No Awesome blossom??

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
How in the hell did I miss the announcement of Chili's discontinuing the freaking Awesome Blossom???
Went to Chili's with sisters and aunt today and that is what we always get. Not today, damn it!! But, I ordered something and everyone ate it all!!! ROFLMAO!!! so, the day wasn't a total crap, :clap:

ONION STRING & CRISPY JALAPENO STACK
Crispy hand-battered and breaded onion strings with jalapeños piles high. Served with jalapeño-ranch dressing.
starters_onionstrings_tiltleft.gif

homecook

We don't have a Chili's here, but we get the Blooming Onion at Outback. I don't know if it's the same.

What you did get looks awesome!!!! They used to have something similar to that at TGIF''s but it was only on the menu for a limited time.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Texas Roadhouse calls it a Cactus Blossum----------- Warden has a cutting tool just for this appetizer- makes her own now and then........

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We got that tool when it came out as well, now I make em myself when I want em. Chili's always made them real greasy here. I will dig around and see if I can get a pic of it, been awhile since I have taken it out and used it!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I make the blooming onion myself using a standard knife. It is pretty simple to cut up a good size onion like that. I use a beer batter similar to a tempora with mine and a deep fryer. Doesn't take long to do a few once you are setup for it.