Default What's Cooking NCT? Sun. 9/4 to Sat. 9/11/2016

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Pork stir fry with vegetable stir fry. Nothing fancy, but really good. Have enough left over to freeze for another day's quick meal?

image_15.jpeg

Last edited:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
PizzaPizza!

I use Jamie Oliver's crust - "strong" aka KA bread flour + Bob'sRedMill semolina.
and attempting to improve even the good stuff, got some imported "00" flour

my 2nd/3rd(?) go with KA + Semonlina + "00" worked great - very crisp crust.
so then I went KA+"00" only - not so good....the middle portions of the crust stayed gummy.

so I backed off to the original just to put a reality check on my imagination . . .
I wuzn't imagining . . .

Attachments

• DSC_4911.jpg
    DSC_4911.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 179

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yankee pot roast and dinner rolls.
My good friend Brenda had called me this morning and said "dinner, we're having pot roast if you can make it"
So I knocked on the door around 5:30 (the usual time when I've gone on Sundays in the past).

He was in bed resting, she had left to take the disabled daughter back to the group home and to stop and shop in that city.

I felt so awkward. lol
He said "come on in, she put your plate in the oven, and there are dinner rolls on the stove top".
Ooooops, guess who wasn't in time for dinner?

:sorry: :doh:

Embryodad

Tina threw a loaf pan of lasagna in the toaster oven. I tasted it, but I'm waiting till it is room temperature before I have a large piece..

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Latched on to two Filet Mignon's for $7.99 per Lb. They are kinda thin, so I'll have to be careful.. but I couldn't pass on that price..........

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
For some reason, I love the combination of ham steak, mash potatoes and yellow beans (which are difficult for me to find these days).

Easy, delicious meal, especially when you get a package of mashed already made from the store!

Lee

Attachments

• Ham dinner.JPG
    Ham dinner.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 157

Johnny West

Last night was vegetarian tikka masala, veg korma, and potato samosa's. It was all good, especially the tikka masala and would like to try it with lamb sometime.

Attachments

• #######Indian Night.jpg
    #######Indian Night.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 172

Johnny West

Here are the samosa's and sauces. The samosa's were baked.

The leftover potato suffing was fried with eggs and cheese for this morning's breakfast.

Attachments

• #######Indian Sauces.jpg
    #######Indian Sauces.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 162

Embryodad

Tonight was egg salad sandwiches....sweet hot pickles, and beer for me.
Rice Krispy treats for dessert.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Swedish meatballs, buttered egg noodles and spinach for dinner tonight.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tonight's plan is breaded chicken cutlets, rice side and a veggie.

Johnny West

Swedish meatballs, buttered egg noodles and spinach for dinner tonight.

I looked at the meatballs at IKEA this morning and passed, now wish I'd of gotten some.

Last night took Matt to Seattle to perform at a comedy club. After dropping him off at Pioneer Square we stopped at Wally's in Des Moines and I had fresh halibut and chips. I got the 5 piece order and could only eat three. There were enough fries left for a good order plus an order of slaw for leftovers.

Tonight is Indian (korma) leftovers.

Attachments

• #######Halibut and Chips.jpg
    #######Halibut and Chips.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 150

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight will be Chicken Thighs simmered in a"Cacciatore"-type gravy, with thin spaghetti and green beans..... and a salad plate of Field Greens.

Hopefully, it will resemble this, the last time I made it...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Last night was chicken cutlets dredged in highly seasoned flour then pan fried in butter and grape seed oil, herb and butter noodles, veggies (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower) and chicken lemon pan gravy.

Tonight's plan is London broil, Hassleback potatoes and undetermined yet veggie (maybe creamed spinach).

I'll try to get a picture.

Embryodad

Would you believe.... Tina made a huge pot of hamburger beef vegetable soup.
It had everything but the kitchen sink in it. Good too!
We had it with buttered hard rolls, to soak up the juices.

Dessert was some home made moist banana cake.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lucky, there's something about cacciatore that speaks to me, either chicken or sausage cacciatore. The flavor combos are wonderful together, and it's a great way to use peppers when they are on sale (or from the garden).

Yours looks luscious!

Lee
Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
PSST Today is Saturday 9-10-16

Tonight is homemade chili (using Chili-O chili mix) with added onion, green peppers, chilies and spices. Served over brown rice.