The oven - fixed

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
We came home from a craft show Sunday and went to warm up some dinner only the oven did not light. It is a GE Profile and has a few years on it certainly doesn't deserve to be replaced.

I looked around the WEB and found out that it is a known thing that happens to gas ovens. The igniter stopped igniting. I looked a little farther and found that it is not all that hard to change.

I went to the genuine GE parts site and found the part for $107.00. OK, a bunch of money, but, I could save on labor. I looked around a bit more and found a parts site that offered an igniter they said was compatible for $37.00. They offer a 365 day no questions asked warranty. I ordered it today. When I opened the outer box, what popped out, but, a genuine GE igniter factory sealed and with GE labeling.

It tookme about half an hour and we are back in business. Not to take the sourdough starter out of the fridge and wake it up.

Kind of interesting what one can do with the WEB these days.

chilefarmer

Great post, I always search the internet when buying most anything. Yeah, I am an internet freak. Got to research all things. CF

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It always makes me feel good to be able to fix something by myself. That's the way I felt when I put that stuff on my dishwasher rack because of rust spots. It's still holding up just fine.

I'm glad you got your oven fixed, Adillo. Fixed and saved some money...can't beat that!

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
nice fix - I have a couple fans I need to tear down - the appliance joint wants $125 just to come look at it.....