Whats on your plate 9/2/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have 1/2 a flank steak, some bell peppers, tomatoes, sauce and cauliflower to use. I have no clue whats for dinner.

Any ideas what will be on your plate?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I have been craving creamy cucumber salad.
Might make that today. As for what to go with it, that's still up in the air.

FooD

College football tonight! USC vs Hawaii. I'm having some people over so I'm preparing some finger food plus some beef back ribs and fixins...

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I am thinking about making meatballs with rotel/cheese sauce over rice too.
Or maybe just a meatloaf with said sauce.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I scored some nice YELLOW cheddar cheese at Walmart yesterday (yippee!) and I have some smoked pork chops that need to be used, so I think I'll make Ham and Scalloped Potatoes (well, smoked pork chops are ham, right?) We like the potatoes chunky, not sliced, so I precook the potatoes. Ricardo brought me some beautful green beans this morning, so I'll cook some green beans and also make a green salad.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I scored some nice YELLOW cheddar cheese at Walmart yesterday (yippee!) and I have some smoked pork chops that need to be used, so I think I'll make Ham and Scalloped Potatoes (well, smoked pork chops are ham, right?) We like the potatoes chunky, not sliced, so I precook the potatoes. Ricardo brought me some beautful green beans this morning, so I'll cook some green beans and also make a green salad.
Karen I will bring you some more yellow cheddar if you will serve me that meal!! I can't find smoked chops. Just wait till I get there to cook (I will help gladly) oh and send me a plane ticket!!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Peeps, I would be SO happy for you to join us. Bring some good Tillamook sharp cheddar, OK? Now, about that plane ticket...:whistle::whistle::whistle: Maybe we could take up a collection?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've decided to go with fried fish and fries to go with the cuke salad.
Just needed an excuse to use the Old Bay again! LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I've decided to go with fried fish and fries to go with the cuke salad.
Just needed an excuse to use the Old Bay again! LOL
Do you have the original Old Bay seasoning? I happened to pick up the Lemon and pepper variety of Old Bay and WOW is that good!! I add lemon juice to my baked clams filling and this time I added some of the lemon pepper old bay and it gave it a nice kick!! I also sprinkled it on top of them before I baked them.

I don't make much fish but I think the lemon pepper variety will work pretty good on chicken and gravy the next time I make B/S or cutlets with lemon gravy.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!
I need to calm down!! I am so annoyed My heart is pounding and I almost fell down from dizzy and nausea!!

I feel like my head will explode!! rant-4.gif

Last edited:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I'm doing baby back ribs OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! with mashed sweet potatoes, sugar snaps and a salad.

Got three mosquito bites while I was lighting the grill....but the new outdoor dining set arrived earlier this week, complete with great red umbrella. It's still too hot and buggy to eat out there, but I can dream, I can dream!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pepper steak (Red, yellow, orange & green bell pepper & onions stir fried in EVOO till just tender. Thin sliced flank steak added to pan and fried just till pink), tomato salad with a hunk of French bread to sop juices & rice and peas (onion chopped fine & jasmine rice sautéed in butter till onion is soft. mushrooms, frozen peas & pearl onions & beef broth added).

pepper_steak_090210_P1060251.JPG

Last edited:

mhend

Sass and Peeps, it all looks so good! We are having hamburger steaks, scalloped potatoes with bacon and onions and some peas. :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Sass and Peeps, it all looks so good! We are having hamburger steaks, scalloped potatoes with bacon and onions and some peas. :)
Thank you mhend!!

Add some gravy and I will be knocking at your door!! LOL YUMMY!!

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Dayum Peeps. That's great!! What a lot of colour and so tasty looking.
Thanks you two. :)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I grabbed a knock-off recipe off the Internet and made Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad. Came out pretty good, including the chicken breast breaded with corn flakes. Sorry, no pictures. We rushed dinner then had to go to a wake.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dayum Peeps. That's great!! What a lot of colour and so tasty looking.
Thanks you two. :)
Thank you Sass!! I am so sad ............ my bottle of malt vinegar is in search of fishies & chippies!! If I roll news paper into a cone do you think a food fairy will fill it with fish and chips? LOL

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Sass!! I am so sad ............ my bottle of malt vinegar is in search of fishies & chippies!! If I roll news paper into a cone do you think a food fairy will fill it with fish and chips? LOL

:yum: mayyyyyyyybe!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Sass, your fish looks so perfect, and I love Peeps' colorful plate - the rice looks very good, also! Joe, I'm sorry you are attending a wake - please accept my condolences for the loss of a friend or family member...we've lost two close friends this summer, and hope that our season of loss lets up for awhile.

I do like the idea of the Applebee's salad, however - I'll google it. We had a wintertime dinner on a summer day. It was pretty cool and overcast today, temps only hit mid-80s, and it was a cool 75F when we got up this morning. We actually used the sheet to cover us last night, 'cause we got cold. I made scalloped potatoes with ham/smoked pork chops, green beans with bacon and a salad with homemade ranch dressing. Cookies (white chocolate chip, dried cranberries and toasted pecans) for dessert.

Peeps - hope you're feeling better.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 85

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Karen, that is just the best!
I am always at a loss for what to say when I see all your dinner pics.
Feels like I am either repeating myself or at a loss for words really.
I am LOVING that cheesy potato ham dish, and of course I adore green beans with bacon .. and if you don't mind, umm I'd like your recipe on the homemade ranch dressing.. ;)
The pink plate!!!!! haha