Saturday dinner 3 October

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Oh no...I'm doing this two days in a row.. Promise I won't do it tomorrow! But I just posted the pizza pictures and looked to see if anything else was up for battle Turkey..
What's everyone making tonight??
Cocktail is Bourbon sidecars.

First course is roasted beets and fennel with orange viniagrette.
Dinner is my turkey submission - not sharing it just yet:tongue:

Dessert is apple and toasted walnut bread pudding with armagnac sauce.

Not sure what wine Lou has picked yet.

chowhound

I picked up some whole chicken wings yesterday that I'm going to grill. I'm not sure about the seasoning or sauce yet. I think I'll make some hot and some sweet, like with a honey/teriyaki sauce.

After some more thought, I think I'll make some pico today and make a tortilla pizza, too. Cheese, sauce, sliced crimini and pico.

Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It looks like pork loin tonight as that is what the DW took out of the freezer for me to cook.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I have chicken legs/thighs defrosting in the nuke for chicken soup. I have two batches of Italian dough on first proof. I might make kaiser rolls from one batch just to have something different in the freezer.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Chicken noodle soup for dinner. Trying to drive that flu out of the house!!!

Constance

We're having pink-eye purple hull peas and cornbread. It's supposed to get down to 40 here tonight, so that meal will put a warm spot in the tummy!

buckytom

Grill Master
12 more hours to go.

i want to kill someone.

not just kill them, but to to crush them, and see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

no dinner 'till the verablue hour.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
We're having pink-eye purple hull peas and cornbread. It's supposed to get down to 40 here tonight, so that meal will put a warm spot in the tummy!
Ooooh, beans and cornbread! A perfect idea. Thanks, Constance - now I know what we're having for dinner.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Wow, lots of you are eating chicken tonight, lol. I'm making tortellini soup with broiled english muffins - it's soup weather here today :)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm in an experimental mode, so I'm going to make some chicken chili, which I've never made before. I've got two copycat recipes, one is for Chili's chicken chili and the other is for Ruby Tuesday's chicken chili. I plan on using pieces of each recipe and adding my own twist, Ro-tel. I can picture it in my head, and I know what I want it to taste like. We'll see.

chowhound

I've made chicken chili before out of some chicken I smoked. I swear you can add just about anything to chili and have it be good as long as you leave the beans out. Are you using beans, Cooksie?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've made chicken chili before out of some chicken I smoked. I swear you can add just about anything to chili and have it be good as long as you leave the beans out. Are you using beans, Cooksie?

There will be great northern beans in this chili :tongue:. I hear you though. I don't like beans in red chili, but hubby insists on kidney beans. I just pick them out, one by nasty one :).

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Rib eye steak, buttered (and bacon salted) green beans, and vanilla ice cream topped with habanera honey covered raspberries. And wine.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Didn't get pics of my tortellini soup but here's the apple pie I made today for dessert :wink:

2qvtesk.jpg
[/IMG]

Deelady

I made a Mediterranean Crispy Red Chicken, Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes, Balsalmic dressed salad, toasted pita bread with tzatziki sauce.......and twizzlers for desert!!! lol

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I made a Mediterranean Crispy Red Chicken, Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes, Balsalmic dressed salad, toasted pita bread with tzatziki sauce.......and twizzlers for desert!!! lol

Wow, what a meal! Wish I had some, lol :flowers:

Deelady

It was very very good...didn't think to take pics cause I was soooo hungry!!! LOL But that apple pie of yours would have gone MUCH better thanthe twizzlers!!!! :D

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Octoberdining016.jpg

Octoberdining018.jpg

Roasted Beets with candied fennel, herbed goat cheese and orange & truffle viniagrette

Octoberdining020.jpg

Turkey Pot Pie with romano and thyme biscuits

Octoberdining026.jpg

served with a stuffed tomato
And apple and toasted walnut bread pudding with armagnac cream
Octoberdining027.jpg

Octoberdining036.jpg

GotGarlic

We went to a neighborhood pot luck party last night. Inspired by our trip to Italy, I put together an antipasto platter with salami, mortadella, asiago and provolone; marinated roasted red peppers; marinated garbanzo beans; and olives. Served it with bruschetta drizzled with EVOO, rubbed with garlic and sprinkled with salt. I took pictures, but something's wrong with my memory stick and I can't get to them! :sad: