1 Carrot, grated
1 Zucchini, grated
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
Oil or Canola Oil Spray

1. Place the grated vegetables in a bowl.
2. Whisk the egg and milk in a separate bowl and pour over vegetables.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and sprinkle over the vegetable mixture. Toss to combine.
4. Coat saute pan with oil or spray over medium heat.
5. Place 1 Tbsp of vegetable mixture in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Serve.
*Allow to cool, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze. When ready, place in toaster oven or oven at 300 and heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.

Recipe Credit:
http://weelicious.com/2009/04/15/veggie-pancakes/

Attachments

• food 665.jpg
    food 665.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 122
  • food 666.jpg
    food 666.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 118
  • food 669.jpg
    food 669.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 118
  • food 674.jpg
    food 674.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 115

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Awesome Dee! Thank you! And you can freeze them for future use! I'm all over this one! Thanks!

Deelady

Oh you are welcome Keltin! I haven't tried to freeze them but I want to try that as well esp. since my little one LOVED them!

homecook

Really nice Dee! I've made these before but only with the zucchini. I'll definitely be trying it with the carrot added. They are so good! The jalapeno ranch dip would be awesome on these.

Deelady

Thanks Barb...I've made ones with potato and zucchinni (like latkes) before but it didn't have a batter like texture as these did. Much more puffy .

These look great, Dee! I'll have to remember to buy baking powder. Thanks for sharing.

Veggie Pancakes

1 Carrot, grated
1 Zucchini, grated
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
Oil or Canola Oil Spray

1. Place the grated vegetables in a bowl.
2. Whisk the egg and milk in a separate bowl and pour over vegetables.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and sprinkle over the vegetable mixture. Toss to combine.
4. Coat saute pan with oil or spray over medium heat.
5. Place 1 Tbsp of vegetable mixture in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Serve.
*Allow to cool, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze. When ready, place in toaster oven or oven at 300 and heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.

Recipe Credit:
http://weelicious.com/2009/04/15/veggie-pancakes/