Saturday 2/4/2012 What's the meal deal today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well it will be one of these: Pasta with Lentils and tomato (made from the leftover lentil soup) or Pork loin chops. Several side choices - Carb (stuffing or taters), Veggies (broccoli crowns, sautéed mushrooms or salad) and gravy. One will be for tonight and the other will tomorrow nights dinner.

So what's your meal deal?

Last edited:

Embryodad

DW made a Lasagna.....

I called it Chinese / Italian lasagna...

I took three bites...:yuk:

DD took it home....

No eggs mixed in the ricotta filling..
Some kind of Kraft 6 cheese grated cheese.. (soap)

And the kicker... Those wonton noodles in the square package. YUuuuuuuuK

DW didn't even like the cheese.

I have heartburn..just took some honey, and i think I will need the purple pill later.
DD told me about the honey, and it is relieving stomach pain and gas.

OOooo! I knew it when she was putting it together...but I just closed eyes to it.

No More for me. Not a fan of those lazy way meals.

BTW: ... DS and DIL stopped by when it came out of the oven. They took a plate..and DIL was like making funny faces.. and DS Jimmy Jr. couldn't eat it.
He said..Maaaa....What is sooo different about this lasagna???...

Cackle Cackle... ( I rest my case )..:oops:

Leni

Now,now Embryodad. Try to be nice. DW tried it and we all make something that is a disaster once in a while. :sad:

Tonight it is going to be hamburgers and baked beans. Those Artic tomatoes are darned good. Slow to produce and the tomatoes are small but what the heck! They taste like a tomato!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Tonight I have no idea. Just had a bowl of chunky soup to wet the appetite.

Now for horrible things I have made. There are plenty. The one that always comes to mind is this sweet & sour meatball recipe for the slow cooker. I don't know what I did to it but omg it was horrible. Lol

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we should have a food flops thread guys!
peepz, despite my dislike for rice i've kept the lentil /brown rice soup u'd made the other day on my mind. it sounds so good. mind if i borrow the thought & make some~ does it freeze well~ tx!
jimmy:

Attachments

• IMG_3087919.jpg
    IMG_3087919.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 123

PanchoHambre

not for tonight but i have some boston baked beans in the slow cooker for the game tomorrow.. my house is going to smell so delicious when i wake up in the AM

Embryodad

peepz, despite my dislike for rice i've kept the lentil /brown rice soup u'd made the other day on my mind. it sounds so good. mind if i borrow the thought & make some~ does it freeze well~ tx!
jimmy:
Hodgya know I just took my little purple pill...???

They are my crutch.

DD did give me a good hint that worked...and that was to sip on two tsp.'s of honey. I took it with a sourness in the tummy...and in 10 minutes the gurgitation and reflux stopped. Hmmmm!! .... Not a bad thing!

Embryodad

not for tonight but i have some boston baked beans in the slow cooker for the game tomorrow.. my house is going to smell so delicious when i wake up in the AM
Pancho... Boston beans sound good for tomorrow.

I have a pot of sausage slices / hot dog slices / and fake crab chunks in the slow cooker with green beans and some Louisiana killer shrimp juice I had in the freezer.
Sorta like a seafood jambalaya of sorts. I'll throw some chopped potatoes in the last hour or so of cooking.

DW picked up some thin sliced steaks that are frozen...and we will have Philly Cheese Steaks wit...

That's beside the dips and chips. yeah!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Hodgya know I just took my little purple pill...???

They are my crutch.

DD did give me a good hint that worked...and that was to sip on two tsp.'s of honey. I took it with a sourness in the tummy...and in 10 minutes the gurgitation and reflux stopped. Hmmmm!! .... Not a bad thing!

interesting. i've used a hobey, too! have gerd & that so this is really the only kind for me nowadays.
i'm so hungry. better cook my pasta soon!

lilylove

I made pan fried porkchops and mashed garlic, onion,bacon and cheese potatoes for Paul. I had a baked sweet potato.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
dinner: linguine w/ spinach & clams in a redd sauce

Attachments

• IMG_3095923.jpg
    IMG_3095923.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 121

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ooooo luvs...that looks nice!

When I posted the Italian bread recipe on my facebook page, Karen stopped by and commented that she uses the dough to make calzones. I had to give it a try so I stuffed them with spinach, grilled onions, bacon, chicken, mozarella and feta cheeses. :ohmy: I sure am glad she told me that! I should have used more cheese though.

Attachments

• calzone.jpg
    calzone.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 109

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
jimmy:
luvs - I cook the rice seperately and serve the soup "over" the rice. I store them seperately also so the rice doesn't soak up all the liquid. I would think the soup would freeze well and rice can be frozen. I don't know first hand because we never have any soup left after the second day. We either eat as soup the second day or I add plain tomato sauce to the soup, bring to boil, add pasta and simmer till liquid is absorbed by the pasta and is cooked till tender. (I add water or stock if more liquid is necessary to cook the pasta.)

I mince fresh garlic, onion and carrot small and sweat them in EVOO then add the lentils, my AP seasoning blend and water. Simmer till tender. Thats it. No stock or frills.

Ooooo luvs...that looks nice!

When I posted the Italian bread recipe on my facebook page, Karen stopped by and commented that she uses the dough to make calzones. I had to give it a try so I stuffed them with spinach, grilled onions, bacon, chicken, mozarella and feta cheeses. :ohmy: I sure am glad she told me that! I should have used more cheese though.

BEAUTIFUL Mama!!

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thx! mama, jimmy & peepz. jimmy, i noshed on 9 of those clams- normally if there's pasta w/ my clams, it's 5 or so. all internet & no food makes aubrey a hungry girl.
mama, that looks great~

peepz, i haven't made lentils sans some sort of stock b-4. interesting.......

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
thx! mama, jimmy & peepz. jimmy, i noshed on 9 of those clams- normally if there's pasta w/ my clams, it's 5 or so. all internet & no food makes aubrey a hungry girl.
mama, that looks great~

peepz, i haven't made lentils sans some sort of stock b-4. interesting.......
Thats the way my mom made it. I tried making it with stock and we didn't like it. Try it without, you can add some bouillon if you think it needs the flavor. I guess we like the lentil flavor.