Whats on your plate 9/19/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Today I think it will be breakfast for dinner: Pumpkin pancakes (or pumpkin waffles TBDL), eggs and ham steak. If things go as planned. If not who knows what dinner will be.

Any plans?

Mr. Green Jeans

Yard work if the rain holds off so something simple thinking meatloaf with garlic smashed 'taters and from the garden, a tomato/cucumber salad.

mhend

Hmmmm. Don't know yet. My son has another ballgame tonight, so maybe going out for something after. If not, maybe some burgers on the grill.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Plans right now are to take some food over to a friend's house for dinner - sort of a potluck. I plan to make chicken something - probably a repeat of the chicken, mushrooms, carrots, potatoes thing that Keltin made a few weeks ago, and then I made some as well. But I didn't write down a recipe or anything - all I have to go by is the picture I took. Looks good - wonder how I made it? Perhaps it will come back to me.

FooD

I have a large bag of ravioli which has been thawed and sitting in the fridge for a day or so. After I cook them I plan on grilling them and then topped with sauce. Is that doable?

GotGarlic

It seems to me that cooked pasta of any kind would stick to the grill grate. You could pan-fry them to get them a little crispy.

btw, I haven't decided yet what we're doing for dinner. I think I have some sole in the freezer, and I definitely have a lot of various peppers from the garden, so maybe something with those.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
grilled ravs - sounds like an interesting experiment.

oiled grill, dry ie not wet surface pasta - over doing not good - maketh for hard / crunchy edges....

but grill marks under the sauce could be tasty!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Spaghetti with pomodoro sauce, chicken parmesan and fried eggplant.

Lou has to be in Philly for 4 days so this is a bit of a send off. I do expect pretzels, cheesesteaks and raviolis from Taluttos in return.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Plans right now are to take some food over to a friend's house for dinner - sort of a potluck. I plan to make chicken something - probably a repeat of the chicken, mushrooms, carrots, potatoes thing that Keltin made a few weeks ago, and then I made some as well. But I didn't write down a recipe or anything - all I have to go by is the picture I took. Looks good - wonder how I made it? Perhaps it will come back to me.

Maybe this will help? :biggrin:

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15669

vyapti

Today I think it will be breakfast for dinner: Pumpkin pancakes (or pumpkin waffles TBDL), eggs and ham steak. If things go as planned. If not who knows what dinner will be.

Any plans?

Me too. We're having scalloped potatoes and waffles.

Leni

My husband asked for a dinner that included some baked beans he ordered online. So I am thinking either BBQ chicken or pork chops along with corn and zuchinni that I picked today. For dessert I'll grill peaches with cinnamon and brown sugar. Maybe add some vanilla syrup.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Made gnocchi instead of spaghetti

Gnocchi with fried eggplant (beneath the gnocchi) and chicken parmesan

September2010073.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner was 3 Silver dollar pumpkin pancakes (topped with sugar free strawberry preserves, sugar free maple flavor syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon), 1 scrambled egg, hot pepper rings and tomato salad.

pumpkin_pancakes_091910_P1060333.JPG

egg_tomato_091910_P1060334.JPG

Last edited:

FooD

My grilled ravioli came out like chit. I think I'll just stick to grilling burgers and hot dogs.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Sorry to be so late in commenting - we had a BIG storm last night (edge of the hurricane that passed over Central Mexico from the gulf) and just got our power restored. So sorry about the ravioli, George, but how are you going to know unless you try? I have to admire your willingness to experiment. Peeps, your breakfast/dinner looks very tasty. I like the contrast of flavors - sweet and spicy and savory. Very smart. Vera, your gnocchi and chicken all look fab, as usual. Someday, I will learn to enjoy gnocchi - the last time I had it, it was home made and very pasty and gluey. Not the way it is supposed to be, I'm sure.

Potluck, which was also a pool party, got canceled due to the storm, so I was left cooking for the two of us, mostly in the dark. Keltin, I really appreciate your steering me in the right direction - wish I had looked before I cooked. I ended up with something quite different, but still pretty good. Browned some chicken thighs, set them aside and added mushrooms, shallots and garlic to the pan, deglazed with white wine, added the chicken back in, then about two cups of chicken stock. Braised for about an hour (longer than I usually would, but had interruptions). Added just a bit of cream at the end (much less than I did last time) and served with steamed and buttered vegetables (carrots, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini). Home made bread on the side. Veggies got a bit overcooked, but DH likes them that way.

Attachments

• DSCF0257.jpg
    DSCF0257.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 78