Saturday, 6/11/2011, Whats on the table?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Hopefully if all goes well it should be beef fajitas.

Any plans?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I am taking a tuna salad croissant and some yogurt with me to feast on this evening.
Monday cannot come soon enough!

Mmmm Peeps, can't wait to see your fajitas!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I am taking a tuna salad croissant and some yogurt with me to feast on this evening.
Monday cannot come soon enough!

Mmmm Peeps, can't wait to see your fajitas!
LOL I never made fajitas before. It may be something easier. (details asap in Good day thread).

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
oh, my friend's talking me into me into cooking again, & i've a fridge-full of stuffz, so we'll see- i may aim 4 a veggies nite; so much 4 that so-called 'cold front' HAHA....... as i figured~

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
247048_1742541092216_1499378782_1422937_6285932_n.jpg

Carolina Cooking

IMG_0149.jpg

stuffed peppers. this is very good recipe, I will be making it again. :thumb::thumb:

I usally have lots of red gravy the oven baked classic stuffed peppers . (not the green ones) I make mashed tators as a side.

I will make some in a day or 2.lol. I just ate them as is. So good. :smile:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Okay.....this is what's planned and this is what has happened so far.

First course is lobster ravioli with a lemon butter sauce.
Second course is stuffed pork chops with sauteed peas and baby carrots.
Dessert is the last two slices of choclate peanut butter cake from the restaurant.

That's the plan.

This is what happened.....

Yesterday evening a beautiful young male cat was hanging out in the yard. He has a collar with a name tag, phone number and rabies identifier. We assumed he belonged to the new tenant downstairs. This evening, he's still outside, crying his beautiful eyes out. I went outside with a bowl of water and some dry cat food. He ate the food like he's not eaten in days. I came back inside to pace in the kitchen and fret. He started crying again. I went back outside to try to read the collar. Wrote down the phone number, came up and called it. It's a wisconsin number that has been disconnected, yet the rabies tag is from New Orleans. Go back outside to discuss the situation with JuJuby (his name,apparently) He makes goo goo eyes at me again. I have a brief chat with Lou who picks up Maxi and goes into the parlour. JuJuby comes into the kitchen because, well, he's in my arms. :whistle: I put him down and he makes a bee line for Max's dish. She jumps out of Lou's arms and proceeds to hiss at the stranger who's chowing down some more....until she gets close. Then he pees like he's scared and she suddenly has a pair of balls... Clearly, I'm handling the whole situation poorly. Now, JuJuby is in the guest room with a can of food all for himself, a bowl of water, and a makeshift litter pan. He ate the entire can of food an Max is kind of on alert. He's stopped crying and is looking around. If I go into the room, he's chatty and rubby and wants to play. I posted a found cat alert on the SPCA website. I've checked craig's list, Nola.com for lost cat posts...nothing. I've just showered and still want to make dinner.

I need a cocktail first.:applause:

Nancy-MD

That looks so good lifesaver!
IMG_0149.jpg

stuffed peppers. this is very good recipe, I will be making it again. :thumb::thumb:

I usally have lots of red gravy the oven baked classic stuffed peppers . (not the green ones) I make mashed tators as a side.

I will make some in a day or 2.lol. I just ate them as is. So good. :smile:
They look delicious Barb!
Okay.....this is what's planned and this is what has happened so far.

First course is lobster ravioli with a lemon butter sauce.
Second course is stuffed pork chops with sauteed peas and baby carrots.
Dessert is the last two slices of choclate peanut butter cake from the restaurant.

That's the plan.

This is what happened.....

