Saturday, 1/21/2012...What's cookin?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I'm at my son's place in the Phoenix area. Maybe I'll take 'em all out for dinner tonight....

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Lunch – Salad – Red & green butter lettuce, shredded red cabbage, shaved carrots, sliced mushroom cap, tuna, hard boiled eggs, vine tomato wedges and black olives dressed with flax, canola and EVOO oils, red wine vinegar, sesame seeds, herbs and spices.

012112_salad_P1090331.jpg

Embryodad

Lunch – Salad – Red & green butter lettuce, shredded red cabbage, shaved carrots, sliced mushroom cap, tuna, hard boiled eggs, vine tomato wedges and black olives dressed with flax, canola and EVOO oils, red wine vinegar, sesame seeds, herbs and spices.

Looks good peeps... and and and Bread I would guess??

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i just woke like a half hour ago so i think half a skirt steak. craving it. later for sides.

Last edited:

Embryodad

I'm thinking of making Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches Wit.... Onions and Peppers.

DW gets nice Eye Round sliced thin while partially frozen, and re packaged in 1 Lb. Trays.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Jimmy. Sorry no bread Jimmy. I wish I had some anchovies and pepperoncinis.

i have some anchovies! u can have some of em, peep! mmmmm, i get pepperoncini on my pizza. my Dad would eat them from the jar one after another, whole. the nut.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i have some anchovies! u can have some of em, peep! mmmmm, i get pepperoncini on my pizza. my Dad would eat them from the jar one after another, whole. the nut.
Thanks luvs. I put anchovy paste in the dressing but I like a couple whole filets on top.

I also eat whole pepperoncinis. I like to bite the end off and let the hot vinegar juice drip onto the salad then I hold the stem and pul with my teeth and the whole pepper comes off leaving the stem and seeds intact. YUM I just eat the pepper with some salad no bread.

It is difficult to type with a cat sleeping on the laptop table and mouse pad under your arms.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, I've been rethinking dinner since Peeps posted her salad. I think I'm gonna freeze the chili and make some kind of chicken salads instead :lol:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well, I've been rethinking dinner since Peeps posted her salad. I think I'm gonna freeze the chili and make some kind of chicken salads instead :lol:

Send some chili my way!! I may have to make some more soon. I really LOVE chili dogs the next day! LOL

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I've got to get going with this...it's already 4:21 (although I did just get home;))
First course - eggplant stuffed or layered with sauteed zucchini, feta and topped with my homemade cranberry habanero jam

Rabbit ragu on pappardelle. I was planning on makeing whole wheat pappardelle but really don't have the energy for that.

I bought a tiny carrot cake for dessert.

Sazeracs for the cocktail hour and either a merlot or syrah with dinner.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
goodness, yinz're making me hungry! & man, lol is my time perception not-great. i posted earlier that i'd woken like a half hr before. i woke before 1:00, haha!

i used to remember my Dad complaining the next day when he went to the throne, lol, after all those pepporoncinis! & yes, i deal w/ the kitties on the lap, too, while typing almost nightly. sometimes 2 of them.
ones by my feet on my comforter now.
so, i would like some good comfort food sides w/ the steak. so i think i'll make my fave mashed taters. butter/sage on carrots sounds really good as the veggie. i still have that pittsburgh salad on my mind, tho~ maybe i'll actually have lunch (breakfast, technically) for once.

Leni

I'm going to make chili in the next day or two. Tonight it will be the last of the spaghetti with a Bertolli frozen something along with a tossed green salad. I came across a recipe for a blueberry cake which I plan to try today.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I want skirt steak luvs!!

What's in your dressing Mama (that is dressing in the side bowl right)? Yummy!

Our Dinner - Boneless pork loin roast, nicely seasoned and roasted red, russet & yukon taters, sliced mushroom caps and onions, pan gravy and fresh microwave steamed cauliflower.

012112_pork_loin_roast_P1090338.jpg

Embryodad

I want skirt steak luvs!!

What's in your dressing Mama (that is dressing in the side bowl right)? Yummy!

Our Dinner - Boneless pork loin roast, nicely seasoned and roasted red, russet & yukon taters, sliced mushroom caps and onions, pan gravy and fresh microwave steamed cauliflower.

012112_pork_loin_roast_P1090338.jpg
Good Good Good.... Ummm peep

Done just the way we like it!!....

Now I want cauliflower with black pepper and butter ...

Embryodad

OK...Here is Tina and Jimmy's supper..

Philly Cheese Steak on a toasted lightly, and buttered Thomas' Onion bagel. Added onions and peppers that were carmelized, and a handfull of muenster and mozzarella grated cheese...then broiled to melt into cheese oooze!!...

57d9d54a.jpg

2af29040.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh wow Peepers and Jimmy. Both of those dinners look delicious!

Peepers that's Kraft Tangy Bacon Catalina Dressing. Good stuff! Nice smokey bacon flavor.

Embryodad

Peepers that's Kraft Tangy Bacon Catalina Dressing. Good stuff! Nice smokey bacon flavor.
Thanks Mama.... I'm not thinking of what to make for the next meal...Yet!

I would guess in a hour or so...I'll be defietely thinking food!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OK...Here is Tina and Jimmy's supper..

Philly Cheese Steak on a toasted lightly, and buttered Thomas' Onion bagel. Added onions and peppers that were carmelized, and a handfull of muenster and mozzarella grated cheese...then broiled to melt into cheese oooze!!...

57d9d54a.jpg

2af29040.jpg

Thank you Jimmy and Mama!!

WOWSER Jimmy NICE philly!!

Mama I have never had catalina dressing. Is it sweet or savory?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Simple but good...DW made pork roast with roasted taters & carrots, and made a salad with everything in the cupboard.

Dinner012112.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Simple but good...DW made pork roast with roasted taters & carrots, and made a salad with everything in the cupboard.

Dinner012112.jpg
YUMMY Joe. We almost had the same dinner. BUT I had the salad with the carrots for lunch. LOL

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

Nice peeps!