Thursday. 08 Mar. 2012..What's On the Table

Embryodad

I guess it will be Re-runs of the Chili from yesterday!

Over macaroni's or noodles for me..

I doubt if DW will even eat chili...

So what creations will be on your table today ??

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is your chili HOT? Sure sounds good to me. I'm here shopping for ideas. :hide: :yum:

Embryodad

Is your chili HOT? Sure sounds good to me. I'm here shopping for ideas. :hide: :yum:
Oh! Yeah!... She's Hot.. ( the Chili that is )..

I added diced Hot Italian Sausage in my batch.
Usually I use ground sausage and beef...but I had a brain ding that said,'"Hey Jimmy.. How about some Heat from sausage chunks!"
I like it!
DW wouldn't. She is a push-around and leave it on the side of the dish kind of eater.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds good. :thumb: I've never tried it with hot italian sausage ...but now that you got me thinking that way I'll have to try it next time we have chili. :thumb:

Still shopping around for tonight. Isn't anyone else eating? :yum: Or is everyone hoping for ideas like me?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Looks like it will be breakfast for dinner - Bacon and corn waffles.

lilylove

Porkloin is thawing. I think I'll slice it in to pieces and pound them out and then bread and fry. Steamed or roasted vegges to go along with it.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Have some chicken thighs marinating in oil, soy, garlic and lemon juice. Maybe grill them and serve with rice and vegies.

GotGarlic

I'm going to make a version of Philly cheesesteak sandwiches with leftover eye round roast and mozzarella cheese.

Embryodad

I'm going to make a version of Philly cheesesteak sandwiches with leftover eye round roast and mozzarella cheese.

OOOoooo... My Jowls are Droolin!!!

Nuttin Like It!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vws16IsnW_g&feature=fvwrel[/ame]

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmmmm Philly Cheesesteak. One of my favs. :thumb:

We are having lasagna, garlic bread and a salad.

Embryodad

Guess the Chili is on hold for Saturday now!

DW threw a pizza together using a Blue Tube Crust; but her own pizza sauce.

It's 64º outside...and 78º in the living room. DW got a chill from the wind blowing in the windows, and lighted the Pellet Stove. ... Phew! help Me breath!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Shrimps marinated in a Kung Pao Sauce-
Candied carrots- Fried Mushrooms- Macaroni Salad

006-4.jpg

Embryodad

Shrimps marinated in a Kung Pao Sauce-
Candied carrots- Fried Mushrooms- Macaroni Salad

006-4.jpg
So far... You're the winner with my taste buds today!

Wow!... wait till DW sees the mushrooms and the mac salad.. Her favorite.
She's blah blah blahing on the phone with my cousin.

AllenOK

I wanna go to Lucky's for dinner!

PeppA has a lasagne going in the oven. She also has salad fixings. No garlic bread :(

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Everything looks wonderful!!

I didn't sleep well last night so I decided to take a nap and slept through lunch to wake just in time to pick DD up. SO lunch/dinner wound up being KFC. I picked up the family meal on the way home.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
one girl is hungry. blake's not. bring me dinner~ plz. jokimg. nah, we shall dig thru the fridge an at.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We ended up having "shake and bake" style pork loin chops with mashed potatoes, gravy and broccoli.

I had thawed out a package of what I thought was boneless skinless chicken breasts, but turned out to be thin-sliced chicken cutlets. Thus, my original plan for Crockpot Chicken with Noodles turned into sauteed chicken cutlets with mushroom-wine sauce - lol! Served with mashed potatoes & a big green salad.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I can identify with that ! Happened more than once !
instead of "a" dinner plans become :WitchBrewsSmiley:

AllenOK

Breezy, that's what I've always called, "Grab-bag cooking". You get something, not totally sure what it is/was, and have to plan out a meal, often on-the-fly. I've done that, at home and work, for years.

Case in point: two days ago. I was prepping the entrees for Friday night. I had to do a "beef roulade". Normally, when that one is on the menu, they stuff it with cornbread stuffing. However, I already had a stuffed pork loin with bread stuffing prepped up for that same meal. One of the Sous's and the Exec. Chef were trying to figure out what to do, and I mentioned, "Why not a Florentine-style stuffing?"

Needless to say, they told me to run with it. It was cooked and served last night. One of the cooks that tasted it said it tasted good. I'll have to wait until Monday for the official word.

I was just thankful that I'd picked up a package of fresh mushrooms that were on sale the day before, because I'd already made "Chicken Piccata" last week & didn't want to have to repeat that for lack of other ingredients.