BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
4 eggroll wraps
cream cheese
green onions
4 slices bacon

fry bacon,saute onions in bacon fat..set aside

fill eggroll..fry couple of minutes each side..let cool(trust me you need to do this, i burned the inside of my lip badly..think blisters..lol)

qnkal1.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
YUMMY!!

BTW Don't forget to post these in the NCT Cooks challenge smoked pig.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Sweet baby Jeebus, how could this be bad?! I think I will ad some jalapeños and call it a day!

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
i was going to do the same but realized when i was making them that i ran out..:bonk:

lo, I have already formulated my tweak on this:

I am going to do half cheddar, half cream cheese. A dash of liquid smoke, jalapenos, and some caramelized onion or maybe a dip of like pureed caramelized onion mixed with a little chunky blue cheese dressing and lots of cracked black pepper.

OH, and for anothe fun/funky texture, how about a won ton wrapper??

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
lo, I have already formulated my tweak on this:

I am going to do half cheddar, half cream cheese. A dash of liquid smoke, jalapenos, and some caramelized onion or maybe a dip of like pureed caramelized onion mixed with a little chunky blue cheese dressing and lots of cracked black pepper.

OH, and for anothe fun/funky texture, how about a won ton wrapper??

won ton wrappers are a touch thicker i believe...depending on the brand and where you buy them..the ones at my local store are the same thickness just smaller/bigger in area.

these ones had a little italian blend cheese in them as well..forgot that as an ingredient...the onions caramelized a bit in the bacon fat i fried them in.

the hickory smoke on the bacon i used took care of the liquid smoke and black pepper is just a grind away in my kitchen

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ummmm mmmm mmmmm Those look so good.
Uncle Ralph's mods sound interesting also. :thumb:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:bump: I have lots of leftover egg roll wrappers. Do you fry them in the bacon drippings?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
no, i fry them in peanut oil(just the oil i deep fry in) but YMMV on the oil you chooose..

i love bacon fat but i believe they would burn too easily before they cooked properly.

in this recipe i also added a little bit of shredded cheese as well as the cream cheese

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have won ton wrappers in the freezer. can I use them and maybe make smaller ones?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
yes you can peeps... wontons and eggroll wrappers are basically the same...only differences are size and thickness.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you. Hopefully they are still good. I am not sure how olng they have been in the freezer. But now I have a craving for these. BUT in the very near future I am hoping to make an asian style wonton.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
they should still be good in the freezer... my mom makes a bunch of crab rangoons and then freezes them

cream cheese crab green onions/scallions or garlic

for pork ones we use ground pork,ginger,white pepper,garlic...these can be deep fried or used in a simple wonton soup or steamed dim sum style

Cooksie

Site Supporter
no, i fry them in peanut oil(just the oil i deep fry in) but YMMV on the oil you chooose..

i love bacon fat but i believe they would burn too easily before they cooked properly.

in this recipe i also added a little bit of shredded cheese as well as the cream cheese

Thanks, I'll be making up some of these in the near future.