Spaghetti Squash w/a Roasted Vegetable Smoked Meatball Sauce

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
this is going to have lots of large pictures.. it will mostly likely be cut into a couple of posts...enjoy

Spaghetti Squash w/a Roasted Vegetable Smoked Meatball Sauce

for the meatballs
1 1/2lbs ground beef
1/2 lb hot italian sausage
sprinkle of parmesan cheese

mix and roll into meatballs. i used a mix of cherry/maple to smoke these. smoke for approx 1 1/2hrs or until done. you can also grill the meatballs

1020233o.jpg

img0002qar.jpg

for the sauce

3 bell peppers - your choice of colors
1 large onion - quartered
1 head of garlic - cloves separated
1 lb mushrooms
3 large ripe tomatoes,chopped
1 large can of your favorite pasta sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
italian seasoning

place your veggies on a baking pan and coat with olive oil. sprinkle salt and pepper on them. roast at 400 until desired color and consistency or the garlic is soft.pierce your spaghetti squash and place in the oven as well

1020289.jpg

1020287.jpg

while veggies are roasting. place the tomatoes,sugar and italian seasoning in a pot. bring to a boil and then simmer until tomatoes have broken down and sauce like

1020291.jpg

1020293.jpg

veggies all done...chopped them roughly and add to sauce. next add meatballs and simmer for a couple of hours

1020297z.jpg

1020302d.jpg

1020306k.jpg

1020313.jpg

to be continued...

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
this next post starts of for Keltin

Squash are all finished...time to cut them open
1020310.jpg

1020314.jpg

time for some plating pictures

1020318.jpg

1020318.jpg

1020320.jpg

1020321.jpg

1020322.jpg

1020325.jpg

so Vera...can i have a job as a dishwasher?..lol

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Meeeoooowww! That looks fantastic. Winner-Winner Spaghetti Dinner :thumb:. Those pictures just blow me away.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
thanks ladies..

it was a little work for this dish but oh so worth it... this will have a place on my regular menu.. next time i am going to try and do everything on the grill and smoker.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Awesome job!! I see in some of your pics the same problem I was having. The flash turns sauces different colors and makes things look washed out. You'll get better depth and warmth by using plenty of ambient light and no flash. Turn on all the lights in the area and kill the flash. Try that. :thumb:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Awesome job!! I see in some of your pics the same problem I was having. The flash turns sauces different colors and makes things look washed out. You'll get better depth and warmth by using plenty of ambient light and no flash. Turn on all the lights in the area and kill the flash. Try that. :thumb:

yup thats why i took the final pics out on the grill.lol