i'm gonna concasse & freeze for sauce) on a whim, i made canned peas & boxed potato w/ butter & cream.

thanks, mama. some veggie-beef soup would be so cozy tonite.
very colorful dinner, peepz,- yours too, nancy.
jimmy & cyn, uck on those eyedrops-

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peep...as usual..the dinner looks awesome. Beats the swanson hungry man salisbury steak dinner I just got sick on. Yuuk No taste / bland.

Pepper looks good Nancy. Yeah! I know they won't go away (cataracts) but I just hate all the BS waiting and ditzing around waiting and waiting while they make a big monstrous deal out of it.

It's like when I go to get my teeth done, I tell them do all at once. I hate coming back next week, and this day and that day. Such a pain in the @**.\ Like today...I get to the Dr.s and she puts me in a exam room, and I'm sitting there for 25 minutes. I was ready to walk out ...and the girl comes in and says,"Oh, You are waiting?"...I said Naw,"I'm just sitting her cause the room was empty, and I was tired!"
she said,"did the Dr see you or come in yet?... I said,Noooooooo.
10 minutes later...He comes in, and starts rushing me.

He said, I'm not guaranteeing perfect sight, just so you know!

I told Him,"As soon as I saw you, I knew that I would not even expect anything better than fair!" I wouldn't ask you to wave your magic wand on my account!" I'll take what ever the heck I can get. It's hopefully a far cry from what I can see now!"

I told him, you were recommended by an opthomologist that tried two times to correct my vision within two visits in one year...and he was a MD too! Sorry to say! ...

tonite i was drowsy, so dinner was simple- i made a burger, put it on an english muffin slathered in garlic & herb goat cheese & fried an egg for it in pan drippings & layered that on w/ paper-thin sliced tomato & onion. (last tomato i'll be buying for awhile- the other ones i have i'm gonna concasse & freeze for sauce) on a whim, i made canned peas & boxed potato w/ butter & cream.

thanks, mama. some veggie-beef soup would be so cozy tonite.
very colorful dinner, peepz,- yours too, nancy.
jimmy & cyn, uck on those eyedrops-
Thank you Jimmy and Luvs.

Sorry your dinner was nasty Jimmy.

Luvs your dinner sounds wonderful.