gifts you recieved for Christmas-

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i got my wellies, a gazillion new items from aeropostale, macy's & AE, h. topic, & spencers. there were 4 bottles of spray from b&b works, chokers, a leather wrist cuff, knee-hi socks in many cute striped this-&-that's, hippie pants, a belt, shirts, p.j.'s, slippers & slipper boots,, a new coat, some sleeved shirts for the winter, hoodies, jeans, my early gift of the 3 containers of manic panic & hair bleach, (i picked that stuff & was reimbursed or sent my Mom to the places to get them), the diary of anne frank & an anne frank memior, 2 of my fave books, i also got to see the family, & appreciated that very much. i cannot remember the other stuff i got. yinz~

they musta known i was gonna find those boots as they were hidden:good:
the moment of triumph & a few other pix:
-the wellies triumph
-Christmas Eve
-after the presents/dinner
-Raynin & me
-me & SIL-to-be

Attachments

• IMG_2520688.jpg
    IMG_2520688.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_2562693.jpg
    IMG_2562693.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_2535683.jpg
    IMG_2535683.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_2579676.jpg
    IMG_2579676.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2597669.jpg
    IMG_2597669.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a few other pix-
-Raynin & my Brother
-Vinnie, my Mom, my Brother, the baby
-unwrapped present mayhem!
-Levi & his girl- she got some bling!
-busted 'snoozin when there were presents to open!

Attachments

• Miscellaneous_Pics_295.jpg
    Miscellaneous_Pics_295.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 211
  • Miscellaneous_Pics_303.jpg
    Miscellaneous_Pics_303.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2539695.jpg
    IMG_2539695.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2514662.jpg
    IMG_2514662.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2584671.jpg
    IMG_2584671.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 210

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Darn girl that is a house full. :D

My Christmas was quite but got what I wanted, namely because I got it for myself. :thumb:

Attachments

• UbertiCattlemanLB_1 (Small).jpg
    UbertiCattlemanLB_1 (Small).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 190
  • UbertiCattlemanLB_2 (Small).jpg
    UbertiCattlemanLB_2 (Small).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 185

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i was a bad boy again this year it appears..i didnt even get a lump of coal..santa knew i would throw it into the bbq..lol

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics Aubery. :thumb: Looks like everyone is steeler fans there. :eek: I love Pittsburgh ... fun town to visit, but I root for da Browns. :D

I got some neat stuff but the primary thing I'll mention that I got is a Kindle Fire. I was on the fence and thought I should get an iPad and use Kindle on it, but now that I've had a couple days to play with the Kindle Fire I find it is perfect for what I want. A neat little e-reader plus it does so much more. Lots of Android apps available for download; most of the ones I wanted are free.
The kindle one click purchase option is the worst part of it. Very easy to click an ad and all the sudden you've bought something you had no intention of buying. I heard there is a fix in the works for this and hopefully it comes soon. Since I was warned about this by my SIL I have not made any purchases by mistake.
The size of the kindle is perfect. Smaller than the iPad, easy to carry along whereever you are going. I can even check in on the forums from the kindle if I have wifi available. typing a response would be trying. Much like using my phone. I avoid replying but it can be done if necessary.
Overall I am very happy with my kindle fire.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Geez, luvs, that household looks like a free-for-all! Bet you had a terrific time! You look particularly beautiful in the photo of you holding up your baby niece!

Joe, enjoy your new non-toy!

Doc, hope you like the Kindle fire. My roommate found hers more difficult to read on the beach than her regular Kindle, something about back-lighting, but she liked the other features.

My family and friends exchange a few small gifts these days, doubtfully much would be impressive to anyone but me. My favorites were a tacky blinking flamingo (from Provincetown, natch), a bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin with the "new-shaped" martini glass (still in my quest to make the perfect martini), and a photograph from my Hawaiian friend's teenage daughter, who is a magnificent photographer already!

I got some fun and funny gifts this year!

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_2406.JPG
    IMG_2406.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 188

lilylove

I got a kindle fire too! LOVE IT! The one problem I have with it is ... it's too dang easy to down load free games. I bought a ton of books to read before we came to Mx and I haven't started to read any of them. I've become hooked on Angry Birds... lol!

Facebook, Net cooking, gmail, web search, games, music it's all there at my finger tips. :) :) :)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My roommate found hers more difficult to read on the beach than her regular Kindle, something about back-lighting, but she liked the other features.