Yesterday evening a beautiful young male cat was hanging out in the yard. He has a collar with a name tag, phone number and rabies identifier. We assumed he belonged to the new tenant downstairs. This evening, he's still outside, crying his beautiful eyes out. I went outside with a bowl of water and some dry cat food. He ate the food like he's not eaten in days. I came back inside to pace in the kitchen and fret. He started crying again. I went back outside to try to read the collar. Wrote down the phone number, came up and called it. It's a wisconsin number that has been disconnected, yet the rabies tag is from New Orleans. Go back outside to discuss the situation with JuJuby (his name,apparently) He makes goo goo eyes at me again. I have a brief chat with Lou who picks up Maxi and goes into the parlour. JuJuby comes into the kitchen because, well, he's in my arms. :whistle: I put him down and he makes a bee line for Max's dish. She jumps out of Lou's arms and proceeds to hiss at the stranger who's chowing down some more....until she gets close. Then he pees like he's scared and she suddenly has a pair of balls... Clearly, I'm handling the whole situation poorly. Now, JuJuby is in the guest room with a can of food all for himself, a bowl of water, and a makeshift litter pan. He ate the entire can of food an Max is kind of on alert. He's stopped crying and is looking around. If I go into the room, he's chatty and rubby and wants to play. I posted a found cat alert on the SPCA website. I've checked craig's list, Nola.com for lost cat posts...nothing. I've just showered and still want to make dinner.

I need a cocktail first.:applause:
Bless you heart Vera. Poor JuJuby was starving to death for food and for attention. Maxi will have her fur in a wad for awhile if you decide to foster JuJuby until you can find his people, but if enough time goes by, she will come around.

Now have that cocktail and get on with your delicious sounding dinner!

Carolina Cooking

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Norm :clap: that black bread. :ohmy:. I would love that sandwich.

Nancy your salad is awesome :eat1::thumb:

love them both.. your plates are so clean too .

I went back in the LR & Maggie pupper licked the stuffed pepper plate I left on the coffee table clean :brows::brows:

mhend

Looks beautiful everyone. We are going to do take-out of some sort tonight. We've been at the pool most of the day, so we're going to make it simple. :)

It's 4:30, & I never got out of my jammies. I have lobster/shrimp ravioli (buitoni), but it's been in the fridge for a few days. Not sure if it's still good. I wanted to make an alfredo tomato sauce I found. Guess I could serve it over my cheese-filled ravioli. Or... go w/ Japanese order in.

Great dinners everyone.

Embryodad

Everyone's plate of food looks great.....

In my case...it's not "What's on the Table"...but rather.."Whats in the yard outside..in the animal feeding pit!?

Ha Ha ...Mommy didn't like the meatloaf...She said the glaze was too sweet.
I did forget to add the mustard to the glaze, and that is why.... I thought it was good, but I wasn't going to save it and have it grow into FuZZLoaf in the reefer.

The mashed taters were good, and she will eat them anytime.

There is not one thing to eat sweet in this house. With Tinababy still not up to baking....( and she's the house baker) ..I will give a cheesecake a shot later when she goes to sleep. I hope we have Gray-Ham cracker crumbs!!

We have three sour creams...but I will have to scrounge up three cream cheese packs.. I guess it's off to the downstairs refer to see. (X) (X) (x) (x) Toes and fingers crossed....

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beautiful dinners everyone!!

Here is my attempt at beef fajitas:

Flank steak (was redder than it looks in pic)
Fried green and red peppers and onions
Pico de gallo
Guacamole
Shredded cheddar
Lettuce
Sour cream
Lime wedges (not pictured)
Corn tortillas

Attachments

• 061111_beef_fajitas_1.jpg
    061111_beef_fajitas_1.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 061111_beef_fajitas_2.jpg
    061111_beef_fajitas_2.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 119

Nancy-MD

Everyone's meals sounds and looks great. I made Rueben sandwiches

DSCF3070.jpg
Didn't see your pic when I last posted Norm. Oh yum, I bet that tasted so delicious. It looks amazing!

Pico de gallo
Guacamole
Shredded cheddar
Lettuce
Sour cream
Corn tortillas
Looks delicious Peep. Yummy!

LOL at your pup licking your plate clean Barb. Turn your back for one minute.....

