Meet America's Young Aspiring Teen Chefs!

Shermie

Site Supporter
This kid just won the opportunity to have his own cooking show on FodNetwork.com!!

His name is Gibson Borelli. He became the winner of Rachael vs. Guy Kids Cook-off.

Below are pics of him with Guy Fieri, and the steak dinner that made him a winner!! Congrats to you, Gibson!! :piesmiley1::eating2: :wink:

Attachments

• Gibson Borelli.png
    Gibson Borelli.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 283
  • Gibson Borelli working with Guy Fieri..png
    Gibson Borelli working with Guy Fieri..png
    97 KB · Views: 291
  • Gibson Borelli's Steak Dinner..jpg
    Gibson Borelli's Steak Dinner..jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 294

Shermie

Site Supporter
He wants to compete on Chopped someday!! He likes to watch cooking shows on the Food Network!:wow::WitchBrewsSmiley:

Attachments

• Day-Day making a Sunday Dinner..jpg
    Day-Day making a Sunday Dinner..jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 287

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
i watched. i'm un-impressed. they're not adults. they're not in that industrial kitchen realm. wait until reality hits & mommy cannot pave their way, as adults. that school is not a school i would have chosen, either, tho--

Luvs, if you wanna be impressed, find the two series of MasterChef Junior.... kids as young as eight, doing things I'll never be able to duplicate !

Shermie

Site Supporter
Luvs, if you wanna be impressed, find the two series of MasterChef Junior.... kids as young as eight, doing things I'll never be able to duplicate !

To me, any at-risk child who wants to succeed in life, and make something out of their lives for the good or better, then I will not be afraid or ashamed to say that I truly commend them all the way!!

They are all human just like we are, and they all have the sole right to be someone who will be well respected and a true leader for others to follow! :WitchBrewsSmiley: :weber: :blob_blue:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's one of the contestants who is competing in Rachael Ray's Kids' Cookoff featured on the Food Network. The winner of the contest will get his ot her own Food Network website cooking show

He reminds me so much of my dear grandnephew - the one who likes to cook & bake!!

I hope that he wins in the final episode!! :cooking: :wow:

Attachments

• Chris Ekpiken.jpg
    Chris Ekpiken.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 237

Shermie

Site Supporter
He's my pick to win that one, Shermie !

0511-1102-0714-4307_Restaurant_Chef_or_Baker_Holding_a_Trophy_clipart_image.jpg

Yes!

He is very sharp-minded, brilliant & smart!!

When he finds himself in a jam, his razor-sharp quick thinking helps him get out of it! He's fast on his feet and is always thinking ahead.

He puts his own spin on things - kicking his cuisine up to knotches unkown to mankind!! I like the way that he turns something ordinary into something that's beyond extraordinary!! Like what he did with the gumbo, taking it and putting it into soft tortillas and deep frying them.

He is truly a wiz kid and knows how to take a bad situation and turn it into something that's truly out of this world!! :bbq3:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's another pic of him.

His name is Chris Ekpiken.

I wouldn't mind letting him cook for me!! I'd pay him top dollar in a heartbeat!! Hah!! :piesmiley1::eating2:

Attachments

• Chris Ekpiken 2.jpg
    Chris Ekpiken 2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 248

Johnny West

I started cooking as a child going camping with my dad. My son, the chef, attributes his love of cooking from me when I was a stay at home dad and did all the family cooking. He started in Scouts and then through high school did all his own cooking when he was hungry. My boy was athletes and ate a lot, I tell you, just like his father. Matt went to Seattle Art Institute and gave up a half a dozen football scholarships to play Division I football. That's another story. I was heartbroken I didn't get to be a Husky Dad but I've eaten well and he has healthy knees and head and he's doing what he loves.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Sadly, the boy (Chris Ekpiken) pictured above did not win the contest!

But he vowed that he's not giving up and that he will continue with cooking and that he WILL be back!!