Lee

Yes, that is a known draw back to the full color Kindle Fire. The cheaper kindles are more ready to use in sunlight. I've already conditioned myself to possibly buying one of the cheaper kindles just for use in the sun while boating or at the beach etc. So far I'm loving it. To be able to read a book with one hand free is the biggest surprise, advantage to me so far. Heck at times I can read with both hands free. Pretty kewl.

I've already conquered angry birds on my iPhone but I still had to download it to my Kindle fire. I've started playing, and like the size of the game much better. I also found some kewl puzzle games. To handy and very tempting to play instead of read. LOL.

Oh goodness, I made out like a bandit!

Books:
"Ferran - The Inside Story El Bulli And the Man Who Reinvented Food"
"The Story of Sushi - An Unlikely Saga of Raw Fish and Rice"
"Along Virginia's Route 15"
"The Mad Men Cookbook" (along with the "Mad Men" Season Four dvd set)
"Curry - The Story of the Nation's Favourite Dish"
"Blood, Bones & Butter" - Gabrielle Hamilton's memoir
"The Garner Files" - James Garner's autobiography
"The Inn at Little Washington Cookbook"
Martha Stewart's new "Entertaining" book - what a hoot; is this woman nuts or what?
Several other books & dvds; a pair of $200 winter boots I'd been interested in - in fact, hubby bought TWO pairs of the boots so I could choose which pair fit best & send the other back!!! Whatta guy!!!!
A pair of night-vision binoculars - actually "one-oculars" - for watching nighttime wildlife. Also has a built-in camera specifically for taking night photos!! So now I can wander around outside after dark & take pics of everything going bump in the night while I'm haying the horses!

Also, a nice breakfast package of pancake mix, various pork products, & coffee from my brother; a lovely set of 4 antique-finish mercury-glass candlesticks from my old high-school buddy; & the usual much-more-than-generous check from my parents.

I must have been a very good girl this year for "Santa" to have gifted me so generously.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sounds like lovely gifts guys! doc, gasp, i re-coiled & gasped when u mentioned the b..... br..... that um, bunch of guys in ohio that aren't the stillers! :ohmy::D he-he! sounds like u really like your new gift.

looks like a full place; in reality, there were only Vinny, my Mom, me, levi, katie, & levi's girl there Christmas Day, then later, i went to visit my brother, rachel, raynin, devin, ayden & gage @ thier place & they were by on Christmas Eve 4 a few.

joe, have a great time w/ the present u chose. u really bought your own gift?! well, be careful. 'ya don't wanna be like ralphie in a Christmas story.

bam, u so funnnny!

lee, we were ripping into those presents like animals. & thanx!~
i really like the pic u got. it's so pretty. the flamingo made me laugh it was so cute.

trish, sounds great! u & doc were on the same pg. there- or your loved ones were, anyhow.

cooksie, my Mom would be your best friend. she loves to vacuum. have a ball cleaning. :hide2:

scads of gifts, breezy.

a better pic of the boots, a pic of my Mom & Vinny, & Katie, Vinny & me

Attachments

• Miscellaneous_Pics_311.jpg
    Miscellaneous_Pics_311.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Miscellaneous_Pics_322.jpg
    Miscellaneous_Pics_322.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Miscellaneous_Pics_327.jpg
    Miscellaneous_Pics_327.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 169

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
& 1 of me & my Mom- my 'puter was being screwy for a few. i hafta take a look @ it.

Attachments

• Miscellaneous_Pics_333.jpg
    Miscellaneous_Pics_333.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 174

joec

Gold Site Supporter
joe, have a great time w/ the present u chose. u really bought your own gift?! well, be careful. 'ya don't wanna be like ralphie in a Christmas story.

I sure did, actually sold a gun to buy this one. Oh and this one is for next season's cowboy action group.

You ladies must have done something right that is for sure. Tells you where I stand since I had to buy my own. :biggrin:

K

Kimchee

Got the third Alton Brown cookbook and a great grilling one called
Serious Barbecue, too!
Also got 12 Sonoma Williams spice mixes... all sorts of unusual ethnic ones.
bag of crystallized ginger, which I love!
Nice bottle of good balsamic vinegar, Good Grips box grater, and some
other mundane non-cooking stuff too!
Oh, an assortment of 6 unusual beers from World Market.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i luv w/s items- prefer dean/deluca tho much of the kitchen is done in both of thier items. crystallized ginger is good stuff.

you reminded me to find my grippy tongs!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I got clothes, clothes, and music !
5 Allman Bros. albums
5 Poco albums
the first three Jefferson Airplane albums
the first three Fleetwood Mac Albums (pre-Stevie)
5 Mott the Hoople albums

but THIS stole the show ...................... THANKS, DAN !!

