Whats cooking TGIFriday 12/10/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have smoked ham hocks simmering for green split peas soup.

Any plans?

K

Kimchee

SPAAAAAAAGHETTTIIII and Meatballs!
One of my all time favorites.
With Texas Toast Garlic Bread and a salad.
Yummmmmm

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I was craving spaghetti yesterday as well, and had a small portion of a frozen product for lunch. Bah! lol
Still need a fix, so I'll probably get some from Pizza Hut on my dinner break, with garlic cheese bread.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I made a big breakfast this morning and there are plenty of leftovers from dinners the past couple of nights in the fridge if anyone gets hungry.

Attachments

• breakfast12102010.jpg
    breakfast12102010.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 121

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh yum, yum, yum, Mama! That looks so perfect.

Jerry just bought a big bag of aguacates (avocados) from a guy driving by (with a PA system, of course). He only paid 20 pesos ($1.60 USD) for two kilos (4.4 pounds). They are of varying degrees of ripeness, but a few are quite ripe, so I think there is some guacamole in our immediate future. If I am feeling ambitious, I'll make some tortillas and fry them up as a base for some nachos. Took some ground beef out to thaw...

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Kimchee, Mary, LG and Karen! That's DH's favorite breakfast.

Peggy

Leftovers from last night, lol! Hamburger steaks in tomato gravy, with rice and some sort of veggies:whistling:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OH MAMA!! Yummy breakfast!

Lunch:

Taco salad - Iceberg lettuce, seasoned taco meat, taco sauce, shredded cheddar, black olives, tomatoes, green onion & sour cream.

121010_taco_salad.jpg

The split pea soup is simmering for dinner.

mhend

I made beef stew in the crock pot tonight. We're taking the kids to see Santa so dinner will be ready when we get home.

Peeps, that taco salad looks delicious!

Phiddlechik

We are attending an annual Christmas Madrigal Feast that the college music department puts on. Our daughter is performing. It's wildly popular, they put on a great show, dinner theater style. We've never been and are looking forward to the event. Tickets were $45 each, and my daughter got them for us for my birthday present in Nov. Not sure what is on the menu.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Peeps, your lunch looks alot like I HOPE our dinner will be. Finished making the tortillas, and now I have to fry them and cook the meat. Your taco salad is a riot of gorgeous color. Love it!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Peeps, that taco salad looks great!

It's been cold here all week. I have a pot of onion soup on the stove. I'll gratin it when we're ready to eat.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I made a gratin of onion soup. I use David Rosengarten's recipe as a starting point. You all know how that goes - you always have to change it up a bit - personalize it. But it's good!

Attachments

• french onion soup 006.jpg
    french onion soup 006.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 105

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
That is splendid-looking, SS! Makes me want to stick a spoon in it RIGHT NOW! Good job. Bet it was really tasty.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you everyone!!

I made a gratin of onion soup. I use David Rosengarten's recipe as a starting point. You all know how that goes - you always have to change it up a bit - personalize it. But it's good!
I used to love watching David Rosengarten's show on PBS!! I would laugh knowing he had no running water in the sink but still got the job done! He just disappeared and they don't seem to rerun his shows.

BTW SS - Can you PM me David's recipe for the onion soup Pretty Please.

Last edited:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
The recipe is in his book Taste. I don't have it on my computer, so I'll type it up and send it to you.

Rosengarten was also with Gourmet magazine for a while. Lately, he's been hosting foodie trips and excursions, mostly through Europe & Asia.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i made eggs/sliced cheddar/vegemite toastsnacked on a few nuts, rather than cook food (so i'll cook my stew another day)-