Old Fashioned Chicken Fried Steak & Gravy

lilbopeep

🍀🍀🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
lickinglipsyum-1.gif

Newnork1978

Thanks, y'all, for all the patient help. My DIL, newnork1978, was here today and we made this again. She made the gravy this time and it was lovely!!! (It was the first time she had ever made gravy, too!) I used the right amount of salt in the brine this time and the chicken fried steaks were delicious (and not too salty.) Here's the pics. The first is my DIL making gravy and the second is the finished plate:

I am still amazed the gravy came out (being my first attempt, and all). :bb: Hee-hee!

It was a very delicious meal and Nick inhaled EVERYTHING you sent me home with in a matter of seconds. I think he'll agree the meal was wonderful!
:thumb:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Thanks, y'all, for all the patient help. My DIL, newnork1978, was here today and we made this again. She made the gravy this time and it was lovely!!! (It was the first time she had ever made gravy, too!) I used the right amount of salt in the brine this time and the chicken fried steaks were delicious (and not too salty.) Here's the pics. The first is my DIL making gravy and the second is the finished plate:

And with fresh sliced tomatoes.....fantastic!! :clap:

GotGarlic

Way to go, FM and newnork!

DH saw me looking at the Iron Chef Steak final and saw the CFS - now he wants some! :smile: Truth is, I do, too! :wink: It's going on my list of things to try soon - I've never made it before.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Whoa! I just now saw the pics FM!!! Awesome job! That looks wonderful!! Now, I never, ever want to hear you say you can't cook. Never again. Not once!

Great job!! :clap::clap::clap:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Remember, I screwed up the gravy the first time. My DIL saved the day the second time by making the gravy.

Newnork1978

Remember, I screwed up the gravy the first time. My DIL saved the day the second time by making the gravy.

In all honesty, Myles helped by researching a few things for me. I strongly believe that, without his help, my attempt at making gravy would have failed miserably.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
In all honesty, Myles helped by researching a few things for me. I strongly believe that, without his help, my attempt at making gravy would have failed miserably.
Hey, I had this whole forum helping me and I still screwed the gravy up! You did a great job, Angel!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Angel - Mama is the ultimate southern cook! A compliment from her is big - because she knows good cooking!

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
cooksie; this needs to be an entry in the Iron Chef; Steak; It's a winner !
.and it appears exactly as Mom used to make it !
I agree with Lucky- This is fantastic, I will be trying this out this week for sure. Thanks Cooksie:thumb:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Just adding a new pic. This was from a couple of weeks ago.....had to have our CFS fix :mrgreen::

IMG_0908.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Slobbering over that picture, Cooksie!

mmmm MMMMM!

Lee