001-1.jpg

cid:602491F61FA645D383E07E7F57E63D0B@DADPC

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats LT. Sounds like some good stuff. So you must've got the Airplanes "Bless it's pointed Little Head" LP. Always loved that one for no particular reason that I can remember.
Was Live at Fillmore one of the Allman Brothers LP's? Did you really get CD's and not LP's or are you into the vinyl?
Love the bowie tune by Mott da Hoople "All The Young Dudes". I still have all these in vinyl but don't have a turntable any longer. I want to get them converted to MP3's for easier access and playing on the go.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
okay .... I got CD's (digitally remasterd)
Like you, I have a couple hundred Vynals that never get handled, due to lack of a decent turntable (Stupid Hi-Tech revolution, lol).

2 of the AB discs were live at the Orpheum.... then there's Seven Turns, Shades of Two Worlds, and Where It All Begins...... all are from the nineties-- I had asked for Live at the Fillmore, and Eat a Peach, but the Warden doesn't know the difference............
The Airplane albums are JA Takes Off, Surrealistic Pillow, and Crown of Creation.

The Mott Albums are All the Young Dudes, Mott, the Hoople (their best, IMO), Drive On, and Shouting and Pointing.

Poco Discs are Pickin' Up the Pieces, Poco, Crazy Eyes, From the Inside, A Good Feelin' to Know.

It doesn't really count as a gift, 'cause I got it for myself, but there's
five "Mountain" discs in my collection now.... as well as an Otis Redding Anthology.

I'm in Hog Heaven !!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, BTW----
A friend of mine recently lost his brother, a bachelor.

Chore fell on him to clean out the deceased's Apt.

He found a LP to Disc converter, still in its carton, which he offered me for a very reasonable sum............ after much gnashing of teeth, I turned him down.......... just didn't even want to start something THAT big, this late in life, lol.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sweet knife, LT! great music too- my Dad loved to play some of those- especially jefferson airplane- when i was knee-high to a .......

music is one of the greatest gifts. it's timeless. unless it's modern, haha.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Excellent thread, luvs! Glad you started it!

It's so great to hear the excitement that people feel for the cool gifts they've received!

LOL!

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sounds like that could make some good chili & wings & stuff, fooD. although the name is sligtly scary, hehe.

& thanx, lee!~ i also luv hearing about other's holiday gifts. (&i still luv that cute 'lil- flamingo- i'm gonna flamingo-nap him/her, hehe!)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Got ....a great grilling one called
Serious Barbecue, too!

I LOVE this book, Kimchee!

My father bought it for my brother, after QBro competed in a barbecue competition where his cooking site was right next to Adam Perry Lang's (Lake Placid, NY). Adam won the contest -it may have been his first time competing!

Rob said that Adam was a terrific guy, and a true talent. In his book, he cooks on a variety of cookers, and each entry looks do-able and delicious!

I don't get anything from saying this, but "Serious Barbecue" (yeah, a lot of it IS grilling) would be enjoyable for other outdoor cooks, too!

Bam, Mama, and Ross in Ventura, anyone who loves to grill and smoke .... take a look at this book when you get a chance!

Lee

Attachments

• serious bbq.jpg
    serious bbq.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 143

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Joe, you could shop for me anytime. Note: I'm a lefty LOL!

Yes and it makes no difference which hand one shoots with. :wink:

Kind of all ways wanted the same type of gun carried by Matt Dillion and Paladen among others. Didn't want to mention Custer as it work out well for him. :yum:

Jim54

I LOVE this book, Kimchee!

I don't get anything from saying this, but "Serious Barbecue" (yeah, a lot of it IS grilling) would be enjoyable for other outdoor cooks, too!

Lee

Glad you know the difference between Grilling and Barbecuing :)

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Were your gifts wrapped properly? Here's how....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9dqjaTs780[/ame]

Biskit

An early Christmas present to me, by me and the missus. It's not at all new, but I like it.

Attachments

• IMG00394-20111002-0912.jpg
    IMG00394-20111002-0912.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 144