Saturday, 6/18/2011, Whats on the table?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It's going to about 90F today so maybe a salad with toppers.

Any plans?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Chuck roast in the pressure cooker. The sides will be mashed potatoes, gravy, peas and sliced tomatoes.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Chuck roast in the pressure cooker. The sides will be mashed potatoes, gravy, peas and sliced tomatoes.
I love mashed and gravy (pork gravy is my fav) with peas or spinach. I sometimes have that for a meal on it's own.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
We're gonna do blue cheese and spinach stuffed chicken wraps

Just got back from the farmers market. The veggies are starting to to grow in northern Wisconsin. Two small bags of beef garlic sticks lasts me a week. Also, a big chunk of totally grass fed sirloin to go with the mushrooms tomorrow or Monday.

Attachments

• SDC13095.jpg
    SDC13095.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 116

Carolina Cooking

Its going to be 104` for the next few days. Then it will cool off to a balmy 95`..:sad:

I am staying in......My 75` cool house.

I am making that big juicy burger I didn't make the other night.

Plus my DD wanted me to make some of my Killer Mac Salad. It makes 8cups. I don't want to be eating it for 4 days. Altho I could its sooooooooo good.

FooD

Another cool 70° weekend here so I'm grilling some hot chicken wings this evening for everyone.

Deelady

Nice score Buzz!

Not planning on cooking much today, I think I'll save it for tomorrow's Father's Day....have a few goodies possibly up my sleeve. ;)

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I have 14 people coming for a Swedish Smorgasbord.

I recently joined a gourmet dinner group in town, and we get together for dinner based on a pre-selected theme. This month's theme is Sweden, and I'm the host. I'm making Swedish meatballs with cream gravy and lingonberry jam. Others are bringing the rest.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Here come the thunderstorms! Finished cooking dinner just in time!

Attachments

• dinner06182011.jpg
    dinner06182011.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 121

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Planning on that fat burger and mac salad ..... finally!

OH YUMMY!!

I have 14 people coming for a Swedish Smorgasbord.

I recently joined a gourmet dinner group in town, and we get together for dinner based on a pre-selected theme. This month's theme is Sweden, and I'm the host. I'm making Swedish meatballs with cream gravy and lingonberry jam. Others are bringing the rest.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Sounds fantastic and I can't wait to see the pictures SS!! Have a fun time. You should do an Around the world to Sweden.

:wow:OH MAMA that looks good!

Nancy-MD

Everyone's dinners sound so very good! Swedish meatballs, hamburgers, chicken wings and taco salad - yum all of it!

Delicious, Mama!

I sure didn't feel like cooking today so I threw some hot dogs into some Beanie Weenies and made us a salad. Din din.

Attachments

• double dog beanie weenies 003.jpg
    double dog beanie weenies 003.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 152

Embryodad

Ya wanna know what poor old Jimminootze had for supper?

Bread from Anthony & Sons Bakery..with butter.... Italian sesame seeded bread, and also some slices of challa Bread that they bake there. I did throw some cheese in between for flavor.

Mommy did a bread run today while visiting her friend!

I'm not complainin..but see what happens when breads are placed on the table.....Ha Ha Ha Ha .....

I fried potatoes and onions with chopped ham slices with lots of black pepper for tomorrows breakfast of "Alices Eggs" filled with Jimminootzes ham / onion / tater filling topped with cheese.Lots of hot sauce to compliment the egg dish. Oooooo! I can't wait!

And tomorrow we are going to DS's for a Father's day BBQ... Early though...like a late lunch thing. That's ok, cuz I will be ready.

Geeze, I wonder if DIL is gonna cook on the grill..:weber:
If I know her...she will have the London broil and Hot dogs all done and in the heaters... Sliced and just ready to serve. She's a great preparer kid. Cooks good too. the basics like chicken and beef amd roasts and taters etc. If my son eats it...Mr Fuss @$$...it has to be cooked good. LOL

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Oooh Mama!
Nice as usual!
Nancy, your dinners always have something very special about them, yummy!

Well, there was no cooking tonight, but I DID meet a friend at what is becoming our favourite place, Cabo LOL
This time I had the Queso Blanco/GarlickyShrimp/Rice served with lettuce tomato and guacamole and 3 flour tortillas.... aka Elisia's Special.
I was Stuffed!
This is the 5th time I have eaten there and it is superb!

