OMG, a beer I like

waybomb

Not much of a beer drinker here. If I drink beer, it is lite type beer. Or Corona with lime and salt. Or Red Stripe.

Sam Adams Double Bock. Holy Toledo is it great beer! Not anything like the normal beers I drink! :thumb:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
new castle brown ale only if it is on tap

sunset wheat or honey weiss only if on tap

and some canadian beers again only if on tap..lol

IamSam

new castle brown ale only if it is on tap

sunset wheat or honey weiss only if on tap

and some canadian beers again only if on tap..lol

Agreed!

Fuller's London Porter (but only if you have an extra notch to loosen your belt) It's heavy.

Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter -- a tad lighter but still a full bodied brew.

Negra Modelo -- a wonderful vienna lager BUT DON'T FRUIT THE BEER! It can hold its own. Trust me.

Pilsner Urquell. The original one. American pilsners just don't compete.

And if ya like lambics, when let me tell ya ....:tiphat:

IamSam

I've been to BRU 150+ times. Let's talk lambic. :alc:

Awshum!

First, the Sam Adam's Cranberry Lambic is crap. It tastes like they poured Ocean Spray concentrate into a beer. Yuck.

Lindemann's Framboise and Pomme flavours are pretty gosh dern good, but there's a Dutch brand that I can't remember. Their Framboise is outstanding -- not too sweet or thick. Nice and dry and refreshing. Help me out here, Buzz!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Awshum!

First, the Sam Adam's Cranberry Lambic is crap. It tastes like they poured Ocean Spray concentrate into a beer. Yuck.

Lindemann's Framboise and Pomme flavours are pretty gosh dern good, but there's a Dutch brand that I can't remember. Their Framboise is outstanding -- not too sweet or thick. Nice and dry and refreshing. Help me out here, Buzz!

Sam, I love all lambics. My problem is that they're so fruity I'm only good for one and then follow it up with heavy beers like Chimay Blue or sneak over to an Irish pub and grab a pint of Guinness draft, my all time favorite. The Belgian definition of basic lambic is "A non-malted wheat beer naturally fermented by wild, airborne yeasts. A draft beer specific to the Brussels area." That alone makes me salivate. I'm particularily fond of Kriek and Framboise. With many meals they can take the place of wine.

What's a drummy? I'll try it!! :lol:

Those itty bitty chix legs instead of the itty bitty winglets :yum:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I didn't even know there was such a thing as fruity beer. OK, so say someone has gone their entire life without ever drinking a beer. Honestly. (Say it looked like horse piss to her when she was a young kid and thus turned her off on the idea.) Is there a fruity beer that you learned gentlemen might recommend as a first foray into the wonderful world of beer?

IamSam

I'm particularily fond of Kriek and Framboise. With many meals they can take the place of wine.

I wish I could remember the name of this Dutch brand I've had. The framboise really does hit the spot without overpowering like a lot of lambics do. I'm gonna hit the store this week and pick some up. Now my appetite's been piqued. Maybe I'll try the kriek, too (never been much of a cherry fan).

IamSam

I didn't even know there was such a thing as fruity beer. OK, so say someone has gone their entire life without ever drinking a beer. Honestly. (Say it looked like horse piss to her when she was a young kid and thus turned her off on the idea.) Is there a fruity beer that you learned gentlemen might recommend as a first foray into the wonderful world of beer?

Buzz would know better, but I'd recommend Lindeman's Framboise (because I can't remember the name of my other favorite).

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Try a Corona with a Lime wedge stuffed into the bottle. It's very smooth and quite tasty. Doesn't have nearly the "beer taste" of other pale beers. Many woman LOVE Corona with lime and HATE all other beers.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I wish I could remember the name of this Dutch brand I've had. The framboise really does hit the spot without overpowering like a lot of lambics do. I'm gonna hit the store this week and pick some up. Now my appetite's been piqued. Maybe I'll try the kriek, too (never been much of a cherry fan).

Some of the cherries are a bit tart whereas the raspberries tend to be more smooth and mellow. If you find a casis it might be worth a try, although I found the flavoring very deep, too deep. The element of beer was lost.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Try a Corona with a Lime wedge stuffed into the bottle. It's very smooth and quite tasty. Doesn't have nearly the "beer taste" of other pale beers. Many woman LOVE Corona with lime and HATE all other beers.
That's true. All of my women friends drink Corona w/lime but I've never tried it. Thanks, Keltin.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Buzz would know better, but I'd recommend Lindeman's Framboise (because I can't remember the name of my other favorite).

Lindeman's is as good as any and is widely available. Most of the Belgian breweries are small by comparison.

IamSam

Try a good lambic and you'll see why "Corona with lime" just doesn't compete. It's not even close.

homecook

Yuck!! I do drink Corona on occasion (very rare) and I could never stand having a lime in it but if it's going to be your first beer it may be the way to go. Even in Mexico I had to constantly tell them NO lime. I guess I'm a heavy drinker...I can only really drink Bud.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Personally, I'd suggest the Staropramen as a first beer. Very delicate, earthy, a touch of fruit in the aftertaste with a crisp finish.......but I doubt you'll find it.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
LOL! I'm probably safe. I'm such a cheap date - one drink and I'm done for the rest of the evening. I'm assuming beer will probably work the same way. (Won't it?)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
LOL! I'm probably safe. I'm such a cheap date - one drink and I'm done for the rest of the evening. I'm assuming beer will probably work the same way. (Won't it?)

Much less alcohol in most beers. If you can handle a 2 oz mixed, then you're good for 2-3 beers easy. And since you drink them over time, and your body metabolizes 1 oz of alcohol per hour, you can drag it out quite a while.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
since you are in Texas and home to Shiner... if you can find a place that has Shiner Hefeweizen on tap, try that with a slice of orange or lemon..
its ok if you see that the beer is a little cloudy, thats natural...

out of the bottle is ok as well

when you turn the bottle upside down to drink, it has another face present.lol

17686.jpg