Peach Smoked Jerk Ribs

GrillinFool

I had a craving recently for jerk seasoning. In before someone comments that this is an appropriate seasoning for me!?!?! Well, it is, but not because of the name. The seasoning is just incredible. The combinations of the sweets, the smells and what can be tonsil searing spice is just amazing. Of course you don't have to make it as hot as I do, but the stuff can be potent if that's your thing.

This was the first time I used Peach wood and it may be my favorite wood now. A little stronger flavor than Apple but not quite as much as cherry and has almost as good a smoke ring as cherry.

Step by step and pic by pic instructions on how to do these from start to finish is right here.

I go into what exactly jerk seasoning is and how it got its name as well.

And of course the obligatory mouth watering pics:

71.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

phreak

MMMM...that looks great, I love me some jerk! I think I'll do a shoulder for fathers day, jerk style. Thank you for the inspiration.

Have you tried tossing some allspice in the smoker with your wood??? Works pretty good since pimento wood is nearly impossible to find.

Last edited:

GrillinFool

MMMM...that looks great, I love me some jerk! I think I'll do a shoulder for fathers day, jerk style. Thank you for the inspiration.

Have you tried tossing some allspice in the smoker with your wood??? Works pretty good since pimento wood is nearly impossible to find.

No, I have not but I will. Can you get allspice whole? Sort of like nutmeg or cinnamon sticks?

phreak

Yep, allspice berries...they should be at most grocery stores even. I kind of do a modified minion technique for my coals so I just toss a few throughout the coal so as it burns you get a couple berries to smoke throughout the smoke...

GrillinFool

Yep, allspice berries...they should be at most grocery stores even. I kind of do a modified minion technique for my coals so I just toss a few throughout the coal so as it burns you get a couple berries to smoke throughout the smoke...

That's awesome!! I have to remember that. And add it to my list of stuff you can smoke with!!

Something else to consider along those lines that can be smoked but is not wood. Chunks of onion and garlic cloves. I call it the White Castle Effect. For those of you who do not have the pleasure of having these disgustingly good slider joints around lemme splain. They take these littel square patties of "beef" and they fry/steam them over a bed of onions so the onion flavor is absolutely infused into every delicious cell of "meat."

Same thing on the grill, sort of. Just drop onion or garlic cloves into the fire. They have natural juices in them so they will smoke for a while. No need to soak them or anything. It's heavenly on pork...

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Looks wonderful GF! I'm definitely trying this next time I do some dino ribs. Awesome!

Love2"Q"

looks good ..

on a side note .. rosemary smokes really well ...
i soak it in water then add to what i am smoking
whenever i spray or check the meat ...
wonderful aroma ...

GrillinFool

looks good ..

on a side note .. rosemary smokes really well ...
i soak it in water then add to what i am smoking
whenever i spray or check the meat ...
wonderful aroma ...

I;ve heard that and LOVE rosemary but never tried it myself. I plan on doing so soon.