Travel Channel's Food Shows

buckytom

Grill Master
do you watch and/or like any of the food shows on the travel channel? http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows

there's "no reservations" with tony bourdain, "bizarre foods" with andrew zimmern, "man v. food" with adam richman, and a new one called "food wars" with camille ford.

i love to watch every one of them, and they're far better than anything offered on foodtv, as far as eating shows go. (granted, they're not about cooking).

bourdain is fun to watch. he's pretty honest with his added voice overs, which makes the show seem real. i wasn't even that put off when he went to brittany and gushed over french culture the whole time. it's his opinion, and he doesn't sugar coat anything if he doesn't like it, but he seems to make an effort to enjoy what he's gotten himself in to for the sake of the show.

zimmern is a whack job that'll eat (and enjoys) just about anything, anywhere. he's a bit of a chubby mama's boy, which makes me cringe thinking that he's the first american many of his hosts have ever met, but i wouldn't challenge him to a gross out contest. the guy will try more than 1 bite of anything, to prove he's eaten it. yuk, but impressive.

my new fave is adam richman and "man v food". really good on-air personality; fun to watch. sort of a guy next door that you'd hang out with having a beer or three.
he doesn't mind getting food on his face trying to bite into something gigantic. he's willing to try just about any food challenge no matter how hot, or how big. you can just see how delicious something is on his face after a bite, before he's able to say a word.

i haven't gotten a chance to see more than a minute of 'food wars", but camille ford is easy on the eyes. the kind of chick you like to buy a beer or three for, hoping for a phone number.

so, does anyone watch any of these shows? whaddya think?

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I watch the Bourdain show from time to time - his honest "ahhh, what did I get myself into now?" is entertaining without going too far over the edge.

the others don't appeal so much.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I saw part of Food Wars - Buffalo wings, Anchor Bar vs Duffs - several days ago. I thought that was pretty entertaining. I also watch Bourdain and Zimmern every once in a while. They are more adventurous eaters than me. Bourdain cracks me up with his little comments. He's probably my favorite.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I love man v food! I've been at the Acme Oyster House...and watching him eat 13 dozen oysters made my stomach churn. I love the pizza slice that is as big as a baby.

High Cheese

Saucier
I could watch Zimmern 24/7. IDK what it is about that guy but he cracks me up. He's like Mike Francessa, even if you don't know what they're talking about it's a pleasure to listen to. I absolutely love when he eats something nasty and instead of doing the typical "OH Gross!" he just says "Now that's something different." or "it's a textural thing." but you know he's dying to spit it out. lol

I love Bourdain too, both really put on great shows with alot of good info. Everytime I watch them I get hungry, no matter what their eating. Espescially any Asian country like Vietnam, or China I totally start salivating.

Man v. Food is "alright". I like seeing some of the establishments and the little cooking demos, but I don't care for the whole sweaty stuffing of the yap.

buckytom

Grill Master
lol about getting hungry, cheeks. the other night we had just finished a big dinner and were watching man v food, and we all groaned that we were still hungry. man, it was almost as if we were getting subliminal messages to keep eating, to be gluttons. i mean, we were full, but the food looked so good...

High Cheese

Saucier
I shouldn't post this but...we have actually eaten a full dinner (steak, side, salad) watched a frickin show and go out to BK for "dessert" cheeseburgers. lmao It's crazy. Put my ass on Intervention! lol

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I like to watch No Reservations, I like his sense of humor. Last show I saw he was in China I think. First he got drunk as hell, then they went ice fishing. They brought along their own fish because they didn't expect to catch any, LOL.