Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG! We have 2 of them in San Antonio. Maybe I can send this link to my family and then drop a million hints. If I get a steak dinner out of it, I'll send you flowers, Mama!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
We have two of them here as well. The beef is aged prime, excellent, but you have to pay for it. Service is very good. And from the knife guy - their steak knives suck. I take my own.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
We have Ruth Chris as well. Unless you love salt, tell them to go light with it. It is a lovely mother's day special--

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, that is a GREAT deal, Mama! If I didn't already have plans, I'd jump all over that!

Buzz, I have only been twice, but neither time have I noticed the sharpness (or dullness) of my knife, since the steaks were so incredibly easy to cut.

Lee

High Cheese

Saucier
They are all over an hour drive for me. I did eat at one in DC a while back, great food. Totally worth the moolah.

smoke king

Banned
I've been to both of the Las Vegas ones, and I agree with High Cheese-very expensive but worth every penny!!

Anybody ever eat at Mortons or Sullivans? I've been told that they are comparable. They just opened a Sullivans here, and it just so happens to be in the same building as my wife's office, so I was just curious..............

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I've eaten at Ruth's and Mortons both, and the steaks were exceptional. pricey as well.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
imho, Mortons is far better than Ruth Chris. In fact, I prefer Mortons to Flemings Prime Steak House and Wine, too. Flemings is better than Ruth Chris though.

As my mom's family owned a steakhouse, I have been to most of them around here and even a few in Florida like Smith and Wollensky.

Edited to add: I even think that Mortons is better than Hyde Park Grill.

Last edited:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
One of our Favorite Places in San Francisco! Extremely happy with both the Service and the food. Yep $$$$$.
images

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
We have one downtown but I've never gone - too pricey for my budget, besides hubby cooks a mean steak on the grill :)

homecook

We've been to the one in Chicago. My hubby's company picked up the tab. lol
The one in Cleveland I thought closed a couple years ago?

We went to Morton's for our anniversary last year with friends and the meal was the pits!! Not one of us got our steaks cooked the way we asked, the asparagus was cold and the baked potato wasn't cooked through. Needless to say we were very disappointed.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Yes, Barb. Ruth Chris lost their lease at Eton Collection. However, I had eaten there with the folks as it was not far from home.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
There's one downtown, but we rarely go downtown, except once or twice a year to the Walnut Street Theater and a certain Moroccan restaurant we love......
the other one is way over in King of Prussia..........but I've worshiped their menu from afar for a long while !

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Wow, homecook! I have never had anything but excellent service and top-notch steaks there.

Often the best day of the week to go to a restaurant and get really wonderful service is on a traditional slow night like a Monday. It is when I like to take my mom out.

homecook

Wow, homecook! I have never had anything but excellent service and top-notch steaks there.

Often the best day of the week to go to a restaurant and get really wonderful service is on a traditional slow night like a Monday. It is when I like to take my mom out.

We went on a Saturday. It would seem to me that the prices you pay you should expect wonderful service any day of the week. It wasn't even crowded.......don't know what the problem was.