BOO!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Re: Hello - I'm pretty new here and computer stupid!

Can he set up a free gmail or hotmail account?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

PM me with the user name he wants to use, password and birth date (month day and year and I'll fix him up.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

i concur! would luv to see yinz here!

Hi, Doc - When I PM'd you just now I forgot to include Ian's DOB - it's June 8, 1982. We're both June babies just about a year apart.

Fallon

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Kewl, okay got that. I just replied to your PM. :D

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Re: New East Texas Guy.

There are a couple of us retirees here, CK, and we're glad to have you here. :)

Ian M.

I'm a newbie here

Hello All - I'm Ian and I'm the lucky guy married to Fallon of Fallon's Favorites fame. We kind of work as a team in a way. I'm a graduate of cooking school and she's a lawyer so if I accidently poison someone and they decide to sue - well, I've got the situation covered. Seriously, we both love cooking and do a lot of cooking together. I'm an intern at a resort hotel here in New Hampshire and as soon as that's over and I can begin to work independently and pull a living wage I hope to branch out and begin to be more individualistic in my craft. In the meantime, both Fallon and I try out new ideas on ourselves and each other where culinary things go and it often makes for a fun meal at our house. You're all welcome to come on over and have dinner with us if you can ever catch us at home. Tonight I'm kind of beat but I hope that tomorrow I'll be able to post a recipe or two here. Until then.......

Good eating,

Ian M.

Re: I'm a newbie here

Hi..I'll just tag onto the end of my husband's post with a question I keep forgetting to ask. I constantly log on and then forget to log out when I finish my post. Does this mess up the system in any way or cause a problem? Unfortunately, my forgetter works a heck of a lot better than my rememberer does.

Thanks for anyone's help with this question. :huh:

Fallon

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter

Hi Ian. Welcome. :)

Hi..I'll just tag onto the end of my husband's post with a question I keep forgetting to ask. I constantly log on and then forget to log out when I finish my post. Does this mess up the system in any way or cause a problem? Unfortunately, my forgetter works a heck of a lot better than my rememberer does.

Thanks for anyone's help with this question. :huh:

Fallon

Not logging off causes no problems.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

I never log out.

Welcome to the neighborhood Ian M.! Congratulations on getting your degree! We have some cooking games we play from time to time that y'all might like.

We're sure are glad that the 3 of you decided to join us...if you know of any more folks out there looking for a friendly cooking forum to call home, send them over!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
A few of us chili heads, a few bbq'rs and a few who live in TX.

A big welcome.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Ian, we are THRILLED to have you and Fallon join us!!

Hope you can share lots of stuff you have learned and other stuff you are experimenting with!

Lee

Ian M.

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. We're both glad to be here with you to share cooking ideas and recipes and just the love of cooking and eating. I've been around tons of food all day and tonight just the idea of eating is too much but by morning I'll be starving again and will look on the forum for some good breakfast ideas.

Out of curiosity, Lee, are you by any chance a Red Sox fan? So am I, avid. My wife is so much so that she gets excited and beats on people sitting close to her when she's watching a game on the tube. Cost's way too much to go to Fenway but I sure wish we could. Can we take the pennant this year? We gotta.

Ian M.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hi Ian,
GREAT to see you on here. I am so glad you and Fallon found us. :clap: :clap: :clap:

What is your specialty or favorite items to cook? Do you hope to open a restaurant of your own one day?

Fallon, I never log out. No need for anyone to log out. The forum is set to time you out after 60 minutes of inactivity. Timed out is not the same as logged out. When you come back you shouldn't have to log back in if you clicked the 'remember me' button (beside the login / password boxes). You are not stressing the system in any way, so don't give it another thought.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Ian, yes, I'm a Sox fan!

And, yes, seeing the game at Fenway is expensive, but you can get standing room tickets for $30. However, it sounds as if Fallon has issues with her back, so that option may be out.

Hope she's better soon!