Great spirit & attitude for this gutsy bright little guy!! I love his strength, determination & aggressiveness!! :wow: :WitchBrewsSmiley:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
call me a realist-- how many times have adults let tots win & lost on purpose, so as to boost a tot's self-esteem.......

call me a realist. as per usual. a real kitchen has not got pre-plans & ploys & games & stocked shelves. 'real' television isn't real. hours of footage get cut.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Luvs, you are correct about "reality TV" 's being edited, and it not being everything it appears to be.

I acknowledge and accept being manipulated by the producers.

That said, I still have to heartily applaud the knowledge, experience, talent and courage of home cooks, especially the children, on shows such as "Master Chef".

Extremely entertaining TV for this foodie!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Luvs;
It's impossible to NOT let a kid win, when all of the competitors are KIDS !:whistle:

Shermie;
Yeah, like I said, he was my pick to win...... but he seemed to choke when push came to shove........
BTW-
For those interested, Master Chef Junior starts a new round in October..... near the end of the month.:applause:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Luvs;
It's impossible to NOT let a kid win, when all of the competitors are KIDS

TY. they're tots. not adults. they have nary an inclination at that point. most of my fellow classmates were self-chosen pros in various ways in 9th grade-- in sports, & in cooking, in writing, in art, in health 101. then they graduated into real life. most went into psych, parenting, sales, & onto be medical techs. my Parents thought i could make food really well, when i was 7, & i could- for my fellow peers. they would gulp my food when we were 9, or 7, or 16.
then, i met industrial kitchens. & i luv them dearly. i would luv to see a count of how many astronauts, surgeons, fashion designers, professors, & attorneys reside here. most ppl i knew were gonna be one of them!
most of my peers, though, have office jobs & raise kiddos for a living. just sayin'.
as was said, i'm a realist, & thus, take factual info into perspective. i'm not seeing how being a realist is somehow wrong. we have winners. we also have those that change their minds.
& those that live vicariously, as well.

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Well, I truly & very deeply applaud this little boy for giving it his all!! Regardless of what anyone says.

He has lasted all the way through to the finale, and even THAT says an awful lot! His extreme aggressiveness got him all the way to the finale ep. In my heart, he IS a winner for having endured that grueling contest!! When I look at him, I see my grandnephew at work and being aggressive in the kitchen giving it HIS all as well. Look at them both. They even LOOK almost alike!!!!!

Needless to say, I truly wish them both good luck. To see a child want to plan his or her future and the outlook that he or she wants to try to achieve, as long as it is a positive one, I can't help but to wish him or her the best in life!!

It has been said that children are our future. They have to start somewhere - just like we all did as kids. I tip my hat to them!! :tiphat: :cooking: :wow:

Attachments

• Chris Ekpiken..jpg
    Chris Ekpiken..jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 191
  • Day-Day..jpg
    Day-Day..jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Luvs;
It's impossible to NOT let a kid win, when all of the competitors are KIDS !:whistle:

Shermie;
Yeah, like I said, he was my pick to win...... but he seemed to choke when push came to shove........
BTW-
For those interested, Master Chef Junior starts a new round in October..... near the end of the month.:applause:

He got nervous and a little confused. The pressure was on, and he had to "weather the storm" and come up with something that would make the Chopped judges take notice to.

But be that as it may, he made the best of a bad situation & kicked it up a few notches unknown to mankind - as Emeril would say! :bbq3: :readytoeat:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
New Season - Man Vs. Child - First episode last night......... those kids just keep on amazing me ! The eight-year-old is wise beyond her years, but then , all four of them are.........:thumb:

K

Kimchee

Chopped! is also branching out. New series: Chopped Junior starts soon.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
win on. it's not that easy. life is not a television show. as i have said, it is not that easy. plain & simple. give them a restaurant, & let them run that. at 9. then i'll listen--

doogie howser was a pipe dream- a television show.

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
here's another one of my dear sweet grandnephews who likes to help out in the kitchen! I sincerely hope that he keeps it up and becomes a cook or chef someday!! :applause:

Attachments

• Caydin Baker wants to teach you how to cook!.jpg
    Caydin Baker wants to teach you how to cook!.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 177

Shermie

Site Supporter
He reminds me of THIS cute sweet little boy who also likes to help out in the kitchen! :weber:

Attachments

• Jayden.jpg
    Jayden.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 181