photobucket reducked . . .

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
Imgur seems to be an oft suggested replacement - been fooling with it . . .

I have one issue - Photobucket and / or in combination with Fori auto-adjusted the picture size to 'fit' - Imgur apparently does not do that.

example: my camera produces originals 4928x3264 pixels.
I can upload the photos 'as is' here and (obviously) it's the Forum software that resizes.

I have/use IrfanView - and frequently do a "save for the web" simply to reduce the file size - knocks it down by a factor of 15-20 with little loss of detail, etc.

however . . . Imgur apparently links out the whole pixel size with the result that a photo stretches way past the screen - onto the neighbor's computer methinks.... Imgur has several "size" options - squares/thumbnails.... a 'Huge" thumbnail seems to be about the right physical size.

((yes I know, and I do, upload photos here direct comma most of the time....))

looks like below - untidy to say the least.
anyone have a handle on an 'optimum' pixel width for stuff to-linked?

here's the 'huge thumbnail' followed by the 'original' size
97nITQzh.jpg

97nITQz.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I use JASC Paint Shop Pro to edit, crop, resize (pixels - 650X552 or I can do inches also) and save to the format I choose (jpeg, png etc.).

I have been hosting on NCT lately after editing and resizing.

I have used Postimage (http://postimages.org/) to host my pictures after editing and resizing. There are several save/host options you can choose (auto resizing etc.). And several options on how to share/link.

postimage_1.JPG

postimage_2.jpg

postimage_3.jpg

postimage_4.jpg

postimage_5.jpg

I hope this helps.

(P.S. I didn't care for Imgur)

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
You can also use Paint program in your PC Accessories list to resize (percentage or pixels). Then host on NCT, PostImage or Imgur.

paint_1.jpg

paint_2.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
thanks Peeps - I'll check out Postimg. I agree tho - Imgur is not real intuitively obvious for the user. I'm not into blogging/Facebook/TwitsInc/ etc so my usage is pretty "canned" - once I get it down, it's down.

here's the same pix uploaded directly here at 4928x3264 pixels. the resize magic works with direct uploads but not links. I do not like to 'rely' on outside sources to do their thing routinely - they change their / syntax / whatever way too often and users get stuck ala Photobucket. I figure if the original uploaded is the right size, tricky for third parties to screw it up.

to-date I've not been black-blessed by Photobucket - but they cannot be trusted anymore.

Attachments

• DSC_5333.jpg
    DSC_5333.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 14