What's For Dinner - Wednesday, 12-28-11

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It's pretty chilly here, so tonight is chili, no beans, topped with shredded cheddar cheese and diced red onion.

Any plans?

lilylove

We are either going out for dinner and many drinks with condo friends or I'm pan frying some chicken and doing some kind of veggie dish. Maybe roasted potatoes and brocc.

Hubby has opted for turkey franks with all the trimmings tucked into top-split hot-dog rolls & served with Bush's "Grillin Beans" on the side. I "might" make some warm potato salad to go alongside, but that will depend on how ambitious I feel in the next hour or so - lol!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
It's pretty chilly here, so tonight is chili, no beans, topped with shredded cheddar cheese and diced red onion.

Any plans?

thats tomorrow nights dinner :) with beans..lots of beans :)

Hubby has opted for turkey franks with all the trimmings tucked into top-split hot-dog rolls & served with Bush's "Grillin Beans" on the side. I "might" make some warm potato salad to go alongside, but that will depend on how ambitious I feel in the next hour or so - lol!!

i seriously thought of beanies and weinies again tonight..along with some mac & cheese.

but its going to be turkey spanish rice

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Had this T-bone in the freezer so I made some twice baked taters and fresh steamed veggies with butter & brown sugar. DW got the fillet and I got the rest. Christmas cookies for dessert.

Dinner122811.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
that lookss good, joe, & yinz all keep makink me hungry for beenz & franks, he-he.:bbq:

Nancy-MD

Ended up not making sauce since I didn't have any green peppers. Not making it without the trinity.
I made chicken fried chicken with Stovetop stuffing.

Attachments

• 12.28.11 chicken fried chicken.jpg
    12.28.11 chicken fried chicken.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 169

Embryodad

All the meals sound great.
Nancy and Joe....great looking plates of food..

I had chicken broth with noodles, and 1/2 a rost beef hoagie from Quick Check.

DW had soup and mashed potatoes and gravy for supper.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
thats tomorrow nights dinner :) with beans..lots of beans :)

Ahhhhh, the great beans/no beans chili debate! I will actually take good chili either way. I've mastered the art of eating around the beans.:mrgreen:

My chili:

Chili.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Ahhhhh, the great beans/no beans chili debate! I will actually take good chili either way. I've mastered the art of eating around the beans.:mrgreen:

You are a in a class of "elite eaters." DW has also learned to eat an entire bowl of chili without ever ingesting a single bead...unlike the rest of the family who LOVE the beans. She can also find the tiniest speck of diced mushroom and remove it to the side of her plate, lest it touch her lips with its unique texture. (Don't even ask what she does with tripe stew...)

Embryodad

My chili:

Chili.jpg
OMG that is so funny!

My son loves seafood gumbo. He will go to a restaurant that has it , and will dissect every little piece of celery / onion / and beans. He will sit there with a fork and spoon, and remove every piece for sometimes taking 5 minutes...and then with the napkin full of his unwanted stuff, he pushes it aside, and he will then enjoy the gumbo.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You are a in a class of "elite eaters." DW has also learned to eat an entire bowl of chili without ever ingesting a single bead...unlike the rest of the family who LOVE the beans. She can also find the tiniest speck of diced mushroom and remove it to the side of her plate, lest it touch her lips with its unique texture. (Don't even ask what she does with tripe stew...)

I've never been called an elite eater. I feel special :corny:.

OMG that is so funny!

My son loves seafood gumbo. He will go to a restaurant that has it , and will dissect every little piece of celery / onion / and beans. He will sit there with a fork and spoon, and remove every piece for sometimes taking 5 minutes...and then with the napkin full of his unwanted stuff, he pushes it aside, and he will then enjoy the gumbo.

When I saw gumbo, I just knew you were going to say something about picking out okra. I've seen that happen too many times in my life :unsure:.