Wednesday 1/18/2012 What's on the menu today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have 3 HUGE roasted chicken breasts left (I roasted all 5). These were so huge 1 fed 2 of us. I am thinking soup or maybe a pot pie or both. And a salad.

Any plans?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well the chicken breasts are in the pot with unpeeled onion and carrot and celery simmering. I think I will just make a chicken stew and serve it over rice with salad on the side.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Hamburger Stew on a budget

2iqfo1w.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
After smelling the chicken simmering for an hour I now want to have soup and not stew. LOL

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm going to try to make some foccacia bread to use for some kind of sandwich, probably tuna or chicken salad.

Embryodad

I made chili sauce to make chili cheese dogs for supper today.
I was up till 3 am stirring it. It was only a small amount, so that blew the use of the slow cooker.

lilylove

chicken tenders are thawing...not sure what to do with them??? I'll figure it out later.

Snowing hard and it makes me grumpy so I'm not in the mood to do anything but laze around and take naps. :)

Embryodad

chicken tenders are thawing...not sure what to do with them??? I'll figure it out later.

Snowing hard and it makes me grumpy so I'm not in the mood to do anything but laze around and take naps. :)
lilylove...send the snow this way!... we jump for joy when it snows.

I'm watching Seattle now on the weather channel news. Neat!!!

Stay safe!

lilylove

LOL Embryodad...
Seattle just PANICS when it snows. :)

Don't worry SAFE I will be. I don't leave the house after one snow flake hits the ground. :) Paul even stayed home today! That's a good thing!!

I picked up a nice array of cold cuts - Spicy Cappicole ham, Pepper Salami, turkey breast, Provolone cheese, & Swiss cheese - & some sub rolls. Will make sub sandwiches with all the trimmings & serve with a quart of homemade Portuguese Turkey Sausage & Kale soup I have in the freezer.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
YUM on the stew BAMS!

Stay warm lilylove...I don't mind the snow so much here...we usually don't get much and it never lasts more than a day or 2 so we just stay inside and enjoy looking at it.

Clean out the fridge buffet tonight.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm making the city chix, taters, gravy & veggie today i was too busy to make yesterday.

mama, i cleaned the fridge yesterday- that was dinner. someone :peek-a-boo:decided to bleach/dye her hair late @ nite & that takes hours.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
its a long drive but i could go for some kale soup and a sub...sounds really good to me
I picked up a nice array of cold cuts - Spicy Cappicole ham, Pepper Salami, turkey breast, Provolone cheese, & Swiss cheese - & some sub rolls. Will make sub sandwiches with all the trimmings & serve with a quart of homemade Portuguese Turkey Sausage & Kale soup I have in the freezer.

Leni

What's left of the of the spaghetti that I made with garlic bread and either broccoli or salad.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
So I simmered the roasted chicken breasts then picked the bones, added celery, carrots, onion and potato served topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses. Served with a salad of butter lettuce, black olives, peeled carrot curls, red cabbage, raw cauliflower and vine tomato tossed with oil, vinegar and spices. It was all good but everyone was to hungry to take pictures.

Nancy-MD

Bams, your stew looks delish! I'd love some!

Everyone's meals sounds good, too.

I made pork chops. The potatoes are layered with shredded 4-blend cheeses and diced onions, and baked.

Attachments

• 1.18.12.jpg
    1.18.12.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 111
  • pork chop and potato cheese pie 1.18.12.jpg
    pork chop and potato cheese pie 1.18.12.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 113

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We had soup from the chicken bones I roasted the other day, and fresh Italian bread I made this morning. Also made sandwich thins with the Italian bread recipe...very nice change of pace. DW brought home all the fixins for Pasta E Fagioli, so I made 5 quarts of that for her to take to work to feed the priests at the church where she works.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everyones meals sound fantastic!!

Nan! :wow:That looks so good. The taters are art and the chop looks perfectly browned.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
nancy, yum-my. looks like pommes anna except w/ cheese & onion. boy, would i like some of those. the sour cream & chive is a good add-on, too. better yet!

trish, u could make a chix noodle soup since tenderloins cook so quickly.

sounds good, jimmy, & lol, peepz, they musta smelled pretty good if the fam wouldn't give u time to get your pic!

belaine, in a sammich or re-warmed~. i like meatloaf the next day, too. better than day 1, maybe.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looks wonderful Nancy! Beautiful potatoes!

LS...nice soup...loaded with goodies!

Embryodad

Everyone's meals sound great...

Lifesaver...All I have to do..is put your soup pic on the moniter, and sit with my bib, and my spoon. It looks great. The noodles are the thick ones like Klusky noodle. ummm!

Nancy..that potato sliced mound with cheese...would be great as just a snack while watching TV. The cheese ooze is lookin mighty tasty.

peep...You painted a good picture. No need for pixles. L O L

I gave up on the chili dogs. I'm taking nexium for stomach distress...so I figured to lay off heavy stuff like hot dogs. I don't chew them anyway. I wolf them down (Pathetic) like a woof woof doggy dog! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I made two scrambled eggs with yellow land o lakes cheese pieces.
I got distracted when DD came over, and the eggs browned a bit. (peep)

Ha Ha Ha ...I ate them gingerly and slowly. Had two slices of toast, and lightly buttered. Not 4 pats like I usually do on the toast.

I feel better now, and i think the distress is better. I will still take nexiup for two more days. That should heal whatever the heck tore heck into my stomach.
Geeze, I wonder why? L O L

Embryodad

Beautiful soup LS.

Feel better Jimmy.
Thanks peep...believe it or not...with the Nexium and staying off heavy food..it seems to have worked.
Once in a while..the tummy acts up. L O L .. Hey! look at all those years of punishment it went through! Haaaaaaa

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks peep...believe it or not...with the Nexium and staying off heavy food..it seems to have worked.
Once in a while..the tummy acts up. L O L .. Hey! look at all those years of punishment it went through! Haaaaaaa
Is Nexium over the counter?