Potato - Better than fries

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Saw this on FB and didn't want to lose it so I'll post it here. Interesting. If you try it before I do please post your thoughts on this.

Attachments

• PotatoBetterThanFries.jpg
    PotatoBetterThanFries.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 122

chilefarmer

I have made those often, not bad but I like fries better or just baked.
Maybe I will try some cheese sauce or ranch on the next ones. CF

Just as a tip, place chop sticks on each side of the potato. Keep you from cutting all the way through.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I think an important thing here is that potatoes made this way may be nutritionally better for you.

That is the biggest dilemma for me. I think we all know "fat is flavor". Personally I feel squeezed between what tastes good and what is good for me.

chilefarmer

Adillo, we all know in truth, you are right. They would be much better than fried, for the body.
How about if we cut the potato like the photo and then fried it, Naw. CF

Ian M.

You know, CF, that's really not too bad an idea! How come if it tastes good it's not very good for you? My mother used to tell us that if it was good for us it probably wouldn't taste all that great - ie: cod-liver oil, Brussels Sprouts, and so on! But one oculd definitely improve on these potatoes - add a sprinkle of garlic over the top, along with the olive oil and butter, and maybe seasoning salt or some cheese of a sort. Then we're talking getting somewhat bad for you and tasting much better..................

Ian