Sunday, 7/31/2011, Whats going on the table?

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
SO many nice Sunday meals today! We went to a friend's house for a birthday party where the main dish served was birria de chivo (young goat stew). Served with warm corn tortillas, fresh salsa, wonderful panela cheese served in an olive oil marinade with herbs, assorted salads....it was all very good. But we ate mid-afternoon and by the time we were home at 8 pm, we were hungry again, so I made bacon, hashbrowns and eggs.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
luvs that looks fantastic!!

Nan and Karen your meals sound YUMMY! I love eggs, bacon and taters and eye round roast is my favorite cut of beef to roast.

Embryodad

That the way my DH likes his eggplant but without any sauce etc. I use seasoned bread crumbs and add parmesan cheese to it.
Yeah!... that's the way I like it too. I grew up eating Italian mostly because Italians cook mostly Italian.

We really never had egg plant parm in a casserole or anything like that.
Mom would fry like 5 sliced eggplant, and we would either have them with plain bread crumbs, and mom would add her own flavoring. they didn't have flavored crumbs then; or if they did, mom never bought them.

We would make sandwiches with layers of eggplant and cheese or tomato slices or even lettuce.

I really like it just floured and fried crisp and browned. Then layer the hot slices and thin sliced mozzarella and drizzle of olive olio and hot peppers or just bell peppers fried. OMG what a sandwich.
That was usually a Friday Supper instead of fish.

It's like everything else though. It gets to a point where we get sick of it.
Then winter would arrive....and we would make home made Italian Sausage..Hot..there was no such thing as Sweet sausage.
Even then...it would be a boring meal to have sausage all the time.

There is one thing I wish my wife would get sick of, and that is cucumbers.
She is on a cucumber fettish, and hs to munch on them in the middle of the night in bed. First..it smells like a grocery store with the cuke aroma...and then like feeding time at the rabbit pen at the zoo when she starts munching on them.
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!! oh Yeah! I wake up to the smell and sound.

Embryodad

i put a roast in the crockpot early this morning & let it cook on 'lo' for many hours. shredded it & put that & the jus on taters, w/ a 'lil jus extra so the taters kept thier shape-
Looks so Good luvs. I could close my eye's and imagine the texture of the stew meat....Ummmmm!!!

Uh! took great Notice of the drinking cup. Aluminium?? I have a few sets of the Mirro colored aluminum drinking tumblers. 1950's...
Love to fill them with cold ice drinks, and watch them drip with evaporated moisture down the sides. Makes me think of cold and winter season. The time when everyone usualy hunkers in and slows down, but me and the mrs....well we wake up and become forever wound up.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Too Tired to Cook.- Double Pepperoni/Double Cheese.

thumbnail.aspx

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I always feel like a freaking parrot, but I will say.. YUMMY DINNERS EVERYONE!
They all look fantastic and those of you who didn't show what you ate, ditto.
KFC.. damn I miss it.
I am now stuck with a former KFC joint.. a place called the Chik-N-House that opened in the same building, which is good (the gizzards especially) but something about their take on Original and Extra Crispy just doesn't cut it.

My Subway was.. ummmmmmmmm.. fresh!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had a patty melt, but I would have traded it for any one of your dishes. It all looks sooooo good.

Embryodad

I always feel like a freaking parrot, but I will say.. YUMMY DINNERS EVERYONE!
They all look fantastic and those of you who didn't show what you ate, ditto.
KFC.. damn I miss it.
I am now stuck with a former KFC joint.. a place called the Chik-N-House that opened in the same building, which is good (the gizzards especially) but something about their take on Original and Extra Crispy just doesn't cut it.

My Subway was.. ummmmmmmmm.. fresh!
Just for You Sass..... LOL....LOL....LOL...You are so Funny with situations and human nature. You could write a Book!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP6ccHmiZjI[/ame]

Deelady

Tasty tasy Barbs and Luvs! NowI want beef for dinner tonight but unfortunately I already have wings marinating!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Looks so Good luvs. I could close my eye's and imagine the texture of the stew meat....Ummmmm!!!

i used sirloin, blatently ingoring the typical. my, i luv the 'reject' button that's amongst my cooking thoughts.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

Uh! took great Notice of the drinking cup. Aluminium?? I have a few sets of the Mirro colored aluminum drinking tumblers. 1950's...
Love to fill them with cold ice drinks, and watch them drip with evaporated moisture down the sides. Makes me think of cold and winter season. The time when everyone usualy hunkers in and slows down, but me and the mrs....well we wake up and become forever wound up.

thanx! i snagged a creamer cup from my shelves, then decided that was way better than quail-egg molds in terms of neatess - pour rather than dip