Diamond Tester!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
diamond%20tester.jpg

If you're anything like me, you probably saved yourself a couple grand by going with a piece of windshield glass instead of an actual diamond in your fiance's engagement ring. Just kidding, I'm not really engaged. But I would consider safety glass as a diamond alternative depending on my fiance's vision. Unfortunately, now there's an easy to use diamond-tester on the market to foil my plans. The $200 device quickly determines whether a diamond is the real deal or Moissanite (silicon carbide). That's okay though, we still have options: namely, rewiring the device to always answer diamond to moissanite. Now, which one of you lovely ladies wants to be my bride? Diamonds everyday!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
And it doesn't matter really since there are industrial grade, Jewel grade and flawless diamonds. Most of what one gets in department stores is just above industrial level. We own a jewelery store for a few years that my wife ran. She could spot a fake, industrial to flawless level and never miss. I guess it is the one or the two things a blond was born to do perfectly. :mrgreen:

All joking aside diamonds below flawless level are pretty well inflated in value if you try to sell them. They actually pay more for the gold or platinum settings that the diamond.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sorry guys...won't make any difference...the first thing we do is have it appraised for insurance purposes.