Everyone's dinner is sounding very good!

Embryodad

Pico de gallo
Guacamole
Shredded cheddar
Lettuce
Sour cream
Corn tortillas
peep...there you go again...doing wonders with flank steak..
It looks mouth watering...drip....drip....drip......drip.... (lip drip that is).

K

Kimchee

Vera, just let the cats do what they are gonna do. They will come to an agreement in their own cat way. Hope it isn't ugly, LOL! Kudos for befriending JuJuby!

I had your lobster ravioli!
Costco's "Taste This" program has now prompted us to buy our 4th item because we
liked it: lobster ravioli. Granted, it's probably way down there on the goodness scale,
but we are ignorant fools who don't have a taste index for GOOD lobster ravioli, LOL!

Thick cut some big mushrooms, sauteed them with some roasted sweet red peppers,
garlic, butter and herbs. Added the ravioli, some fresh basil, olive oil and Parmesan
cheese. Wasn't bad at all.... for us ignorant of good Italian food fools, LOL! ;) ;)
It was picture worthy, but camera wasn't handy, like usual.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
LS, over easy eggs on a pancake? WOW.. love it. :D
I bet the yolk was a nice stand in for syrup!

OHhhhhhhhhhh CC, those stuffed peppers!! Yay!! LOL yummy!

Vera, never mind your dinner this eve.. looks like you have a new cat? LOL

Norm, gorgeous reuben sannies, tater salad looks good too.

I love your taco salad Nancy. Very nice!

OH MY LORD Peeps, for someone who has never made fajitas before..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WANT! hahaha... superb, I'd love a nice big fat one right now.

Jimmy.. what's with the medusa avatar??
Yikes! LMAO

Embryodad

LS, over easy eggs on a pancake? WOW.. love it. :D
I bet the yolk was a nice stand in for syrup!

OHhhhhhhhhhh CC, those stuffed peppers!! Yay!! LOL yummy!

Vera, never mind your dinner this eve.. looks like you have a new cat? LOL

Norm, gorgeous reuben sannies, tater salad looks good too.

I love your taco salad Nancy. Very nice!

OH MY LORD Peeps, for someone who has never made fajitas before..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WANT! hahaha... superb, I'd love a nice big fat one right now.

Jimmy.. what's with the medusa avatar??
Yikes! LMAO

"Don't look at her in the eyes...or you will "Turn To Stone"... LOL
When DD was born in "78" ...a few years later..her favorite songs were from E.L.O. (the group Electric Light Orchestra), and one of the songs in the album was the song,"Turn To Stone"....
OMG it was so funny. My daughter was a little PITA and never would fall asleep.
well, Dear Dad rigged up the old 8 track player near her crib, and she would listen to ELO over and over and over again for hours till she fell asleep. She wore out 5 (five ) .. 8Track of ELO all the same album.. when I had her on my knee trying to get her tired, I would play the song "Turn To Stone" and I would bounce her @$$ up and down in beat to the music. Well....that was a mistake, because she would scream,"Daddy"...Rockme stone DaaaDeee!!!"

Holy Jumboli...when I was in the bathroom undressed to take a shower...I looked at my right leg, and from the bouncing excersise it looked like Arnold Shwartzenegers Leg..all muscles and veins and huge...and there was the left leg....It looked like a leg of lamb, compared to the right leg which looked like a leg from CrowMagnon Man 24,000 years B/C...Ha Ha Ha Ha ...

If I were to kick an elephant with that leg, I'm sure it would have fallen down. LOL.....

I'm sort of facinated with Mythology Too! ...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you everyone. It was good for a first run. Next time I will season the meat and let sit a bit longer. I cooked the steak in my large cast iron pan then did the peppers in the same pan. Next time I will grill the steak either outside or on my stove top grill pan. And maybe heat my smaller cast iron pan really hot and serve in the pan like at On the Border Restaurant. LOL