Ingredient Showcase ... Pork Loin

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This is a Showcase of a single ingredient.

Each entry should revolve around the showcase ingredient.

There are no rules just a single dish or a meal involving the showcased ingredient.

When possible entry may include your recipe/instructions (or a link to your recipe). Pictures of your entry are always welcome and would be wonderful but not mandatory.

Let's have fun with this!!

And the star of this Showcase is ...

pork_loin_showcase.jpg

Pork Loin (MUST be Pork Loin - in any form)

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Re: Ingredient Showcase Pork Loin 2/4/2011 - 2/13/2011

I found a nice pork loin at Costco this afternoon, in a "marinade" of onion and garlic. I used to buy a similar product in the US, so I was surprised to see it here. It was really good - nice and moist and flavorful. I surrounded it with vegetables and cooked it to 155F, then let it rest about 15 minutes before serving. I made some applesauce to go with it, as well as some fresh green beans. All in all, a very nice "comfort" meal that we enjoyed. And we have leftover pork that I think I'll use for enchiladas (or something) tomorrow.

PS - sorry about the dangling cord in the first shot :blush:.

Attachments

• DSCF1096.jpg
    DSCF1096.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCF1100.jpg
    DSCF1100.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 289
  • DSCF1103.jpg
    DSCF1103.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 286
  • DSCF1105.jpg
    DSCF1105.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 291
  • DSCF1108.jpg
    DSCF1108.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 286
  • DSCF1111.jpg
    DSCF1111.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 284

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

mmmmmmm, Karen!

I love those big green onion-y things in there!

That dinner looks fabulous!!

Lee

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter

Ah thanks, Lee! The onions were really good - very sweet.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

BEAUTIFUL Karen!! I have a pork loin roast thawing. I cut it from a whole loin I bought last week. I'm not sure how I will cook it and what sides.

I hope it looks as good as yours.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter

Thanks, Peeps. I think I'll use the leftovers to make cuban sandwiches today - I'm getting ready to bake some bread.

Guts

I've been eating these pork loin chops for about a week straight. I wrapped the rest of him up and put them in the freezer for later. The side dish is fresh pepper pasta sautéed shrimp with jalapeno cream sauce.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 288
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 287

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter

Oh wow, Guts - that all looks SO good. I love the pepper pasta, and your plate looks scrumptious.

Guts

thanks Karen. It looks rather bland to me that I've been eating it for a week getting real tired of pork loin chops LOL the shrimp on the other hand I think I could eat that every night of the week. And some form. Thanks again Karen I'm headed to the kitchen to make some jalapeno cream sauce for the game to be served with chips.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

BEAUTIFUL! Guts your dinner looks fantastic!!

I love the color of your pasta. I would love to make fresh hot pepper pasta but the family won't eat food that is to spicy "hot". I have that wonderful tube of hot pepper paste but I only use it on my food, hub likes hot spicy food sometimes.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Boneless pork loin cutlet breaded and fried in peanut oil, mashed potatoes and steamed and buttered fresh chopped baby spinach.

020711_breaded_pork_loin_cutlet.jpg

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter

Looks delicious, Peeps - I would love a big bite of those buttery potatoes!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Looks delicious, Peeps - I would love a big bite of those buttery potatoes!
Thank you Karen. I could have used some help with them, I couldn't eat them all. I took out a 3 lb pork loin roast (I cut it from a whole 10 lb boneless loin) and then I decided to cut 4 chops and pounded them thinner to bread. I will roast whats left tomorrow.

Guts

looks good peeps I think the next time I cook up one of my pork loins. I may cut it then pounded out and bread it. Steamed spinach is got to be one of my favorite greens too.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

looks good peeps I think the next time I cook up one of my pork loins. I may cut it then pounded out and bread it. Steamed spinach is got to be one of my favorite greens too.
Thank you Guts.

I chopped 4 bags of baby spinach.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Roasted Pork loin, potatoes and onions (seasoned with EVOO, ground sea salt, ground peppercorn blend, garlic & onion powder, poultry seasoning, adobo seasoning, , cayenne, ground red pepper flakes, Hungarian paprika, thyme and rosemary), sliced tomato, steamed and buttered fresh broccoli and pan gravy.

020811_pork_loin_potatoes.jpg

020811_pork_loin_potatoes_broccoli.jpg

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Pineapple Teriyaki pork stir fry with fresh veggies, vegetable fried rice and salad of Romain hearts, tomatoes, red onions and croutons. Pretty darn tasty. The pork was chops I cut from a whole loin I bought on sale awhile back.

Dinner020811.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Pineapple Teriyaki pork stir fry with fresh veggies, vegetable fried rice and salad of Romain hearts, tomatoes, red onions and croutons. Pretty darn tasty. The pork was chops I cut from a whole loin I bought on sale awhile back.

Dinner020811.jpg
That looks fantastic Joe!! I could go for some of that right now.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Pork saltimbocca (boneless pork loin pounded thin, prosciutto, Swiss cheese, my AP seasoning, poultry seasoning rolled jelly roll fashion and secured with toothpicks then pan fried in butter).

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: