It's official: I'm Retiring

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The paperwork is in. My last day of work at this job will be Dec 28th.

My wife is retiring on the same day.

We plan to travel some ...and catch up on projects around the house. Then ...I have my eye on a couple potential part time jobs that I might want to do, or not. Looking for ideas on how to donate time and efforts but have not zero'd in on one. I'm not ready to be put out to pasture.

I have mixed feelings on all this. I'm not sure how I will handle retirement. I need something to do, to feel needed or that I'm accomplishing something. Will working my property be enough? There is work here but not sure my back or knees can do that 4 or 5 days week. It's all new to me. I'm sure it will all work out. I'm excited but also hoping I will not feel empty or bored.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Relax now and enjoy Doc!
Many people claim that are busier after they retire, but I expect that's in a good way.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
First, Congratulations.

There is always volunteer work.

I do suggest keeping busy. I just lost a good friend this weekend. The body is not intended to sit idle. Don't stress things will present themselves.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations, you lucky Doc!

We need you HERE, if that's a help!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
What QSis said !

You are still gonna have to look after US !:thankyou:

Since I retired four years ago, I've become adept at a whole new profession.......

House-Wife !:yum:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Relax now and enjoy Doc!
Many people claim that are busier after they retire, but I expect that's in a good way.
I hear that also Sass, from friends and family who have been there. Looking forward to it, reluctantly.

LT, I just heard yesterday, retiring is akin to getting rid of one boss to be replace by another boss you call your wife. lol I might have to join a union to ensure I'm not overworked. Lord knows she has all kinds of 'plans' for work that I have not bought into ...yet. lol

Thanks all for your kind comments. :thumb:

Peggy

Congrats to you both, Doc! Oh I'm sure you will enjoy it! You might be a little lost at first, but once it sinks in, it will be great!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations, Doc. Retirement is in a way like starting life all over again. It took me awhile to adjust but now I'm busier than ever. Enjoy.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks guys. I do hear that from other retirees. They are so busy now they do not know how they had time to ever work their old job. lol I am looking forward to it.