"The Wedge" (salad)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Iceberg lettuce appears to have made a resurgence in salads these days, specifically in the form of "Wedge" salads.

Friends and I (all on vacation in Miami Beach a few weeks ago), each ordered "The Wedge", with different dressings. All four of us loved it!

Very simple: a wedge of iceberg lettuce, topped with a dressing of your choice (mine was blue cheese), and two perfectly cooked whole bacon slices. Garnishes were paper-thin slices of red onion and a couple of tomato wedges. All drizzled with a balsamic reduction.

It was a perfectly lovely starter!

The restaurant was City Hall in Miami - everything we had was wonderful!

Lee

Attachments

• Wedge salad - City Hall, Miami 2012.JPG
    Wedge salad - City Hall, Miami 2012.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 210

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I love iceburg lettuce!

The Texas Steakhouse chain has the wedge salad. Covered with crumbled bacon, diced tomatoes, bleu cheese and covered with jalapeno ranch dressing.

Jim

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had a coupon for a free head of iceberg lettuce, so I made a couple of Wedge salads to serve with dinner.

Shoulda used more bacon! :bonk:

Lee

Attachments

• The Wedge salad.JPG
    The Wedge salad.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 129

Johnny West

I had a coupon for a free head of iceberg lettuce, so I made a couple of Wedge salads to serve with dinner.

Shoulda used more bacon! :bonk:

Lee

More bacon is always better.

Personally I love iceberg lettuce but out here no one grows it. It's all imported from California. Frankly I'm getting tired of the leaf lettuce but do love romaine.

Please pass the blue cheese dressing.