Sunday 1/22/2012 What's the meal plan?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I saw someone made stuffed shells and I was inspired. So the plan is stuffed shells and a salad tonight.

What's your plan?

I frequently order from "Burger's Smokehouse" (http://www.smokehouse.com/) - mostly for gifts, but sometimes for myself. They recently sent me an offer for "buy one get one free" whole smoked turkeys, so I took advantage of it. Gave one of the turkeys to the local food pantry, & will be cooking up the other one tonight for dinner. Plan on serving it with mashed potatoes (hubby's request), buttered green beans, & a green salad.

Rest of the bird will make it's way into other dishes during the coming week, & the carcass will be terrific as a stock base for bean soups.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
For lunch I had 1 hard boiled egg and the last 2 thin slices of pork roast from last nights dinner.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Since we have our power back on (it's been off and on 4 times since Thursday) I'm going to make lemon/dill crusted Sockeye salmon w/rice pilaf & steamed zucchini and for dessert, a lemon spoon cake :)

lilylove

You could have come stayed with us (if we had a house right now ,this apartment will only hold two) we only lost power for 14 hours. Feeling pretty sad for all those folks that STILL don't have any.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
You could have come stayed with us (if we had a house right now ,this apartment will only hold two) we only lost power for 14 hours. Feeling pretty sad for all those folks that STILL don't have any.

Thanks Trish, I appreciate the offer anyhow :flowers: Have fun going out tonight!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Since we have our power back on (it's been off and on 4 times since Thursday) I'm going to make lemon/dill crusted Sockeye salmon w/rice pilaf & steamed zucchini and for dessert, a lemon spoon cake :)
Glad your power is back. Your dinner sounds wonderful.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm going to try making some lasagna roll-ups with a side of Italian sausage and top them with Victoria vodka sauce. We'll see if they stay rolled up :dizzy:.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Made a HUGE batch of Chili today ............

023.jpg

024.jpg

027.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

Needless to say, It's gonna be Chili tonight !

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
........ and while I was waiting for the beans to cook, the Warden put together a beautiful Cream of Potato soup.........

017.jpg

Her Way.......

019.jpg

My Way...

021.jpg

.....and two for a couple of BFF's

022.jpg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'm going to try making some lasagna roll-ups with a side of Italian sausage and top them with Victoria vodka sauce. We'll see if they stay rolled up :dizzy:.

That sounds wonderful cooksie. I hope you can get a picture.

Made a HUGE batch of Chili today ............

023.jpg

024.jpg

027.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

Needless to say, It's gonna be Chili tonight !
YUMMY that looks so colorful and chunky. I can almost taste it.
........ and while I was waiting for the beans to cook, the Warden put together a beautiful Cream of Potato soup.........

017.jpg

Her Way.......

019.jpg

My Way...

021.jpg

.....and two for a couple of BFF's

022.jpg
WOW soup to double whammy! YUMMY X2!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Baked stuffed shells (lots of cheese) and a tossed salad (red & green butter lettuce, shredded red cabbage, shaved carrots, sliced mushroom cap, vine tomato and black olives dressed with flax, canola and EVOO oils, red wine vinegar, sesame seeds, herbs and spices).

012212_stuffed_shells_salad_P1090341.jpg

PanchoHambre

Wow LT that chili looks great!

working on some arancini from some left over risotto. takin pictures hopefully post them when it's done

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
You're gonna be eatin' chili for a while LT! That and the potato soup both look delicious!

I love stuffed shells Peeps and yours look really good.

Have fun Lily!

RM, that sounds really good!

Breezy...I'm sure the family that receives that turkey will be tickled pink!

Can't wait to see the pics Pancho!

Nothing special here tonight. We've been watching football so it was all easy stuff tonight. Fish sticks, scalloped potatoes (I like to keep a few boxes of Betty Crocker in the pantry for emergencies such as these) and green beans. I did make homemade biscuits though :lol:

Attachments

• dinner01222012.jpg
    dinner01222012.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 120

Leni

I'm in the middle of making chili also. I'll serve it with corn bread although I also have sourdough. Humm. Decision time.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
You're gonna be eatin' chili for a while LT! That and the potato soup both look delicious!

I love stuffed shells Peeps and yours look really good.

Have fun Lily!

RM, that sounds really good!

Breezy...I'm sure the family that receives that turkey will be tickled pink!

Can't wait to see the pics Pancho!

Nothing special here tonight. We've been watching football so it was all easy stuff tonight. Fish sticks, scalloped potatoes (I like to keep a few boxes of Betty Crocker in the pantry for emergencies such as these) and green beans. I did make homemade biscuits though :lol:
Thank you Mama. You can't see all the cheese that was on the shells because it was so stringy it came off LOL

BTW I just put fish sticks and tater tots on my list!! I wonder why :whistling:

A big OH MAMA that looks so good. I love scalloped taters!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers....I can't take the credit for anything other than the biscuits. Mrs. Paul's, Betty Crocker and the Green Giant did all of the hard work :yum:

Nancy-MD

Everyone's meals look delicious!

I put a rump roast in the rotisserie.

Attachments

• 1.22.12.jpg
    1.22.12.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 106

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Sauteed eggplant, chicken, tomatoes and basil....served over whole wheat spaghetti....

And there's still some carrot cake.

We had king cake this morning, from Haydel's Bakery....so I really shouldn't have any dessert...but still..

Embryodad

Everyones meals and plans sound so delicious :wow:

We grazed on whatever stuff today.
We just had Leftover chili dogs.

I made Sausage patties ( Jimmy Deans Original ) and pancakes for breakfast!...

DW made a carrot cake. It was good. Had a cream cheese icing.

I only snapped a pic of the pancakes.

56488ad9.jpg

I've got to get them out of my mind; because I feel like eating some again....right N O W !

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Here's my panko crusted salmon, rice pilaf & green beans - it was delish :biggrin:

w2gcnp.jpg
[/IMG]
That looks wonderful.
Everyones meals and plans sound so delicious :wow:

We grazed on whatever stuff today.
We just had Leftover chili dogs.

I made Sausage patties ( Jimmy Deans Original ) and pancakes for breakfast!...

DW made a carrot cake. It was good. Had a cream cheese icing.

I only snapped a pic of the pancakes.

56488ad9.jpg

I've got to get them out of my mind; because I feel like eating some again....right N O W !
YUMMY Jimmy. Wheres the cake pic?