Whats cooking TGIFriday July 17, 2009?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i am not sure yet but it will involve mac and cheese as i am craving it!!

what about you?

Last edited:

suziquzie

Re: Whats cooking Thursday July 16, 2009?

Is this for today or yesterday?
It's Friday.....
I hope it is anyway....
Either way I'm making stuffed peppers tonight. Friday night.
:)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Re: Whats cooking Thursday July 16, 2009?

Is this for today or yesterday?
It's Friday.....
I hope it is anyway....
Either way I'm making stuffed peppers tonight. Friday night.
:)
yes it's for today sweetie. yummy stuffed peppers. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Warden is bringing home Chin-Take-Out;

I'm having Shrimp egg-fooey, hot / sour soup and shrimp roll !!
.............and some of whatever SHE'S having !!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I'm also thinking Chinese take out tonight just haven't decide what to get off the menu yet.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Warden is bringing home Chin-Take-Out;

I'm having Shrimp egg-fooey, hot / sour soup and shrimp roll !!
.............and some of whatever SHE'S having !!
we had chinese the other day. i had pork egg fooey, pork fried rice, egg roll and wonton soup (i had lots of leftovers!!).

lilylove

I'm going out to dinner with our neighbors... lol... it's BBQ night at the place next door to our condo. Ribs are said to be delish and I believe it. Pork here is 100% better than it is at home. It's tender and has a ton of flavor. :)

The bartender here went to one of the best cooking schools here in Mexico. He's making us a coconut cake for dessert. It should go perfectly with my nightly piina colada. :) :) :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
vera are there any good butcher shops around any more in our area? i miss going into a butcher shop and getting nice fresh prime beef, fresh ground chop meat, pork roasts and sausage etc.

buckytom

Grill Master
the luganiga is just premio brand, from the shop rite in lodi. for some reason premio is better in lodi and in the clifton costco than when it's sold in other places.

shop rite in rochelle park makes a very good "store made" italian sausage, with or without fennel.

the best around was joe's buon appetito in river edge, but i think he sold the business. big chunks of tasty, fatty pork and herbs in a thin casing; no binders or fillers.

mucci's in saddle brook is pretty good too.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
the luganiga is just premio brand, from the shop rite in lodi. for some reason premio is better in lodi and in the clifton costco than when it's sold in other places.

shop rite in rochelle park makes a very good "store made" italian sausage, with or without fennel.

the best around was joe's buon appetito in river edge, but i think he sold the business. big chunks of tasty, fatty pork and herbs in a thin casing; no binders or fillers.

mucci's in saddle brook is pretty good too.
do you ever go to corado's family affair in clifton? i haven't been there in awhile. mom used to go to the one by the tracks.

buckytom

Grill Master
we buy a lot of our plants there in the spring, and gift baskets around christmas.

i drool at their cheese and salumi counter, but i never seem to (be allowed) to have time to stop and taste things to buy.

ok, one more joint: have you been to vitamia's on the hill in garfield? good bread and fresh/frozen pastas. and it's the only place around that occasionally carries bresaola.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
we buy a lot of our plants there in the spring, and gift baskets around christmas.

i drool at their cheese and salumi counter, but i never seem to (be allowed) to have time to stop and taste things to buy.

ok, one more joint: have you been to vitamia's on the hill in garfield? good bread and fresh/frozen pastas. and it's the only place around that occasionally carries bresaola.
hmmmmmmm where in garfield? i used to work on passaic ave.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i can't find bresoala anymore, bucky. cittero fresco used to sell it. giant iggle carried it around here.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG, you're right! And there's a place around the corner that has the best, homemade tamales. Thanks, Peep! Oh carp, do you have somewhere you can get some, too?

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I'm going out to dinner with our neighbors... lol... it's BBQ night at the place next door to our condo. Ribs are said to be delish and I believe it. Pork here is 100% better than it is at home. It's tender and has a ton of flavor. :)

The bartender here went to one of the best cooking schools here in Mexico. He's making us a coconut cake for dessert. It should go perfectly with my nightly piina colada. :) :) :)

yUMMMMMMM! It's been awfully hot here to cook, especially when most of us have no AC! But I have chicken I need to cook so it's going to be Italian/parmesan crusted chicken tenders and sliced tomatoes for dinner :wink:

GotGarlic

Well, no grilling tonight with a thunderstorm and a tornado watch out there! I think I'll make a braised chicken dish with maque choux, my Iron Chef entry, and a salad.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Something with corn in it!! :lol:

Well, no grilling tonight with a thunderstorm and a tornado watch out there! I think I'll make a braised chicken dish with maque choux, my Iron Chef entry, and a salad.

Holy Cow! I almost opted for a maque choux tonight!! :w00t:

I finally decided to go another route.....but that is wild. Great minds and all that right? :biggrin:

GotGarlic

Something with corn in it!! :lol:

Holy Cow! I almost opted for a maque choux tonight!! :w00t:

I finally decided to go another route.....but that is wild. Great minds and all that right? :biggrin:

Great minds is right! :D :thumb: Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

chowhound

I just took a big porterhouse out, so dinner won't be for a while, but grilled steak it is. I'm also going to make up some angel hair pasta and have some of the sauce with it that I saved from the other night along with some grilled garlic bread. Maybe I'll make it into the store and buy something green.... broccoli, beans or something for a side, side ;^)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just took a big porterhouse out, so dinner won't be for a while, but grilled steak it is. I'm also going to make up some angel hair pasta and have some of the sauce with it that I saved from the other night along with some grilled garlic bread. Maybe I'll make it into the store and buy something green.... broccoli, beans or something for a side, side ;^)
go for a nice mixed salad with greens and broccoli, add tomato. make a lot and save some for tomorrow night.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
hmmm, maybe I'll make a salad, too now...
Gotta remember to get some gorgonzola at the store if they have it.
steak and salad is my fav served on the same dish so the oil and vinegar dressing gets on the steak. yummy!!