cat looking.jpg

cat normal.jpg

cat pope.jpg

cat quarantine.jpg

cat stupid.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
"Please be normal...Nope"

That's my two cats. Jax is so much more mature than Max. Max was the runt of the litter, and he can still be a little hellion at times. Every once in a while Jax has to nip Max on the butt and put him in his place just to get him to stop bugging him. Max squeals like a little girl, so Jax goes and grooms him.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Mindy is 6, but has been acting more and more kittinish, trying to knead/nurse again like she used to do to me when she was actually a kiiten, playing "mission impossible " cat, playing more with her toys, laying on her back and shining her belly, and generally bugging the you know what out of her brother. She's also been trying to get the black male pug to play with her, he's iffy about that, sometimes he will and sometimes he won't because I think he thinks she's attacking him the way he acts.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I don't think I can take another kitten stage from both of them. Just one of them getting into everything and wreaking havoc is trying :(.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't think I can take another kitten stage from both of them. Just one of them getting into everything and wreaking havoc is trying :(.

"Trying" is right! As much as I love kittens because they are cute and sweet, I couldn't wait for the kittens I've had to grow to adulthood!

The very best thing about adopting kittens is that you can teach them early what is acceptable and not acceptable behavior, and teach them to expect love and gentle touching from humans.

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
"Trying" is right! As much as I love kittens because they are cute and sweet, I couldn't wait for the kittens I've had to grow to adulthood!

The very best thing about adopting kittens is that you can teach them early what is acceptable and not acceptable behavior, and teach them to expect love and gentle touching from humans.

Lee

Ok, how do I teach Max to stop getting in my bathtub and getting hair all over the sides and bottom? I tried to deter him by leaving about an inch of water in the tub, and he just jumps down in the water anyway and sloshes around like a kid in a water puddle. I had to start leaving the bathroom door closed.

They know I'm a softie and am not going to be mean to them.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ok, how do I teach Max to stop getting in my bathtub and getting hair all over the sides and bottom? I tried to deter him by leaving about an inch of water in the tub, and he just jumps down in the water anyway and sloshes around like a kid in a water puddle. I had to start leaving the bathroom door closed.

They know I'm a softie and am not going to be mean to them.

Well, whenever you CATCH him doing something unacceptable, a loud "NO!" accompanied by a loud hand clap or a spray from a water spritzer is often successful.

But when he does something behind your back, you have to take different measures. Keeping the bathroom door closed is probably the most effective method. There are also sprays like "Pet Away" that you could try spraying on the outside of the tub. I'm skeptical about that. A baby gate, maybe?

Peep and Medtran have cats - maybe they can offer some advice.

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I don't think you can teach a cat anything. If they want to do something they'll either blatantly do it in front of you or wait until you aren't watching them.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Well, whenever you CATCH him doing something unacceptable, a loud "NO!" accompanied by a loud hand clap or a spray from a water spritzer is often successful.

But when he does something behind your back, you have to take different measures. Keeping the bathroom door closed is probably the most effective method. There are also sprays like "Pet Away" that you could try spraying on the outside of the tub. I'm skeptical about that. A baby gate, maybe?

Peep and Medtran have cats - maybe they can offer some advice.

Lee

You must have an older cat. My cats can jump well over 5 feet. I can just see them on the other side of the baby gate...

Max: Yeah, we can clear that gate easily with a couple of feet to spare.
Jax: You get the net ball, and I'll get the loofa.

Both of them can easily jump from the floor to the counter top and then onto the top of the laundry room cabinets, and I have pretty tall ceilings.

I don't think you can teach a cat anything. If they want to do something they'll either blatantly do it in front of you or wait until you aren't watching them.

:yum:
Max is the blatantly and Jax is the wait until you're not watching.

Thanks to both of you.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, my 10 year old cat easily jumps the baby gate that I use to keep my friend's dog out of my kitchen.

I thought you had a baby kitten, Cooksie.

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I believe that! Typically dickian thing for a cat to do.

Lee