Wednesday, 6/29/2011, What's on the menu today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Tacos are on the menu for dinner today. Maybe guacamole. Late breakfast will be pan fried skirt steak when hub gets home (I had a bit of sopressata). I am craving LOTS of protein. LOL

Any plans?

Carolina Cooking

I have a bag of fresh spinach that needs to be used.

i may make a large spinach salad with chicken breast & manderin O. :thumb:

I just made breakfast myself , lots of bacon & a 3egg omletwith cheese & some leftover salsa. its late for me.so maybe I will skip lunch & have a snack of deviled eggs & maybe a bit of cheese mid afternoon so I can eat at 5. still not used to eating so early.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I just had a huge BLT with mayo and a fried egg on toasted oat bread, so.. dinner later will be something light.

Embryodad

I had pizza crusts for breakfast dipped in my coffee.

No lunch...took some Aleve for Back pain and headache at the same time.
In a way the back pain is good....It takes some of the pain away from the headache pain. LOL...

Supper...will only be for Jimmy-Me-Self..& Mommy-Be-Gone back to her Uncs Farmhouse in south Jersey for a couple days.
Hope she brings back some blueberry's. She is smack dab in the center of Hamilton Twp. The blueberry capital. Ummm...I could go for a blueberry pie on a pastry crust, and with a cake and crumb topping. I think they call them Blueberry Squares. I like Raisin Squares too! Yum Yum!

Carolina Cooking

Jimmy
I know all about those jersey blueberrys. When I lived in Baltimore I went to Stone Harbour NJ every summer to the beach for 15 yrs lol.
I always took the biggest cooler I had & filled it up with blueberrys.

I got a bunch last week here :mad: NJ blueberrys. Lousy. half where moldy, squished, small. wonder where in jersey THEY came from???

But they are in my freezer..

Embryodad

Jimmy
I know all about those jersey blueberrys. When I lived in Baltimore I went to Stone Harbour NJ every summer to the beach for 15 yrs lol.
I always took the biggest cooler I had & filled it up with blueberrys.

I got a bunch last week here :mad: NJ blueberrys. Lousy. half where moldy, squished, small. wonder where in jersey THEY came from???

But they are in my freezer..
Wow!... Usually the ones from Hamilton Farms are good.
Blueberries are very fragile. A lot of puveyers and repackagers will mishandle the berries. Once they are picked...within 3 hours they should be kept cool.

When "T" worked in the supermarkets...she would see pallets of berries all packaged and sitting back in the back room area for a whole day before they were put into refrigeration. I've seen it myself when I did refrigeration work in the big supermarkets. The most pitiful, was seeing pallets of chickens sweating in the back room, and no one perked enough to put it away in the coolers.

Embryodad

I can go for a couple char grilled hot dogs. Nice and crusty blackened with mustard and green Emerald Relish...and a nice cold Iced chocolate milk or Ovaltine..with a spoon of crystals dropped into the bottom and not stirred up so I can get the surprize last gulp. Yum!

Embryodad

Well.... I found a pack of dogs in the freezer...
I took out 4, and grilled them on the outdoor grill..

Made nice "Coal Dogs" ..and believe me, it tasted like chewing on coal. Ummmmm!!! :bbq:

766abb58.jpg

Good to the "Last Bite"... The Last bite is the best! :hotdog:

c95b7874.jpg

Mr. Green Jeans

I have chicken thighs marinating in balsamic vinegar, a splash of EVOO, a little mustard to help emulsify, fresh basil from the garden and garlic. Marinade and all gets dumped into a baking pan > into a 350 oven for 25 minutes > turn > another 25 minutes > by then the vinegar has carmelized nicely on the chicken. Very tasty! Oh and steamed snap peas from the garden too!

Embryodad

:thumb: I like my dogs that way too. and spareribs.. Black & charred..
I'll take some blacken chicken too. :smile:

Me too C C ...

The best part of breakfast...is my "Black Burned Toast"...
If my tummy is queezy and especially late night...I fire up the toaster, and click the toast down 3 times until the flames just about start...hahahahahahahaha. Boy the house fills up with smoke, and it sometimes wakes up the neighbors. The one next door neighbor asked me the next day,"Jimmy, we don't know what the heck you were cooking over there, but it smelled like the Bakery making bread!" ...... hahahahahahaha.....I told them all I made was toast...but left it at that. LOL
Everybody Wakes Up....

When the kids were home...and time to get up for something; :idea: I would just make some burnt toast! They smelled the great toast, and come running for breakfast. L O L ...

BTW... I let it cool before piling lumps of nice cool butter. Ooooo!
The bite of the butter, and the crunch of the toast. Priceless..IMO
My dad loved his toast that way, and my son loves it that way too!

7d317daa.jpg

Nancy-MD

I like blackened hot dogs and kielbasa, but I'd take a knife to that toast and scrape some of the burnt parts off into the sink. LOL! Then I'd eat it. Lots of butter, just the way I do mine.

I made us some sausage gravy. I had mine over white rice and DH had his over brown rice. No biscuits for us!

Attachments

• sausage gravy over rice 004.jpg
    sausage gravy over rice 004.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 73

Embryodad

I like blackened hot dogs and kielbasa, but I'd take a knife to that toast and scrape some of the burnt parts off into the sink. LOL! Then I'd eat it. Lots of butter, just the way I do mine.

I made us some sausage gravy. I had mine over white rice and DH had his over brown rice. No biscuits for us!
The last time we sausage gravy, was last year when we were in Lancaster, PA twiddling around and enjoying the Dutch cooking; etc. We stopped to eat breakfast in a Bob Evans...( we have none in NJ..Boo Hoo) and then DW bought a package of their gravy mix. We had it home, but it was not the same as eating it there.
We have one in Lehigh Valley PA in Allentown which is only 40 minutes drive, but I told "T" I have to be right there by a restroom after eating all those sausages and the sausage gravy. It's like a Volcano bellyache ready to erupt when I eat all that fat drippage...but Oh! It's so Good!....

Darn it...I'm hungry all over again... I'm wishing for pancakes or French Toast!
Lumps of sweet butter, and Karo Pancke and Waffle Syrup...Ummmmm!!!