6 T. flour
3 cups warm milk
1/2 cup cooked, chopped bacon
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup jalapeno
1/2 medium onion
5 cloves garlic
salt

Make roux. Add milk, then bacon and cheese.

In blender mix jalapeno, onion and garlic. Add to soup 1 T. at a time.
Stir on low to continue thickening. If too thick add more milk.

Save some of the crumbled bacon to garnish on top of bowl.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 272
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 275
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 262

chowhound

Beautiful. I would love to walk around outside (on a day like today) with a big mug of this in my hand.

GotGarlic

Hey, HC. Could I make a recipe-writing suggestion? New cooks will probably not know what a roux is or how to make one, so a bit more explanation might be helpful.

Also, I love the flavors in this recipe, but I think I would tweak it a bit next time I make it. This is my personal taste, but I don't really like the raw flavors of onion, garlic and jalapeno, so next time, I will saute them in the butter before adding the flour, etc., to soften up the flavors a bit.

Thanks for the recipe :smile:

homecook

Hey, HC. Could I make a recipe-writing suggestion? New cooks will probably not know what a roux is or how to make one, so a bit more explanation might be helpful.

Also, I love the flavors in this recipe, but I think I would tweak it a bit next time I make it. This is my personal taste, but I don't really like the raw flavors of onion, garlic and jalapeno, so next time, I will saute them in the butter before adding the flour, etc., to soften up the flavors a bit.

Thanks for the recipe :smile:

You're right about the roux, I should have explained that.

Yes, it is a matter of personal taste...........I appreciate your opinion. I hope you do try it again.