/rant on
Wanted to slug this guy at the next table over.
From what I gathered, he was treating the family of 4 he'd come in with.
He was talking about what a fab place it is (true) and how he was an experienced lover/expert on Mexican food, and had eaten at some of the finest authentic Mexican restaurants across the nation.
While highly recommending the family on what they should order off the menu, I was nearly choking as he went down the list of specials, one by one, pronouncing just about everything on the menu wrong and using his hands in sweeping gestures to describe what that particular menu item tasted like.
Gawd!
I was so glad when the waitress showed up so he'd shut up, but then when he started ordering for them off the menu, that's when it really got fun.. listening to the waitress (Sophie) repeat what he'd say (correctly) with a twinkle in her eye lol

click! rant off/:yum:

Sorry Peeps, I will get to that burger and mac salad.. eventually lol

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh gosh, Buzz, your haul at the farmers' market looks SO good. Rhubarb! Those mushrooms!

Good looking dinners again tonight - gotta love those beanie weenies, Nancy. And mashed potatoes...oh boy.

Mama- your dinner looks wonderful. Such rich looking gravy and tender beef. Our beef is all grass fed, which is understandably good, but it is not very tender, and sometimes a little stringy, especially for pot roast.

SS - Your dinner club sounds like fun. Hope you take pictures of everything and share them with us.

I blackened some salmon in my CI skillet, seasoned with creole seasoning and cooked in a mix of butter and avocado oil. That stuff on the lettuce is a mix of cottage cheese, chopped cucumbers, diced grape tomatoes, and sliced green onions. Very tasty. In the overexposed bowl is some tartar sauce made with diced sweet pickles, mayo, sour cream and dill.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 74

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oops, I just went back and looked again...that's cottage cheese with the beanie weenies, isn't it? I just hallucinate mashed potatoes - don't mind me....

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, Sass - your dinner sounds terrific...I share your distaste for "know-it-alls." It is especially fun to listen to them down here, trying to impress their dinner guests with their encyclopedic knowledge of Mexican food, and usually ending up to be all wrong....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, Sass - your dinner sounds terrific...I share your distaste for "know-it-alls." It is especially fun to listen to them down here, trying to impress their dinner guests with their encyclopedic knowledge of Mexican food, and usually ending up to be all wrong....
I think this fella must have been visiting the bar area at Cabo prior to his guests arriving.
Myself and Justine were already seated and eating our complimentary tortilla chips and their lovely salsa (both homemade by the way) waiting for our food when know-it-all and his people walked through to be seated.
The place was packed and a ball game was playing on the large screen telly.
He looked around and said something about how nice it was to see so many happy faces in the place, but all through dinner you could hear his yap going above all else.
The young daughter of the couple he came in with was looking at the menu and asked about sopapillas.
He said they are like a burrito with chicken in them.
The wife of the man with them corrected him on that one, and I almost slid under the table.:yum:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everyone's dinners sound so very good! Swedish meatballs, hamburgers, chicken wings and taco salad - yum all of it!

Delicious, Mama!

I sure didn't feel like cooking today so I threw some hot dogs into some Beanie Weenies and made us a salad. Din din.

Oh gosh, Buzz, your haul at the farmers' market looks SO good. Rhubarb! Those mushrooms!

Good looking dinners again tonight - gotta love those beanie weenies, Nancy. And mashed potatoes...oh boy.

Mama- your dinner looks wonderful. Such rich looking gravy and tender beef. Our beef is all grass fed, which is understandably good, but it is not very tender, and sometimes a little stringy, especially for pot roast.

SS - Your dinner club sounds like fun. Hope you take pictures of everything and share them with us.

I blackened some salmon in my CI skillet, seasoned with creole seasoning and cooked in a mix of butter and avocado oil. That stuff on the lettuce is a mix of cottage cheese, chopped cucumbers, diced grape tomatoes, and sliced green onions. Very tasty. In the overexposed bowl is some tartar sauce made with diced sweet pickles, mayo, sour cream and dill.
FANTASTIC meals ladies!!

Everyones meals sounds yummy.

I love a nice piece of sesame Italian bread with butter or dipped in tomato salad juice!! OH darn now I want garlic bread. Shame on you Jimmy!! LOL BTW I made fried potatoes and onions for breakfast aslo. They just go so well together. I had mushrooms but decided to just go with taters and onions on the side. I was originally going to added the eggs to the taters but changed my mind.

So Sass dinner and a comedy show? LOL Glad the food was good.