Attachments

• YouCanOnlyChooseOe.JPG
    YouCanOnlyChooseOe.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,072

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know who A is, but I'd pick Gordon - he's entertaining as #%@!

Lee

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
At the moment none of the above.

Same here.

I was born and raised in North Central Texas, cattle and oil country. Lot of the outside action and scenery from Pioneer Woman remind me of home. Some of the recipes are good too. Just don’t much care to listen to her.

Don’t much care for Gordon or Rachael either.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't care much for Ramsey but ...I'd pick him to cook a meal. As long as I didn't have to listen to him yack.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
DW wants to do her birthday bash in Las Vegas - so something of Ramsay's is on the horizon. probably not the Hell's Kitchen thing - that's 'for the experience' from what I can gather. we were in London and wanted to go to one of Ramsay's haunts - hard to get in - that was just as the revelation about his "central kitchen" came out so we skipped the effort.

I was researching LV 'celeb restaurants' - the news / reviews are not all that wowie... Emeril and RR took similar paths - early on I enjoyed their shows but then then went all Hollywood and it went from info/edu to 'how garish can I go?'

Emeril Fish House is good tho - from yrs back experience...

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The reason I chose RR is because I was duly impressed by her recipes for both a croque madame and monsieur, which reminds me....

Ree Drummond has good recipes, she taught me the wonders of the crash hot potato as well as cute gun shaped cookies once made for my eldest son whilst he was an LEO, city of Akron.

Ramsay .. smh.. too fussy..
If we're talkin Brit cooks, Oliver and another guy whose name escapes me at the moment would be my pick.. he who gave brilliant advice on jazzing up a humble can of baked beans with butter and ground pepper..

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I've made any number of Ree Drumond's stuff and it turned out quite good.
I was shocked the first time I saw her tv how - her recipes I can do, but I'm unable to get along with the personality....

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I've made any number of Ree Drumond's stuff and it turned out quite good.
I was shocked the first time I saw her tv how - her recipes I can do, but I'm unable to get along with the personality....

Gave her show another try this afternoon for a few minutes. No change in my initial impression.

Last edited:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Anyone remember Nathlie Dupree?

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen one of her shows. I don’t remember now exactly what she says about her procedures but I do remember not liking it.
Something along the lines of don’t do it the way I do, do it the way I say???

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Anyone remember Nathlie Dupree?

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen one of her shows. I don’t remember now exactly what she says about her procedures but I do remember not liking it.
Something along the lines of don’t do it the way I do, do it the way I say???

I remember Natalie. It used to disgust me when she would stick her hands into meat or dough and she never took her giant diamond ring off. All the food would be stuck in and around it and she would just peel it off and mix it in. Made me nauseous.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Lol Peeps.
Lidia Bastianich and her 8 bangles on her left wrist.
Sometimes she gets her hands in there deep with them things hangin'.
Also, she repeats "little bit"..
A lot.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Option "D" - Our own Vera Blue. Top 100 brunch places in the country.

Runner up - Ray Ray.
Dont know much about pioneer woman.
I would not let Rsmsey take out the garbage.
No need for that foul mouth.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I've noticed that GR really only uses the foul language when speaking to professional cooks who should know better or do better than the things they are doing or not doing as the case may be. You really can't blame him in those cases. I'll admit that I tend toward the same language and attitude with people that should know better regardless of what profession they are in. I have no patience for people who apparently don't care or are idiots.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Option "D" - Our own Vera Blue. Top 100 brunch places in the country.

Runner up - Ray Ray.
Dont know much about pioneer woman.
I would not let Rsmsey take out the garbage.
No need for that foul mouth.

I miss Roxanne and hope she and Lou are doing well.
To think a pro chef was actually a member of this forum and went big still never ceases to amaze me.

I doubt Gordon Ramsay was ever that harsh.
Every chef seems to have their act, I believe that was his. Loud mouth swearing and all.
I knew a person from Birmingham when I lived in England who knew him well.
Said he wasn't like that at all.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, this is the most lively discussion thread we've had in ages!

We do love to talk about celebrity chefs, don't we, LOL!

And we manage to express our opinions without getting nasty to each other. Kinda rare on forums!

Doc, can you do another "pick one" with three more celebrity chefs with their photos? Or did you just get that image off the net?

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I got that image off the net. Anyone else who is up on the celeb chefs feel free to start another thread like this. Please.