Lee

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Welcome Ian. Be sure to post some pictures along with your recipes. We LOVE food pics.

FWIW, I checked my Sopressata sausage that has been hanging in the garage attic, and it's now ready to be vacuum sealed and put in the freezer. I'm looking for a recipe and technique to store it in olive oil as well.

Sopressata021712.jpg

Ian M.

Boy, oh boy! It's really snowing hard outside and all the ski bunnies are coming in to the hotel by the drove! If it weren't for the fact that I have today off to take my wife to the hospital I wouldn't be able to think straight, let alone post here today. Real snow, as opposed to that fake stuff that gets blown out on the trails down the mountain brings out the best of skiers and snowboarders and they're all so hungry when they come back in. We feed them up proper and send them back out into the snow.
This is the kind of snow that makes wonderful maple snow candy! Pour hot sap onto a clean pan of fresh, clean snow and the result is so good you wouldn't believe! Anyone from up East in Maine knows all about that yummy stuff. We do it in New Hampshire and Vermont, too. One of my earliest childhood memories. I'm going to get busy here, after I check on how Fallon's feeling from her steroid shot this morning and I'll post a couple of good recipes, including what I made for breakfast. She didn't eat any of it because she fell deeply asleep (the doctor said she would and the quiet this afternoon is deafening!) but I plan a good dinner in bed for her in a bit. Incidently, thanks all for your messages of support for her and her cranky back.

Ian M. :blob_blue:

Ian M.

Hey, Doc....Sorry to be so late in answering your questions about what my specialties and goals are. I kind of got tied up with taking care of my little patient and didn't find your post until just a few minutes ago. She's up and running (very slowly, for the moment) right now so I've got a couple of minutes.

In answer to your questions, the area of cooking that's my very favorite is baking - cakes, pies, desserts and pastries of any kind. Also Candy confections but I'm not really very good at those. My goal after I'm out of the hotel is to open up a bakery and specialize in things like cakes, specialty breads and all things ooey, gooey and fattening. Love it! Fallon would love to see us go in together on opening up a bookstore/cafe type place with a resident cat. So we'll compromise.....it's probably going to be a storefront bakery and she can be my first mate and be in charge of French Pastries and Italian delicasies - all things she's really good at. And, too, she'll be in charge of any and all employees once we're up and running and she'll have full yelling rights! She'll love that, too. Probably the storefront will also include a small law office for the first mate baker and bottle washer, as well. Really keep the workers on their toes, huh?

Thanks for asking....hopefully we'll be able to turn dreams into realities sometime in the next two years. That's our common goal, anyway. How about some really good, sweet croissants, anyone? Stuffed with cream cheese filling and chocolate or cherries or strawberries? Or how about some linzer tarts or a double dutch chocolate fondu dip? Are we all getting fatter yet? :fridge:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

I vacuum packed all the Sopressata and here are a few slices for snacks while I worked.

Sopressata030112Sliced.jpg

A) Joe, you need to post these sopressetta pics in a thread of their own

and

B) Would you marry me?

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Ian, I am thrilled that you and Fallon love to make sweet stuff - we need more members who are good at that!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Welcome Ian :wave:

Ahhhh, the "resident cat," I love to browse in the gift shops that have resident cats. They just give that homey vibe.

Ian M.

Welcome Ian :wave:

Ahhhh, the "resident cat," I love to browse in the gift shops that have resident cats. They just give that homey vibe.

Our dog doesn't approve much of Fallon's cat so the "homey touch" is often open warfare around here but I've seen cats in bookstores many times and it always makes you just want to sit down and curl up with a good book, a cuppa and a cat on your lap. Just how does one get two divergent species to assimilate peacefully, anyway? Part of the problem is the fact that the cat is "armed" and the dog only has teeth and we sort of discourage him from eating the cat..............we're both pretty firmly opposed to declawing so we'll just have to referee, I guess. :wave: