Thursday, 1/6/2011, Whats cooking today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Something with ground beef or maybe something with hot dogs. I'll let you kno when I pin it down!!

Any plans?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Found a whole chicken at the store that was cheap (date expiration the next day), so I seasoned it, cooked it, pulled the whole thing and sauced it yesterday, and today we're having pulled chicken sammies in SBR's BBQ sauce. I picked up some of "Grandma's" cole slaw yesterday, and will make fries to go along with it. DS moved into an apartment over the weekend (much closer to work and GF), so we are officially "Empty Nesters" and will have to watch how we cook because we no longer have the human vacuum around to keep the leftovers in check.:tongue: He's going to be 25 in a couple of weeks so this is good for him. On the downside, we're losing our in-house IT department for our Macs, iPads, iPods, printers, fax machine, etc.. Before he moved out he setup our computers with remote access so he can fix most things from his office or new home, as his new place is an hour drive away. I guess this means I have to grow up now.:dizzy:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm craving peppery chicken gravy, guess I should think of something to put it on, eh?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Happy Birthday dinner..... the prequel
Delmonico's soakin' ............
Delmonicoesbday65003.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I'll be busy most of the day - Spanish class in an hour, then a meeting, then ArtWalk. I think we'll stop and get a bite to eat somewhere in between.

Lightening it up here. Lemon & rosemary chicken breasts (on the grill) & cold bow-tie pasta salad with lots of veggies - tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, black olives, etc w/ vinaigrette dressing.

K

Kimchee

Our neighbor gave us a tupperware of leftover gumbo.
Should be interesting; I stirred it and saw, along with the usual okra,
black eye peas, spinach and other beans, plus rice.
It did taste pretty good, so that's a plus! LOL
(From what I understand, the family thought it was too spicy and "strange".
She knows WE like strange food, so......)

lilylove

ok, not porkchops... I fould a Cornish game hen. I'll roast it up and save the bones for some chicken soup next week.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've got a couple of breaded chicken cutlets in the freezer, so those topped with peppered chicken gravy, rice.. a veg too..

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Sloppy Joe meat over jasmine rice with steamed and buttered Brussels sprouts and quartered mushroom caps simmered in butter and Maggi Seasoning.

010611_sloppy_joe_jasmine_rice.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We had fajitas.

Flap meat, peppers, onions, lots of spice, rolled in tortillas, topped with sour cream and salsa.

Sorry, no pics. We ate them too fast!

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
We have a 1/2 of a ham left. So DW is making something out of the cook book called Ham Medley. I'll try to get picture when done.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm making a chix burger sans bread w/ a poached egg, lettuce, & sliced tomato, mayo, pepper, & frank's. buttered green beanz & carrot, too~

buckytom

Grill Master
take out again, from an italian restaurant this time.

calamari salad, chicken campagnolo, chicken parm, chicken nuggets, penne, and ziti.

i really need to get my act together and start cooking more. i promised dw that i would cook dinner more often, but i've been just so damned exhausted lately when i get up in the afternoon. 3 hours of sleep a day is just not enough.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
take out again, from an italian restaurant this time.

calamari salad, chicken campagnolo, chicken parm, chicken nuggets, penne, and ziti.

i really need to get my act together and start cooking more. i promised dw that i would cook dinner more often, but i've been just so damned exhausted lately when i get up in the afternoon. 3 hours of sleep a day is just not enough.
I cook just about every night. If the price is right I will take orders! LOL

buckytom

Grill Master
with the amount that we spend on take out every week, we actually discussed getting a semi-private chef if dw went back to work.

but it just seems wrong considering i'd be lurking over his or her shoulder the whole time trying to get free lessons, lol.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
with the amount that we spend on take out every week, we actually discussed getting a semi-private chef if dw went back to work.

but it just seems wrong considering i'd be lurking over his or her shoulder the whole time trying to get free lessons, lol.
Hey hire me!! We can teach each other things!! LOL I could use the money!! I love people lurking!!

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
We have a 1/2 of a ham left. So DW is making something out of the cook book called Ham Medley. I'll try to get picture when done.

This was great.Ham, noodles, cottage Cheeze, white sauce, Cheddar Cheese. OMG. No plans on divorsing DW, She cooks almost as good as me!
004-5.jpg