Wednesday 3/14/2012 What's on the table?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Not positive but will either be pasta and sauce with a side salad or a dinner salad with hard boiled eggs and/or tuna.

Any plans?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Cod. Not sure what will be with it or how it will be cooked yet though.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DS and his GF will be here for dinner tonight, so I'm making an Angus chuck roast with the usual suspects. It's always a big hit here, and will eventually become BBQ beef for sammies with the leftovers.

Embryodad

I have a 18 pack of Hamburger rolls... 6 Lb.s of ground beef in the freezer stash...so I guess it's Burgers cooked on the grill..

GD is wanting pierogies...so she will have that.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
think i'm making breaded buffalo chix tenders for him. plain unbreaded for me. fries.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Mini wagon wheel pasta topped with tomato sauce and fresh grated romano & parmesan cheeses. Mixed salad (red & green butter lettuce, red & green shredded cabbage, grated carrot, black olives, vine tomato and sliced mushroom caps) dressed with Good Seasons Basil dressing (dressing packet, EVOO, flax seed oil, canola oil, apple cider vinegar, and red wine vinegar) McCormick Perfect Pinch and toasted sesame seeds.

031412_wagon_wheels_salad_P1090410.jpg

Embryodad

Mini wagon wheel pasta topped with tomato sauce and fresh grated romano & parmesan cheeses. Mixed salad (red & green butter lettuce, red & green shredded cabbage, grated carrot, black olives, vine tomato and sliced mushroom caps) dressed with Good Seasons Basil dressing (dressing packet, EVOO, flax seed oil, canola oil, apple cider vinegar, and red wine vinegar) McCormick Perfect Pinch and toasted sesame seeds.

031412_wagon_wheels_salad_P1090410.jpg
Looks great peep..

I can't bel;eive it... GD and I were talking about wagon wheels just last night.
She likes when Gram makes Mac and cheese with them.

To me... every macaroni tastes different according to the shape.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks great peep..

I can't bel;eive it... GD and I were talking about wagon wheels just last night.
She likes when Gram makes Mac and cheese with them.

To me... every macaroni tastes different according to the shape.
Thank you Jimmy.

I feel the same way about different pasta shapes.

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy.

I feel the same way about different pasta shapes.
You're welcome peep...

Another mention if I may?

Olives. Olives taste better with the pit (stone) not removed.

Tina always buys the black olives in the can with the pit punched out.
Son Jimmy likes them because he is too lazy to eat and remove the pit.

Even the ones in the salad bar in ShopRite...I tell T to get mine WITH The Pits.

The only ones I like pitted, are the Spanish Olives ( the green ones ) with the little piamento stuffed inside. Ha Ha Ha ....and My Brother ( Rest His Soul ) used to Blow out the Piamento. BUT...He ate the pile of them later..after his fill of the olive.

Boy did my mother frown on his doing that.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Nice Peeps! I love those wagon wheels too and for some reason I haven't made them in years. I really need to remember to get some!

I ended up making oven "fried" cod fillets, roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Attachments

• dinner03142012.jpg
    dinner03142012.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 168
  • dinner03142012-1.jpg
    dinner03142012-1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 173

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Nice Peeps! I love those wagon wheels too and for some reason I haven't made them in years. I really need to remember to get some!

I ended up making oven "fried" cod fillets, roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli.
Thank you Mama.

Your fish looks wonderful. Please tell me what is in the coating and how did you cook it. I usually pan fry in oil but yours looks nice a crisp. I have never done oven fried anything. But I'd like to give chicken, fish and fries a try. Please clue me in. TIA

Embryodad

Um Um Um ... Cod...my favorite!

Looks awesome Mama! ( Drool ing )

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
I ordered from my favorite local spot. They are only open for lunch but have "dinner to go" four nights a week. Tonight is curry chicken, cumin rice, flatbread, rice pudding for dessert. Oh i forgot the salad. $24.00 for two. We never can eat it all. Night off for me is the best.

Embryodad

DW had a great Idea.

We wanted chili burgers..so she picked up two Wendy's cheese burgers with onion only..I added my homemade chili sauce, and they were OK.

The beef patty is tough because it was frozen when placed on the grill, but it was a fast supper. Cost...$0.0 ... = Gift card was used.
Two single cheese burgers was $8.37 off the $15.00 Gift Card.
Boy Oh Boy....Price$ are really jumping up!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
A little comfort food as planned. Angus chuck roast from Sam's Club, pan gravy, smashed taters, roasted carrots, broccoli and a "kitchen sink salad" (not shown). Brownies for dessert.

Dinner031412.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That looks great Joe!

DW had a great Idea.

We wanted chili burgers..so she picked up two Wendy's cheese burgers with onion only..I added my homemade chili sauce, and they were OK.

The beef patty is tough because it was frozen when placed on the grill, but it was a fast supper. Cost...$0.0 ... = Gift card was used.
Two single cheese burgers was $8.37 off the $15.00 Gift Card.
Boy Oh Boy....Price$ are really jumping up!

I thought they advertise "fresh....never frozen"? :lol:

Embryodad

A little comfort food as planned. Angus chuck roast from Sam's Club, pan gravy, smashed taters, roasted carrots, broccoli and a "kitchen sink salad" (not shown). Brownies for dessert.

Dinner031412.jpg
LQQKs good Joe.

I would ask DW to make one...but it's too close to the corned beef we will have on saturday.