1 Tablespoons salt
2 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons crushed ice
2 cups water for boiling
2 cups cold water
Wooden Skewers
Oil for Deep Frying

Preparation

Combine the pork with the white pepper, salt, flour and garlic and blend in a food processor.
Add the crushed ice and blend it again for 3 minutes until well mixed. The ice will melt during cooking and make the mix spongy, you want small crystals of ice mixed throughout the pork mix.
You will need two spoons for this. Boil water and take spoonfuls of the mixture carefully forming them into a ball using the spoons, and drop into the boiling water to cook for about 2 minutes. Remove and put into the cold water to cool.
Drain on a rack and skewer them onto the wooden sticks. Deep fry the skewered pork balls for 3 minutes until brown.

Serve with sweet or hot chili sauce.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 127

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow!!! Those sound and look awesome!!!! I can't wait to try them.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Interesting technique using the ice, I've never heard of that before. They sure look good.

homecook

Thanks Doc and Cooksie! That's what I found fascinating too but adding the ice somehow puffs them up and makes them nice and moist inside.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
What a fascinating technique! Sounds yummy, and coming from you Barb, you KNOW I'm gonna try it! Thanks! :thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Geez, what's not to like about those delicious-looking things!

Another winner, Barb!

Lee

Guts

interesting technique I understand the boiling water, but I would imagine they have to be fairly dry before you deep fry. Wet balls and hot oil would be just asking for a explosion. kind of a deep-fried pork meatball. I like it!

homecook

Thanks Lee!

Guts, you definitely want to drain them good after boiling before deep frying them. lol I did them individually and then put them on the skewer to serve because they wouldn't fit in my deep fryer on the skewer.....